Beware of VIRUS

Simran9

hmmm... its interesting to know that quite a few of u guys like macs.. but personally i don't like macs because of their unfriendly use interface. in windows, you have taskbar and many windows open and u can simply click on the window that u want to wok on, but on mac its different, depending on what version of OS you are using. secondly, u can get lots of software for free from ur friends, kazaa, or from other place for windows, but for macs, u will have to either buy it or have hard time getting the software free. personally i don't prefer macs. :umm:

Guest balwinderkaur

to get rid of the stupid sasser worm which infected my dear darling laptop on sunday.......goto www.norton.com and run the FX sasser remover available...or sophos website depending which antivirus software u are using...damn windows xp its sooooooo vulnerable to these worms :umm:....and i thought my new laptop was gone forever....was ready to shed tears over it's "death". :'(

:umm: come on ppl, don't debate which computer is better.

i think i got the sasser keerra off my computer. :(

i was so mad b4 i was about to do this: :c:

heres the instructions i got for getting rid of it:

1. press ctrl+alt+del for task manager and under process tab (i think) look for aserve2.exe, click on it and end process.

2. firewall ur connection in controlpanel/network connections

3. log on to internet, go to www.microsoft.com/downloads

now i don't remember instructions exactly from this point but its something like this:

Go to download center and select the 5th download listed. Click on download, then run program now....something like that and u should be fine.

so what's the best anti virus program out there?

and what does aserve2.exe do? is that from the virus or does the computer need it to function properly? pplz who didn't get sasser keerra on their comp check this now: press ctrl+alt+del for task manager and look for it under process tab. Do you have it? after i removed virus from my comp i saw aserve2.exe was still there in the process tab :D Alls I know is that it is an executable file.

Guest balwinderkaur

i think u need to switch off system restore while running the worm killer....cuz backup files of the worm might be created....so turn off system restore, run the worm killer, restart your pc and voila :umm:

Mcfee is good anti-virus software...

Since last month.. im being very careful of what i download/surf from internet.. cauz some virus messed up my beautiful desktop :D @

Advice.. : Never run computer without the anti-virus software installed in ur computer.. (satpreet let me know if you want to have copy of MCFEE anti-virus full version)

also do follow balwinder's reply:

i think u need to switch off system restore while running the worm killer....cuz backup files of the worm might be created....so turn off system restore, run the worm killer, restart your pc and voila

Also if u do have kazaa .. Kill it.. uninstall it.. kick it out.. HECK OF VIRUSES, SPY and endless list of junk stuff.. get kazaa lite, free of spy, advertisement and so on.. (also let me know if u want copy of that tongue.gif )

hope that helps :umm:

Guest balwinderkaur

i want both,..........is there any way you could send it to me for free?????...without having me go access some external site or whatever???...i dont wanna pay for internet surfing

Advice.. : Never run computer without the anti-virus software installed in ur computer.. (satpreet let me know if you want to have copy of MCFEE anti-virus full version)

also do follow balwinder's reply:

i think u need to switch off system restore while running the worm killer....cuz backup files of the worm might be created....so turn off system restore, run the worm killer, restart your pc and voila

Also if u do have kazaa .. Kill it.. uninstall it.. kick it out.. HECK OF VIRUSES, SPY and endless list of junk stuff.. get kazaa lite, free of spy, advertisement and so on.. (also let me know if u want copy of that tongue.gif )

1. i am trying to get anti virus software from some pplz in my family so i don't have to go buy it (someone in the house is a cheapsucker rolleyes.gif )

2. my desktop also

messed up from blaster worm last year :( @

3. i'm not big comp techie...so i didn't understand the part about "restore" :umm: ummmmm.......i downloaded the security patch from microsoft.com and it restarted the computer after it was done, then i downloaded updates that i should've done a long time ago, then it restarted comp again when that was done....i don't know if my computer is ok now or not cuz i'm afraid to use it :D

4. i don't use kazaa that much these days...no time....but my bro does probably, so where do i get kazaalite from? website? it better be free rolleyes.gif

5. also i got 2 more netskies to my email :wub: . now its called "notice" :D @ :D @