Beware of VIRUS

Simran9

EVERYBODY BEWARE OF VIRUSES!!!

I AM GETTING Virus "W32.Netsky.Z@mm" FROM THE FOLLOWING EMAILS:

sarwan@ shokar000.freeserve.co.uk

newyorksikhs@ yahoogroups.com

skagx@hotmail.com

WHOEVER IS DOING THIS IS GOING TO ROT IN HELL I HOPE!!! THEY CALL THE VIRUS ATTACHEMENT "IMPORTANT" OR "INFORMATION" OR "HELLO."

ALSO EVERYONE BEWARE OF A SASSER WORM----->MORE INFO AT http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/sasser.asp

MY COMPUTER HAS THIS SASSER THINGY ON IT AND NOW I CAN'T USE MY COMPUTER TILL MICROSOFT PPLZ COME UP WITH A THING TO DESTROY IT :umm: @

Satrpreet, the emails that u see when u open ur emails they are not the ones who are sending u the emails. there are some programs that you can use emails to ppl and someone else's email will show up instead of urs... a friend of mine gave me a cd that has lots of virus and programs that can be used to send anynomys emails and destroy ppl's computers... it sucks... the best way is to as microsoft said, enable firewall, anti-virus software don't do much either cuz new virus are created and spead on the internet and destroy countless machines before anti-virus ppl make a program to detect it. the best way is to back up ur important files to portable disks, flash drives, or zip drives, etc. etc.

GuruFatehJi, Satpreet.

Take it from me, these viruses are part and parcel of IBMs. The next time you purchase a computer, try out the funky Mac!! :D

That's what I'm using right now . . . Apple PowerBook G4 . . . beautiful machine, not a single crash . . . no viruses, nothing . . . it's da bomb.

Wanna borrow my Mac for a day or two? Try it, you'll hate your PC! :umm:

Sorry for making fun of your comp, it's just that I'm a loyal Apple fan!!

L*

Ex-apple user here.. i used to work in apple and build alll those ibooks/powerbooks during my last year summer :umm: ..

One thing that makes apple cool is it's graphics, interface and less crashing :D

Powerbook ohmy.gif it's the bomb !

Having both a mac (my dad's tongue.gif ) and a pc (mine B). PCs, are great for those that are computer-literate and really know how to fool around with all the wing-dings embedded in Windows (I'm saying windows, because that's most of the market and most PCs use it instead of linux or unix.) Mac's are great for those that just want simple interfaces that they can pick up easily. However, these things have little to nothing to do with viruses, I just wanted to state this, because this is what my whole argument is based on tongue.gif . Basically, people attack Windows and PCs (which are both attacked together, even though a mac is technically a pc) because they are the market. So, the more Windows PCs there are, the more viruses that are gonna get written for them, so that the hacker/virus writer will have a maximum effect.

now i kinda wish i hadn't spent $1400 on a hp pc :( @ :wub: @ :D @

i thought mac comps were for art stuff :D

today i got another frickin netsky from: bucollegerepublicans@ hotmail.com

i can't believe some idiots would wanna waste time getting a program that will change the email address so it looks like somebody else sent it :D whoever does this is a WIMP hiding behind some other email address :lol:

thanks to some sasser virus my computer is down and i can't even get on the internet to download the update to get rid of the virus. system shuts down and restarts. i firewalled all the connections, even ones that are unplugged :umm: .

Having a mac doesnt mean that u will stop recieving email with viruses in them. Once this your email addres is captured by such programs, they end up sending u emails for a long long time. The trick is not to let these emails get to u.

Also use a web based email client (not outlook). Do not open attachments.

Virus scan everything and keep ur virus checker up to date.

I download about 1 gb worth of stuff everyday. So u have to make ur self aware of these things. Dont let them get to u. Just remember broken computer can be fixed.