Remembering our Beloved departed Gursikhs

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found out about the departure of these three Gursikhs just before my exams started, and even though I didnt personally know them, it DID affect me for some time...As this was at the beginning of my exams, I didnt come online much, therefore I had to wait until finishing before I could find out more about them.

I'm sure Guruji is looking after them, and they've gone to abode divine.

I just wanted to know, does anyone know how the families are doing? Does Bibi Reena Kaur have brothers/sisters?

How about Bhai Charanjit Singh? I guess people wont know about his family as he's from India?

I've seen a pic of Bhai Parminder Singh and his wife and daughter...

Vaheguroo jee ka khalsa Vaheguroo jee kee fateh!

I think for the most part, the families are doing okay. Rena Bhainji was born to her parents after seven years of marriage and did not have any brothers or sisters, but she was the oldest out of all her cousins.

with regards to bhai charanjit singh jee:

http://gursikhijeevan.com/community/phorum...1&i=5455&t=5455

Author: Jasdev Singh

Date: 06-06-04 09:41

vwihgurU jI kw ^wlsw vwihgurU jI kI &qih

Dear sadhsangat,

Ustaad Bhai Charnjeet Singhs body was accompanied by me and creamated May 18 at Mehta Chown DDT headquaters. There was a huge gathering, singhs were waiting at the gate when we arrived. Singhs were shaken when they saw his body but everyone continued to do jaap of "satnam waheguru" An akhand patt was held the next day in Ustaad ji's village gurudwara.

Two buses full of singhs were at the samapti of the akhand patt. It was hard for me to talk infront of his parents due to the circumstance of the situation but Ustaad ji's parents were in full chardi kala, especially his mother. She stayed soo strong the whole time I was there.

Ustaad ji's home and financial situation is not too good , I find it that it is all of our responsibiility to send whatever we can to help his family out. Below is their information.

Address: Village Partapgarh

Post Office Umarpura

Tel Batala

District Gurdarpur

Punjab India

phone 1871 249916

Bank Info: Balkar Singh/Parmjit Kaur

Account Number 4181/14

Punjab and Sind Bank

Punj Graian<

br>District Gurdaspur

India.

This is my benti/request. Please feel free to contact me for more information on my cell 098158 60156. May guruji bless all 3 souls and keep the families behind strong.

PLEASE FORWARD, THANK YOU.

vwihgurU jI kw ^wlsw vwihgurU jI kI &qih

Jasdev Singh

Shaheed Baba Deep Singh Gatka Akhara

Damdami Taksal Toronto

Jatha Bhindra Metha

Bhai Parminder Singh jee had two sisters (i believe) and one brother. From what I've heard, his wife is very chardi kala... when the bodies were brought back, she didn't cry at all.. all she did was massage his feet...

For more information on these three gursikhs, visit gurmatstudies.com. Make sure you also click on the tribute video/CD. For the tribute video on just bhai charanjit singh, click http://gursikhijeevan.com/media/video/file...inghTribute.wmv

• 2 weeks later...

it's been two months today since charnjit singh's charraee, it'll be two months tomorrow for rena kaur and parminder singh..

wow.. feels like it was yesterday when we could just call them or go to sangat and see them doing keertan or seva...

hopefully guru ji and the shaheed singhs 'up there' are watching over our little sister rena and our 2 veerjis

• 4 weeks later...

vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaeguru vaheguru vahegur vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru

don't forget!!! don't let their contributions go to waste.. the spirit must live on.... stay in chardhi kalaaaaaa!

I was reading these posts today and I remembered how Rena had once said that when she passes away, she would want her loved ones to be happy and stay in chardee kalaa. She also said they should do a lot of keertan, and that it would be so cool if they did keertan at the funeral.

It's pretty amazing, because that actually ended up happening. Rena Kaur & Parminder Singh's funeral was the first I'd ever been to where there was a stage with keertanis on it, doing simran with a vaja and tabla and shanay. The stage was surrounded by sangat and EVERYONE was singing. There were at least 5000 people there, maybe more, and news reporters said it was the largest funeral in B.C. history. Dhan Gursikhi, Dhan Guru dhey Sikh...

We've all seen lots of funerals, but this one was different. People were staying strong, and most of the sangat was in chardee kala. Just like what these 3 Gursikhs would've wanted

shukar hai

• 1 month later...