Uggardanti Questions

VahegurooJiKaKhalsaVahegurooJiKiFateh!

Please note, I am not doing shanka, I am just trying to get a better understanding. I was a having a look through Uggardanti bani and its translation on <a href="http://<banned site filter activated>/Scriptures/uggardanti/uggardanti.htm" target="_blank">http://<banned site filter activated>/Scriptures/.../uggardanti.htm</a>, I don't know i think some of the translation must be wrong. I was reading it and I realised that reference throughout to Durga, Bhaguatee etc. it means Vaheguru, not the goddess that Hindu's pray to. BUT later on, I came across the line where the translation makes it seem like the durga/bhaguati etc. being praised in this bani is DIFFERENT to Vaheguroo, so I am abit confused now. I read the original gurmukhi too, but I still couldn't understand.

This is the verse

inrMjn pRBU nwQ kwdr murwry ]

qhW qU KVI kudrqI rUp Dwry ]

auj`l pRBU ipqw jo (murwr)Bgvwn hY [

auQy qUM kudrq dw rUp Dwrky KVI hYN [

The illustrious God, the Majestic Father.

You are standing in His presence in the guise of Nature..

Like I said, the translation makes it seem like Vaheguroo and the being being praised in this bani are seperate. I thought throughout it was only about Vaheguroo, I am sure it must be, but its just a case of understanding. Can someone help me? I've got some more questions about other lines too if anyone does help hehe.

Ps. another question, is Uggardanti originally a part of Sri Dasam Guru Granth or Sri Sarbloh Granth?

Thanks

VahegurooJiKaKhalsaVahegurooJiKiFateh!

Edit: guess I should do a bit more googling before asking, I found a good meaning here:

http://www.5abi.com/mchetna/sikh/uggardant...and_chautha.htm

The meaning makes a whole lot more sense, you have to click to see as gurmukhi won't show.

its like Guru Nanak Dev Ji, standing in the presence of Vaheguru Ji. they are one inthe same , but in 2 different bodies. same with in Ugardanti. the SHAKTI of Vaheguru Ji, prevailing through Chandika, in the presence of Vaheguru Ji.

alot of people misunderstand Ugardanti Baani. it has almost nothing 2 do with Durga in her physical form, it is all just about SHAKTI of Vaheguru Ji.

and no, Ugardanti was not part of Sri Dasam Granth. Ugardanti is a Gupt Baani. like, Brahm Kavich etc.

Gurfateh. :)

I remember reading on a forum (perhaps this one), that Ugardanti was originally part of Sri Dasam Granth, however, was removed by the Sodhak Committee.

Any truth to this?

As far as I know, the Sodhak Committee just chose the banis that were common to most of the puratan birs of Dasam Granth. Ugardanti is found in only one puratan bir of Dasam Granth.

Regards,

K.

I remember reading on a forum (perhaps this one), that Ugardanti was originally part of Sri Dasam Granth, however, was removed by the Sodhak Committee.

Any truth to this?

As far as I know, the Sodhak Committee just chose the banis that were common to most of the puratan birs of Dasam Granth. Ugardanti is found in only one puratan bir of Dasam Granth.

Regards,

K.

You are right. But birs at Nihung shawnis have ugardanti.

No beer parkashed in punjab has ugradanti unless its a hand written ... not even beer parkashed at takth patna sahib has ugradanti ... the sri dasam granth beer which has ugradanti is parkashed at takth hazzor sahib only which added it recently hardly few years ... now the dasam granth sahib sroops printed at hazzori taksal have ugradanti bani ...

Guest shastr

wat are the other banis that were taken out along with urgardanti? i dont want to start an arguemnt or anything, just general knowledge, so if someobody could pm me and explain why these bani's were left out and when it happend.

thanks singho

wat are the other banis that were taken out along with urgardanti? i dont want to start an arguemnt or anything, just general knowledge, so if someobody could pm me and explain why these bani's were left out and when it happend.

thanks singho

Fateh!

You can find a list in this older thread about Ugardanti:

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=39587&st=0

Regards,

K.