Gnnsj Gurudwara Hounslow

Guest Pangati

Guest Pangati

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Does anyone know why GNNSJ in Hounslow West have introduced tables and chairs, yet their main Gurudwara (Soho Road, B'ham) doesn't have them and they're always going on about Maryada etc?

I suppose Satguru Ramdas SahibJee wasnt aware oof the flow of sangat when thousands used to visit and eat langar or even Satguru Gobind Singh Jee who had thousands with then each divaan - langar should be eaten on the floor - i respect issues with elderly which can be done on table - debatable - but to have a whole langar hall with tables and chairs is clearly wrong, its interesting how the jathedaar of akaal takht past and present dont notice whenever they come to uk - they always go soho road. Yet they say they dont do politics. rather funky i say.

Guest Guest

why are people always looking to get around what really should be done and make excuses. its simple langar should be eaten on the floor. if there is a shortage of space im sure sangat could wait a little while.also is it no harder to serve on tables as its hard to get to the thaals where as on the floor you can walk through the rows of people and give out langar with ease. these stupid excuses are what is taking sikhi away from its roots and traditions.

I think what irritates me more (I try not to let it) is that there are Gurdware where there are tables/chairs and a place to sit down. Often there's no clear seperation so those who consume langar on tables walk around with shoes on right past (and sometimes in front) of those who are eating langar on the floor. In this way, having only tables/chairs or only sitting on the floor is better as it prevents the disrespect of langar.

Where there is the provision to sit on the floor, I implore you, Sangat Ji, to sit on the floor - to lead by example. This is far better than criticising others as such actions are detrimental to the mind and body.

I suppose Satguru Ramdas SahibJee wasnt aware oof the flow of sangat when thousands used to visit and eat langar or even Satguru Gobind Singh Jee who had thousands with then each divaan - langar should be eaten on the floor - i respect issues with elderly which can be done on table - debatable - but to have a whole langar hall with tables and chairs is clearly wrong, its interesting how the jathedaar of akaal takht past and present dont notice whenever they come to uk - they always go soho road. Yet they say they dont do politics. rather funky i say.

If the Jathedar made a stand and decided not to visit any Gurdwaras that have chairs and tables the truth is he probabaly wont be visiting many Gurdwaras in the Birmigham area. Even SMethwick Gurdwaras has chairs and tables inside the langar hall.

why are people always looking to get around what really should be done and make excuses. its simple langar should be eaten on the floor. if there is a shortage of space im sure sangat could wait a little while.also is it no harder to serve on tables as its hard to get to the thaals where as on the floor you can walk through the rows of people and give out langar with ease. these stupid excuses are what is taking sikhi away from its roots and traditions.

I think people are getting carried away. It's becuase of the blimmin Canadians and their problems which forced there to be a decision about chairs and tables. The concept is about eating langar is about equality. Equality means sitting on one level, whether that be on floor, chairs or upside down. Sitting on chairs does not take you away from Sikhi.....it's not realising that we are all equal. respect!

look, GNNSJ hounslow, do have very elderly people who come to the gurdwara, if you see them then you will understand why they cannot sit on the floor, some of them find it hard to even do namaskar! theres only two tables in the corner with 8 chairs.

I think people are getting carried away. It's becuase of the blimmin Canadians and their problems which forced there to be a decision about chairs and tables. The concept is about eating langar is about equality. Equality means sitting on one level, whether that be on floor, chairs or upside down. Sitting on chairs does not take you away from Sikhi.....it's not realising that we are all equal. respect!

i think your getting lost and confused there is something in Sikhi its called HUKAM which means ORDER/COMMAND there is no option for questioning, Vaheguru cant be wrong!!

Sikhs were COMMANDED to eat langar on the floor, not to mention there is a HUKAMNAAMA form Sri AKAL TAKHAT which confirms the original HUKAM of our GURUS

also these 'old' people dont seem to have trouble sitting on the floor in the Darbaar of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, why then do they have difficulty sitting down for langar??

Also you see 'old' people sitting on the floor at weddings!

Also people who have problems should do more NAAM SIMRAN simple as Vaheguru make the whole world spin, makes the whole universe stay in order im SURE Vaheguru can cure aches/pains/arthritis/rheumatism/{whatever ails you}