Concentration While Meditating

Guest GuesT

Don't get caught up in this stuff about naam dhrir. It's just something used by one specific jatha as advertising. Baba Thakur Singh ji bhindrenwale and Sant Jagjit Singh ji Harkhowalwale have both told me there is no need for naam dhrir. It is a mechanical technique taught by the punj of this one jatha (and apparently a ''few smaller jathas'' as well). Naam is beyond these mechanical techniques. Soormay and Mahapurks from the sampradas don't accept it as required. If you believe in it, fine for you, but it is not the puratan technique seeing as how the sampradas, who actually have the purataaan links to the past, don't accept it as the ''only best way''. bhul chuk maaf, I don't mean to hurt feelings, but it is the truth.

If you havent personally experienced Naam Dhrir then how can you discredit it. Bhai Randhir SIngh Ji a true saint scholar in his book Anhat Shabad Dasam Duar talks about Naam Dhrir given by Panj Pyaarey.It cant be given by any"Sant Baba " it can only be given by Panj Pyaarey. All sampradas including Rara Sahib mention a technique of Naam Simran. WHen doing Naam Simran one reaches certain stages Basanti , Para, etc. Panj Pyaaray teach you to reach the stage in which eventually the breath gets reversed and rises upward and you do automatic Ajap Jap Naam simran. These things are mentoined in Gurbani. How can you deny Gurbani?

rI klvwir gvwir mUF miq aulto pvnu iPrwvau ]

ree kalavaar gavaar moodt math oulatto pavan firaavo ||

You barbaric brute, with your primitive intellect - reverse your breath and turn it inward.

mnu mqvwr myr sr BwTI AMimRq Dwr cuAwvau ]1]

man mathavaar maer sar bhaat(h)ee a(n)mrith dhhaar chuaavo ||1||

Let your mind be intoxicated with the stream of Ambrosial Nectar which trickles down from the furnace of the Tenth Gate. ||1||

well i think sun singh paaji jus tryin to say that some pepl and jathes nt accept naam dhrir as required!! anyway sukhdeep singh pajii we cant say that we have to be naam dhrir to reach at particular stage!! this is just started by jatha.. wat about before that?? there were so many sants mahapurakhs reched at different stages. and ji hanji bhai randhir singh written in his book but ji in that times panj pyarey were in real chardikala, sorry to say but in these days panj are nt in avastha where they suppose to be as u can guess bak in days bhai randhir singh jis time in amrit sanchars so many abhilakhees gt there dasam duar open while receiving naam dhrir first time. as bhai randhir singh written in his book that

<The rasna (tongue) of Punj Pyare with Naam Kamaayee (one's who have earnings of Naam) is the rasna of Guru Sahib. Hearing the Naam Gurmantra from the holy and Amrit-drenched tongue of Punj Pyaare with Naam Kamaayee, under the leadership of Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee, causes wonderous, spiritually-attracting Paaras Kala (condition) and immediately after hearing the Naam with ears, the current of Naam Abhyaas runs in the seeker and this current then never stops flowing in the seeker.>

jio naam is beyond techniques... its like sweet laddu.. u can make pieces and eat it or u can just put in your mouth lol its not like only u can attain that spiritual bliss if u r naam dhrir frm some particular jatha

and ji u talkin about panj pyarey teaches you to reach at particular stage... i never heard about it. i also received naam dhrir from akj bt they never taught me any technique except to do swas giras!! and jii the stages u talkin about pasanti para baikhree madhma... these stages r nt to be teach by someone ... when one reaches at that stage ... one feels it!! you are right gurbani talks about it. its all about practical ji.. u dont need any technique in these stages as bhai sahib written in his buk that in first stages one starts hearing anhad shabad or u can say ajapa jaap and amrit start drenching frm dasam duar.. but that can only possible by guru jis kirpa and with our own effort.. we dont need any particular technique. again naam is beyond techniques doesnt matter how we uttering.. all we have to make sure is...

sRvxI suxIAY rsnw gweIAY ihrdY iDAweIAY soeI ]

sravanee suneeai rasanaa gaaeeai hiradhai dhhiaaeeai soee ||

Hear with your ears, and sing with your tongue, and meditate within your heart on Him.

and ji pls read

http://forums.panthic.net/index.php?showtopic=35250

bhul chuk maaf

Gsingh

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get caught up in this stuff about naam dhrir. It's just something used by one specific jatha as advertising. Baba Thakur Singh ji bhindrenwale and Sant Jagjit Singh ji Harkhowalwale have both told me there is no need for naam dhrir. It is a mechanical technique taught by the punj of this one jatha (and apparently a ''few smaller jathas'' as well). Naam is beyond these mechanical techniques. Soormay and Mahapurks from the sampradas don't accept it as required. If you believe in it, fine for you, but it is not the puratan technique seeing as how the sampradas, who actually have the purataaan links to the past, don't accept it as the ''only best way''. bhul chuk maaf, I don't mean to hurt feelings, but it is the truth.

If you havent personally experienced Naam Dhrir then how can you discredit it. Bhai Randhir SIngh Ji a true saint scholar in his book Anhat Shabad Dasam Duar talks about Naam Dhrir given by Panj Pyaarey.It cant be given by any"Sant Baba " it can only be given by Panj Pyaarey. All sampradas including Rara Sahib mention a technique of Naam Simran. WHen doing Naam Simran one reaches certain stages Basanti , Para, etc. Panj Pyaaray teach you to reach the stage in which eventually the breath gets reversed and rises upward and you do automatic Ajap Jap Naam simran. These things are mentoined in Gurbani. How can you deny Gurbani?

You barbaric brute, with your primitive intellect - reverse your breath and turn it inward.

Let your mind be intoxicated with the stream of Ambrosial Nectar which trickles down from the furnace of the Tenth Gate. ||1||

well i think sun singh paaji jus tryin to say that some pepl and jathes nt accept naam dhrir as required!! anyway sukhdeep singh pajii we cant say that we have to be naam dhrir to reach at particular stage!! this is just started by jatha.. wat about before that?? there were so many sants mahapurakhs reched at different stages. and ji hanji bhai randhir singh written in his book but ji in that times panj pyarey were in real chardikala, sorry to say but in these days panj are nt in avastha where they suppose to be as u can guess bak in days bhai randhir singh jis time in amrit sanchars so many abhilakhees gt there dasam duar open while receiving naam dhrir first time. as bhai randhir singh written in his book that

<The rasna (tongue) of Punj Pyare with Naam Kamaayee (one's who have earnings of Naam) is the rasna of Guru Sahib. Hearing the Naam Gurmantra from the holy and Amrit-drenched tongue of Punj Pyaare with Naam Kamaayee, under the leadership of Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee, causes wonderous, spiritually-attracting Paaras Kala (condition) and immediately after hearing the Naam with ears, the current of Naam Abhyaas runs in the seeker and this current then never stops flowing in the seeker.>

jio naam is beyond techniques... its like sweet laddu.. u can make pieces and eat it or u can just put in your mouth lol its not like only u can attain that spiritual bliss if u r naam dhrir frm some particular jatha

and ji u talkin about panj pyarey teaches you to reach at particular stage... i never heard about it. i also received naam dhrir from akj bt they never taught me any technique except to do swas giras!! and jii the stages u talkin about pasanti para baikhree madhma... these stages r nt to be teach by someone ... when one reaches at that stage ... one feels it!! you are right gurbani talks about it. its all about practical ji.. u dont need any technique in these stages as bhai sahib written in his buk that in first stages one starts hearing anhad shabad or u can say ajapa jaap and amrit start drenching frm dasam duar.. but that can only possible by guru jis kirpa and with our own effort.. we dont need any particular technique. again naam is beyond techniques doesnt matter how we uttering.. all we have to make sure is...

Hear with your ears, and sing with your tongue, and meditate within your heart on Him.

and ji pls read

bhul chuk maaf

Gsingh

Veer Ji I think you misunderstood my post. I did not mean to say Panj Pyaarey teach you to reach a certain stage. What I meant to say is that other groups mention that there are stages in Naam Simran. In which each stage the technique of Naam Simran changes. People who posted previous said there are no techniques to Naam Simran then they say sampradas dont accept these mechanical techniques. Sant Isher SIngh Ji ( RARA SAHIB oldest group to date) mentions it himself that the Para technique of doing Naam Simran through the Naab( navel) is the most beneficial way to do Naam Simran. I particaulary have not paid attention to these stages because I follow the technique given by Panj Pyaarey. But how can anyone deny there are not techniquesof Naam Simran. Everyday in Anand Sahib Guru Ji clearly states that inside the Shareer there is our swas which its desitnation is the Dasam Duar. Isnt there a method to rise that swas to the Dasam Duar. This swas can only ascend through Guru Jis direction and constant guidance. These people are denying Gurbani because they have failed to understand its secrets. Before they deny truths of Gurbani they should investigate internally themselves first instead of taking somebodys word that Naam Drir does not exist.

gur kY sMig rhY idnu rwqI rwmu rsin rMig rwqw ]

gur kai sa(n)g rehai dhin raathee raam rasan ra(n)g raathaa ||

He remains with the Guru, day and night, and his tongue savors the savory taste of the Lord's Love.

Avru n jwxis sbdu pCwxis AMqir jwix pCwqw ]1]

avar n jaanas sabadh pashhaanas a(n)thar jaan pashhaathaa ||1||

He does not know any other; he realizes the Word of the Shabad. He knows and realizes the Lord deep within his own being. ||1||

VaaheGuRu!

siqgur dwqY nwmu idVwieAw muiK msqik Bwg sBwgy ]1]

sathigur dhaathai naam dhirraaeiaa mukh masathak bhaag sabhaagae ||1||

The True Guru, the Giver, has implanted the Naam, the Name of the Lord, within me. A very blessed and fortunate destiny is recorded upon my forehead. ||1||

rwm gurmiq hir ilv lwgy ]1] rhwau ]

raam guramath har liv laagae ||1|| rehaao ||

Through the Guru's Teachings, I am lovingly centered on the Lord. ||1||Pause||

That's what I have been saying for ages!!!

and ji pls read

bhul chuk maaf

Gsingh

Veer Ji I think you misunderstood my post. I did not mean to say Panj Pyaarey teach you to reach a certain stage. What I meant to say is that other groups mention that there are stages in Naam Simran. In which each stage the technique of Naam Simran changes. People who posted previous said there are no techniques to Naam Simran then they say sampradas dont accept these mechanical techniques. Sant Isher SIngh Ji ( RARA SAHIB oldest group to date) mentions it himself that the Para technique of doing Naam Simran through the Naab( navel) is the most beneficial way to do Naam Simran. I particaulary have not paid attention to these stages because I follow the technique given by Panj Pyaarey. But how can anyone deny there are not techniquesof Naam Simran. Everyday in Anand Sahib Guru Ji clearly states that inside the Shareer there is our swas which its desitnation is the Dasam Duar. Isnt there a method to rise that swas to the Dasam Duar. This swas can only ascend through Guru Jis direction and constant guidance. These people are denying Gurbani because they have failed to understand its secrets. Before they deny truths of Gurbani they should investigate internally themselves first instead of taking somebodys word that Naam Drir does not exist.

gur kY sMig rhY idnu rwqI rwmu rsin rMig rwqw ]

gur kai sa(n)g rehai dhin raathee raam rasan ra(n)g raathaa ||

He remains with the Guru, day and night, and his tongue savors the savory taste of the Lord's Love.

Avru n jwxis sbdu pCwxis AMqir jwix pCwqw ]1]

avar n jaanas sabadh pashhaanas a(n)thar jaan pashhaathaa ||1||

He does not know any other; he realizes the Word of the Shabad. He knows and realizes the Lord deep within his own being. ||1||

VaaheGuRu!

siqgur dwqY nwmu idVwieAw muiK msqik Bwg sBwgy ]1]

sathigur dhaathai naam dhirraaeiaa mukh masathak bhaag sabhaagae ||1||

The True Guru, the Giver, has implanted the Naam, the Name of the Lord, within me. A very blessed and fortunate destiny is recorded upon my forehead. ||1||

rwm gurmiq hir ilv lwgy ]1] rhwau ]

raam guramath har liv laagae ||1|| rehaao ||

Through the Guru's Teachings, I am lovingly centered on the Lord. ||1||Pause||

waheguru

virji i am agree with you ji but the stage u talkin about is way too far. the techniques u talkin abt is helpful on certain stages. no one can jus start doin simran straight way in particular technique. it has nothing to do with when one is not even reaches at first stage as bhai sahib explained in his buk. so people talkin about there own experieces lol they nt gona understand wat these techniques are until they reach at certain stage.. and jio the stage u talkin about is stage when individuals rom rom simran is started and one is drinkin amrit athai pehar. and when one reach at certain stage one feels it. par jio guru ji himslef helps at these stages... luk ji bhagats wrote wat they saw .. wat they feel physically.. no one was there to help em that time so ji we dont need any middleman... don jus confuse abt these techniques otherwise u ill loose ur loving devotion, bas sing banii in love as bhai sahib used to do and gave us gift of akj style!! don jus take gurbani to luk at specific technique to open dasam duar and stuff lol. incase if u thinkin ji its not all about dasam duar, even sidhs and sadhus open there dasam duars bt guru ji gave us beautiful sikhi. there are some groups even say we do brahmgyani courses lol. As bhai sahib says do kirtan and recite gurbani with child like love and devotion, guru ji himself helps out :D so at first there is no technique at all .. all we need is Child like love and devotion :D

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=1331

wen doin Chandi Di Vaar, maryada is to light a jot aswel. before u start, concentrate on the jot so that u stop thinking about other things. this focuses your mind onto one thing. then when you start the paath, it becomes easier to mov your concentration from the jot to the baani.

easier to move concentration from one thing to another, than from many things to one single thing.

no worshiping the jot. also helps purify the air.

Guest _Moorakh_
GuesT,

These sounds (echos) you hear...not everyone experiences these, and it can only be a good thing i.e. progression wise. There is no need to feel frightened by your experiences etc, just carry on.

The main thing for you is even when listening to keertan you should keep the jaap of ''vaheguroo'' constant in with you breath. There is a particular way to do it which the panj piarey teach you, however, even this proper jugti is being lost (even within akj). With this method there is much more ras (spiritual taste) experienced in the dasanm dvaar. There are only a few places where this method is given . . . There are a few places in India and one in Toronto.

Concentrating on Guru Nanaks charan is to concentrate on Naam (CHARAN KAMAL KEE MAOJ MEH, RAHO ANT AR AADH). Concentrating on a make-believe image in your mind or concentrating on a picture is opposite of Gurmat, and so its Man-matt.

Concentrate on VAHGRUOO NAAM ...... FOCUS ON THE SOUND CURRENT.

Fateh Jee

Oh no! :( I was not aware of this. Is it wrong of me to picture Guru Gobind Singh Ji in my mind when doing Simran (not necessairly Gurmantar)? I repeat specific Bani's (Pauri's Saloks etc - so its quite difficult to concentrate on the Dhunni - what should I concentrate when doing Naam Baani Simran? What am I supposed to picture, - should I just listen to each Shabad am saying?

waheguru

virji i am agree with you ji but the stage u talkin about is way too far. the techniques u talkin abt is helpful on certain stages. no one can jus start doin simran straight way in particular technique. it has nothing to do with when one is not even reaches at first stage as bhai sahib explained in his buk. so people talkin about there own experieces lol they nt gona understand wat these techniques are until they reach at certain stage.. and jio the stage u talkin about is stage when individuals rom rom simran is started and one is drinkin amrit athai pehar. and when one reach at certain stage one feels it. par jio guru ji himslef helps at these stages... luk ji bhagats wrote wat they saw .. wat they feel physically.. no one was there to help em that time so ji we dont need any middleman... don jus confuse abt these techniques otherwise u ill loose ur loving devotion, bas sing banii in love as bhai sahib used to do and gave us gift of akj style!! don jus take gurbani to luk at specific technique to open dasam duar and stuff lol. incase if u thinkin ji its not all about dasam duar, even sidhs and sadhus open there dasam duars bt guru ji gave us beautiful sikhi. there are some groups even say we do brahmgyani courses lol. As bhai sahib says do kirtan and recite gurbani with child like love and devotion, guru ji himself helps out :D so at first there is no technique at all .. all we need is Child like love and devotion :D

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=1331

veer Ji I was mentioning those techniques for those people who are denying the fact that techniques do exist, and I 100% agree that love is needed for Naam Simran. Im not saying swas swas simran is the only means of simran. IAnybody who does Naam SImran is truly blessed, the more Abhyiaas a person does the more Kipra Guru Ji will give them on understanding Naam Simran.

I mainly posted to defend the Gurmat notion of Naam Drir. People have no shame these days. They are criticizing elements that are taught by Panj Pyaarey. DOnt they even understand who Panj Pyaarey are. Why are they trying to put doubts in peoples mind about Panj Pyaarey. People doing such things are greatly insuliting Guru Ji. I hope they understand what they are doing so they ask Guru Ji for forgiveness. I believe Keski is a kakkar but I would never dare say Panj Pyaarey are wrong for saying Kes. It is straight up blasphemy to talk down on Panj Pyaarey. I only hope that the SIngh who stated Naam Drir is mere tool to advertise repents for these statements.

Vir ji, I am not saying techniques are wrong. Gurbani itself contains more than one technique for doing simran, which proves that the swas swas technique is not the only one. Mahapurkhs give the seeker a jugti that is best for the seeker at whatever stage s/he is at. In Naam Dhrir, the punj give a technique, usually same one for all b/c these days those who do seva in punj don't usually have avastha to see inside jaigiasoo, to see what method is best for them. Different techniques are best for different stage. That being said, any technique will get you there in the end, some slower, some faster. I know people who have reached the stage mentioned in the shabad posted wihtout Naam Dhrir.

There is no Gurbani, nor any purataan dharmic granth, nor any rahit, nor any seena baseena rahit that states Mahapurkhs are not allowed to give jugti for simran. ALL sampradas (groups with deep historical roots) in the panth accept that Mahapurkhs can give jugti for doing simran. I am aware of none that accept naam dhrir as taught these days as being THE authentic and purataan method.

Bhul chuk maaf for any offence.

btw,

Elements of your argument do not address my post, and are in fact attacking a fake argument that you have created and are pretending is my argument.

GuesT,

These sounds (echos) you hear...not everyone experiences these, and it can only be a good thing i.e. progression wise. There is no need to feel frightened by your experiences etc, just carry on.

The main thing for you is even when listening to keertan you should keep the jaap of ''vaheguroo'' constant in with you breath. There is a particular way to do it which the panj piarey teach you, however, even this proper jugti is being lost (even within akj). With this method there is much more ras (spiritual taste) experienced in the dasanm dvaar. There are only a few places where this method is given . . . There are a few places in India and one in Toronto.

Concentrating on Guru Nanaks charan is to concentrate on Naam (CHARAN KAMAL KEE MAOJ MEH, RAHO ANT AR AADH). Concentrating on a make-believe image in your mind or concentrating on a picture is opposite of Gurmat, and so its Man-matt.

Concentrate on VAHGRUOO NAAM ...... FOCUS ON THE SOUND CURRENT.

Fateh Jee

Oh no! :( I was not aware of this. Is it wrong of me to picture Guru Gobind Singh Ji in my mind when doing Simran (not necessairly Gurmantar)? I repeat specific Bani's (Pauri's Saloks etc - so its quite difficult to concentrate on the Dhunni - what should I concentrate when doing Naam Baani Simran? What am I supposed to picture, - should I just listen to each Shabad am saying?

You can focus on pictures or pretty much whatever else youwant. They are similar to focusing on chakkars, except are external. these are just concentration techniques. Eventually, you will have to let go of them to progress. I think it's better to let go of them sooner rather than later. Better to start off listening to the sound and using that as a focal point.

post-864-1248379045_thumb.jpg

Vir ji, I am not saying techniques are wrong. Gurbani itself contains more than one technique for doing simran, which proves that the swas swas technique is not the only one. Mahapurkhs give the seeker a jugti that is best for the seeker at whatever stage s/he is at. In Naam Dhrir, the punj give a technique, usually same one for all b/c these days those who do seva in punj don't usually have avastha to see inside jaigiasoo, to see what method is best for them. Different techniques are best for different stage. That being said, any technique will get you there in the end, some slower, some faster. I know people who have reached the stage mentioned in the shabad posted wihtout Naam Dhrir.

There is no Gurbani, nor any purataan dharmic granth, nor any rahit, nor any seena baseena rahit that states Mahapurkhs are not allowed to give jugti for simran. ALL sampradas (groups with deep historical roots) in the panth accept that Mahapurkhs can give jugti for doing simran. I am aware of none that accept naam dhrir as taught these days as being THE authentic and purataan method.

Bhul chuk maaf for any offence.

btw,

Elements of your argument do not address my post, and are in fact attacking a fake argument that you have created and are pretending is my argument.

If you continue to assert that " Mahapurukhs" have more special privelledge of giving Naam over Panj Pyaarey then thats your choice. If that is the case why isnt a special Mahapurkh invited in every Amrit Sanchar to give Gurmantar.Why Need Panj Payaarey to give Gurmantar if MahaPurush can do it. Can Babey give Amrit too?

ALso, could you please provide Gurbani Tuk which states didfferent methods of Naam Simran,especially those taught by Mahapurukhs. Or could you provide any rehatname that states Naam can be given by " Mahapurkhs". I guess in the video below that Baba is giving Naam.

http://www.panthic.org/news/0/ARTICLE/5107

Is this the type of methods you are talking about?