Guru Nanak called a Devil on the BBC

there was a radio show on bbc today about inter-faith marriages, wheter they can survive, what effect it has on children etc.

this 22yr old girl came in to studio whos father is sikh n mother is muslim, parents have split up. she has decided to become muslim.

when asked why she chose one over other she says 'guru nanak singh is the shetan' as he formed another religion to solve disputes over hindus n muslims.

the radio presenter corrects her 1st of all n tell her that its Guru Nanak Dev Ji not Singh.

and from there a discussion occures.

Click here to listen to full show

and forward to around 1hour 39mins.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

what more can be said. i think the bbc person did a nice job and told her she shouldnt say that. and its extremely offensive. its a persons opinion. and this person is blind. thats how muslims believe. cant do nothing about that. and on top of that, a sikh came on and ripped her.

i havent listened to the whole thing yet so if i said anything wrong, i apologize. and if there is something that can be done about this, let us know.

bhul chuk maaf

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Guest rsingh

fast worward to around 1hour 40 odd minutes at 1:42 she says it.

she says she has read abut sikhi but she knows BS about sikhi. shes read about islam but knows nothing about sikhi and i though at first the presenter handeled it well although listen to the caller after what she says.

she keeps sayn she studied sikhi but its clear she has not research sikhi, she wants to become muslim cause of her boyfriend.

on the mixed marriage thing at the momment alot of sikh girls are marrying out side sikhi inside the gurudwara with gora, etc. the thing is it is clear Sikhi does not alow mixed marriages to take place in front of dhan SGGS ji. it is clear in the Reath Maryada and the issue was taken up recently on panjab radio. it is a shame our gurudwara are not inforcing this. :umm: @

Guest mehtab

cant figure out how to play the dam thing...any help ?

i clicked on the link SP gave but i dunno how and where to forward it to 1 hr 42 mins

Sat Sri Akal:

Shere Sahib Ji, you would not be able to take any legal action against a person for sharing their opinion. It is just an opinion of one person (although it hurts every Sikh to hear such words). What you can try to do is call up that same show and refute every one of that lady's points and offer your opinion.