Guru Nanak called a Devil on the BBC

what a joke. i think sikhs make themselves look really bad when they make a big deal about something like this because its just bakwaas. the person that made the comment clearly showed she didnt know what she was talking about cause she didnt even know guru nanak's name in the first place. i dont think thats anything to debate about its just a chuckle... also, just because what she had to say was offensive doesnt mean they should regret letting her speak. they should simply say how she's wrong and move to the next person. did anyone else just laugh when they heard guru nanak being compared to satan? i think some sikhs get offended too easily

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wat setup? why are we making up scenarios and not accepting that its just some messed up girl. nothing more

Stop wasting time, BBC already apoligied and they aint gonna release her address etc, so we need to put our energy to other use.

I so agree with jessica, sometime i get the feeling that when we just start doing these email campgain withought thinking of the outcome, whether someting can be achieved or not form them, just makes us look like fool and people with too much time on their hand.

did anyone else just laugh when they heard guru nanak being compared to satan? i think some sikhs get offended too easily
yea because that was really funny wasnt it :wub:
just because what she had to say was offensive doesnt mean they should regret letting her speak.

she should regret what she said, so u think its ok to refer to our guru ji as a devil do u!

did anyone else just laugh when they heard guru nanak being compared to satan? i think some sikhs get offended too easily

yea because that was really funny wasnt it :wub:

just because what she had to say was offensive doesnt mean they should regret letting her speak.
she should regret what she said, so u think its ok to refer to our guru ji as a devil do u!

ya it was "<admin-profanity filter activated>" type of funny. just a one second chuckle. no i didnt say it was ok for her to say that just that its quite pointless to debate about it. u dont really need to worry about her regretting what she said because she can learn herself if she's willing to. it was enough to just say how she was wrong

that one time and then move on. worry about urself first

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

why should nothing be done? thats pretty sad when someone calls guru sahib the devil and then our own sikhs go and say no big deal. just laugh it off. sometimes you just gotta put your foot down and let people know that we wont take this kinda garbage. if you dont do anything, they gonna think, oh sikhs dont care lets rip them more.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Sat Sri Akal:

If the BBC staff defended the Sikh position and allowed other callers to defend the Sikh position, if BBC apologized for these comments being made on the air and to not allow that caller to be back on the show again, then I think the objective has been completed. What will added pressure to BBC do? They did seemingly everything possible to respond to that woman as quickly as possible and defended the Sikhs.

More pressure might make the BBC staff there get a bad impression of the Sikhs and perhaps next time, the BBC staff would not defend the Sikhs. And exactly what would this added pressure get us? What more can BBC do? If they can do something more, then fine, keep the pressure on. But if they cannot and have done everything they can, then this will only cause aggravation to both sides concerned.

The Sikhs got what they wanted and should consider this matter wrapped up.

If I am missing something, please add it in. If my comments are not to your liking, I apologize for offending you.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I think that some people here are taking this matter a bit too lightly. I agree with the posters who say that we should keep the pressure up on the BBC. These types of programmes aren't one offs. The BBC as well as Channel 4 in the UK are known well known for going out of their way to promote Islam. There have been countless Islamic propaganda programmes on these channels. The BBC multicultural department is dominated by Muslims. If one were to watch the output of this department you would think that there are only two religions in the UK, Christianity and Islam.

Some Sikhs think that just because the BBC has apologised and stated that they would not allow the person on air again should be the end of the matter. This displays an ignorance of just what is at stake here. The whole episode seems to a set up, not by the BBC but by Muslim organisations. Provocation is a well known trait of Muslims. They want to see how far they can provoke Sikhs before Sikhs react. The recent news item about the Muslim getting slapped up in a Baisakhi mela shows this trend. If Sikhs don't react and follow the advice of people who think that we should 'laugh it off' then we will get more and more Muslim plants making these types of comments.

If all Sikhs had chosen to take no action then there is no doubt that the BBC wouldn't have bothered to apologise. The actions of individual Sikhs as well as Sikh organisations has ensured that we got an apology, that BBC will think twice before allowing these types of comments to be made again and the general media has learnt that Sikhs are not prepared

to take Islamic attacks on their religion.

GurFateh

Bikramjit