Gell Or No Gell?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FLOWING DHARIS LOOK SO SMART AND COOL DNT TIE EM UP TRUST ME.....wanted 2 share this with sangat

The only reason of tying the beard, agree or disagree, is FASHION. Some people argue that we tie our head hair (kesh), why can't we tie our beards? To equate heard hair with beard, in this case, is absolutely ridiculous. But they forget that we tie turban on hour HEARD, not on our beard. If they want to tie beards, in my opinion, they should start bearing turbans on their beards also. Flowing beard is the sign of saintliness.I have never seen a sant with tied beard ( i am not saying all the people with flowing beards are sants).

I have seen some non-sikhs with long flowing beards. I saw a a postman, with long flowing beard (a white man), and an old construction worker with beautiful white long beard. These peole do not tie their beards even at work. The reason is, as I think, they LOVE their beards and grow them under no pressure. As Sikhs (not all Sikhs), we feel beards don't look good and attractive, but we cannot cut them either because of religion (in other words, religious pressure), so why not to tie them? This is where the thought of tying the beard originates from. We are becoming more and more narrow minded. In this case, tying the beard, in my opinion, is absolutely equal to trimming it.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

sadh sangat jee around a month ago sikhnet had a very very big disscussion on tiee the beard or prakash it ,it went to much personal modeator kept on saying that the thread is going personal but it didnt stopped ,if some one has read or seen if he can post it itll be very good for us so that again what happend there it should not happen here.i had gone to sikhnet to find but i failed B) if anyone can pls do thank u

flowing beards look the best to me. :D )

but my case is different because i'm a girl and i dont wear a turban like boys do. why is it so rare for girls to wear keshkis but much more common for boys to wear turbans and patkas? not that i would only do what's common but it is still annoying how there's so much difference in standards for males and females.