Sikh Channel - Biggest Fraud Going!

Zindagi

Okay, I think some people taking it a bit far but I can't but agree with the need for transparency, I will be filling out a direct debit, no problem with that but I don't like this not offering to let everyone know what is really going on, that for me is not the sikhi way, we don't want accusations against the channel, so to avoid all that just be clear and honest with sangat, what is the harm in that, even if you have to pay people who work there, nothing wrong in that, people do deserve to make a living.... I hope it stays in chardi kalan but again if there is transparency there is no argument !!!!

Im not hiding im at home on holiday, pm me if you want my address....

i got my DD set up & pestered others, currently there are 1141 DD's set up Sikh Channel need 10,000

Im not a chump just because im highlighting the FACTS you think im attacking, its our duty to protect ourselves. i know of too many incidents where the love and appreciation of the Sangat has been abused (not saying thats what Sikh Channel are doing)

have been supporting Singhs/Singnia in jail and Shaheed families for years and i am well aware of the resistance in Gurdwareh and events when you try to raise money for Shaheed families and Singhs/Singnia in Jail

have called up Sikh Channel personally to give them ideas and offer support, read the whole post! before i raised issues i asked for evidence and gave suggestions, im questioning for the benefit of future generations and real Sikhi Parchaar, am very interested in the continuation of Sikh Channel, think it is EXCELLENT.

Here are the suggestions i gave:

1 instead of focusing on Sangats donations focus on procuring 5% of donations made at all UK Gurdwareh

2 make appeal to Sangat to get them to take action at their local Gurdwara in convincing the committee to donate 5% of charavah (donations made to Gurdwareh)

3 instead of displaying Sangats names they should display the names of Gurdwareh that refuse to cooperate

if anyone doubts this strategy well let me remind you the big Gurdwareh like B'ham and S'hall make like 60-80 thousand a month in donations just from the golakh. there are 200+ Gurwareh in UK alone. every year Sangat in the UK donates a collective 20million+ in golakhs.

have expressly stated many times:

Sikh channel needs to concentrate on unifying the message, history and philosophy of Sikhi in a way that is acceptable to all Sikhs, we don't really have a lot of unity at the moment maybe Sikh channel can change this.

Instead of asking for a few donations and living month to month and always worrying about funds if the Sikh Channel worked to create UNITY and established a network of support from Gurdwareh they would run forever.

Sikh Channel is an excellent platform we can:

RAISE AWARENESS

UNITE THE PANTH

ORGANISE SIKHI PARCHAAR

DEAL WITH ISSUES

My point is that there are not very many transparent Sikh organisations so maybe Sikh Channel, the most visible and influential organisation, can lead by example and become a beacon for truth and Sikhi Parchaar in this darkness. we should all support Sikh Channel and we should also all ensure that they maintain the high standards expected of them.

It is a very unfortunate trend that i have been noticing instead of being lions, leaders and sovereign guardians of the Khalsa Panth, we are becoming sheep, followers and entrusting all of our duties to organisations that abuse and mislead us, no one wants to take a stand but expects others to deal with issues that we should all be dealing with everyday. Sikhi has always stated that we should neither oppress or become oppressed, we should look after the week, all around us in the world people are suffering and being abused, where is the Khalsa? women get raped, children abused, people wronged, where is the Khalsa?? if our own house is not in order how can we exert influence in the world??? these are major issues that need to be addressed, but we shy away or say what are YOU doing!! we all meant to be KHALSA Guardians, Protectors, The Shield of the Oppressed in the 80s Singhs were asked when you get freedom here (Punjab) then what? and they replied ''our struggle will never finish, once we are done here we will go to Bosnia, Africa, anywhere there is oppression, it is the duty of the Khalsa'' How can we express the ideals and mission of the Khalsa Panth if we dont have any organisation or unity. Dont just sit in your house and think oh well at least we have Sikh Channel, WE ARE SIKH CHANNEL!! before the TV, internet, Sikhi was the voice the image the Way of the Khalsa now its such and such personality, such and such organisation, we have detached ourselves from The True Khalsa Way, the Distinct Path and have become nodes in the vast matrix that is ''the system'', we are becoming a generation of Sunday Sikhs and part time warriors....

We must support Sikh Channel, and Panthic organisations, but we need to think of the future, for too long we have gone without central leadership and a collective unity, WE have to change that and ensure Sikhi is preserved in its purest form for future generations. WE have to ensure that WE have the strength and determination to produce UNITY in the Panth and protect ourselves from attack. but we cant do that if X organisation say one thing and Y organisation say another and Z organisation takes advantage of the confusion then GOI comes in and creates N organisation then X fights N only to be made into a terrorist and BAM we're worse off than before!!

there are so many basic issues that have not even been sorted out yet:

Keski or Kesh as a kakkar

Raagmala

Meat

Sikh History

Political representation

distortion of the Sikh image (trim Singhs, moneh, Bibiah eybrows, bollywood)

Unity of the Gurdwareh

Unity of Panthic organisations

Unity of Jathe

So called Sects of Sikhi (even though Sikhi HAS NO SECTS)

False sants

Punjab (Khalistan)

BULH CHUK MAAF Sangat JI

Your so consered about were the monays going but uve set up a DD.

Are u OK??

and i dnt realy want to knw what you do for the SIkh Panth, you should keep that to your self and not blab it out:)

and ur idea of displaying names og Gurdwarae who are not helping..Yeah that would relay HELP! doing shame of our own Gurus House!

Have some respect!

Fateh

Oh and i dont need your address etc..

What im Saying, if your SOOOOO want to see their accounts why not go and SEE them, Face to Face, they not going to harm you!....

No point in SikhSangating.com cuz i dnt think that sc would look at this.

displaying names of Gurdwareh will not bring disrespect as the house of Maharaj can never be in disrepute its the actions of so called ''management/executive committees'' that cause controversy. the idea behind displaying the names of Gurdwareh/Committees that dont support Sikh Channel is to highlight the fact that having been asked for support they refused (the threat of such action alone should be enough). i havent got any issue with going down to B'ham. its not about me it about the SANGAT who have a right to know about the agenda, ownership and appropriation of funds.

and the name is citizen_soulja its on the left of all my posts. its not hard to spell. read my previous post thoroughly i have tried my best to explain why i think there is a need for transparency in this issue. i cant understand how if you have read my whole post you can disagree with what i am saying, i have tried to be as elaborate as i can, and have tried to highlight the reasons behind my opinions. im not saying anything bad. so why say to Hoshiarpuria (whom i dont personally know) ''you taking his side'' what side???? there is no side!!! there is a clear cut issue here!! if you dont understand that then you really do need my address!! come round, have some Roti and i can explain the issues to you in person, because Sikh Channel i am sure are aware of thier huge responsibility to Sikhi at the implications that inherently brings.

The Sikh Channel can and should open their books to the public as they are asking the public to fund it .cool.gif

This is a good idea, and will encourage people to donate more. However, they've only been around for a short time so probably haven't got any accounts prepared.

Citizen_soulja: when it says 'exempt' next to the name on Companies House, that just means the company's turnover falls below a certain threshold which exempts them from filing full accounts. They still file abbreviated accounts. It has nothing to do with tax at all.

www.SikhSangat.com is a discussion forum i am discussing the issue that is the transparency and responsibility of the Sikh Channel:

My point is that there are not very many transparent Sikh organisations so maybe Sikh Channel, the most visible and influential organisation, can lead by example and become a beacon for truth and Sikhi Parchaar in this darkness. we should all support Sikh Channel and we should also all ensure that they maintain the high standards expected of them.

Even though Sikh Channel files Abbreviated Accounts they may still have a tax liability as the form (form 363) asks the filler to specify current and fixed assets and turnover...

Even though Sikh Channel files Abbreviated Accounts they may still have a tax liability as the form (form 363) asks the filler to specify current and fixed assets and turnover...

They've only been running for a short while - are you sure "Sikh Channel Ltd" as on Companies House website is the same as the TV channel in question?