Sikh And Hindu Arranged Marriages

london001

I agre with kphull where he says:

to achieve enlighten you need to have prem (love). The only you may love, is to break out of any duality, breaking out of recognised differences between a Human being, may it be colour, religion or caste. You can not achieve this through religion, because you still see differences in a Human beings.

............Guru Granth Sahaib Maharaj is great spiritual teacher, but cannot be used as a Guru in any religious form, because Sikh was never a religion but a root to spiritual enlightenment.

This is directed to manni oo7 and kphull.......,

By trying to distinguish religion and spirituality you are missing the point. Sikhism is beyond religion, and, spirituality too. Religion consists of do's and dont's, and a certain set of rituals and putting yourself in a box . Spirituality consists of an emphasis on the metaphysical, of a focus on the unseen, more often than not, self efforted, and, not centred and arising out of the grace and guidance of God.

At the crux of Sikhism however, is a love relationship/eternal bond between disciple and Guru. In this relationship, Shree Guru Granth Sahib is our, grace giving Guru and our being is the surrendered disciple. Guru Granth Sahib IS Guru/Enlightener whether or not you like it, in EVERY aspect of our life, without any area of our life falling out of the purview, radar and command of Shree Guru Granth Sahib. Gurujee does point out don'ts that throw us off course from orbiting our life around the Will of God, and, do's that help us get back into sync and harmony with God's Will and Supreme Pleasure. Further, Gurujee does not just unlock the secrets of the metaphysical, but also, of this material matrix. Gurujee draws all of creation towards Themselves, and yet helps us to love and serve all of creation.

Make no mistake, during the times of our 10 Gurus, people stuck hopelessly in the rut of haughty and fanatical religionism and self efforted spiritualism, from all religous and cultural backgrounds, were drawn to Gurus like moths to light. As they ventured closer and closer towards the galaxy of Gurujee's blossoming Universe of love and grace, all their previous karmas,all their feathered packaging of previous religous and spiritual attachments, got burnt up by the blazing power of the Sun of Gurujee's radiance. They got catapulted into the orbit of Gurujee's magnetic Sun of Love and Reality . They became planets in eternal orbit around the object of their adoration and worship, living solely for that purpose....... to ever grasp and kiss the Lotus Feet of Shabad Guru, manifesting through the bodies of our 10 Gurus , then illuminating the universe eternally through Shree Guru Granth Sahib . And this process has and shall continue.

Such are we, as Sikhs of our Guru, shining stars spread across the canopy of God's created universe ,twinkling uncontrollably each time our Master glimpses at us, and, beaming light, hope and love where a cry of desperation arises from the abyss of darkness, of those lost wandering souls wandering off orbit, aimlessly, looking for a way out of their misery, and guiding them towards Gurujee, the SupremeEternal Enlightener and Attracter of the Universe .

........ And stars do not lock themselves in an embrace with planets, ... but stars move and vibrate in a cosmic dance of attraction, to other stars, to collide and create an even bigger shining mega star!...as in a marriage between 2 Sikhs. As SGGS says ''ek jot ,doe murti, dhan pir kehieh soe''

Based on my opinion, Guru Granth Sahaib Maharaj is great spiritual teacher, but cannot be used as a Guru in any religious form, because Sikh was never a religion but a root to spiritual enlightenment.

That is directly against Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj's command that Sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is our Eternal Guru. Besides, when Gurujee speaks to remove duality, that is referring to "sabh gobind hai". What you are stating is again contradictory with the Khalsa's unique and distinct identity. Please feel free to follow a mixture both Hinduism and Sikhism, but just because a certain number of individuals do that, doesn't mean its the right thing to do.

Guest amar_jkp

More girls marry Hindus than any other faith as our parents and indeed our Sikh Nation seem not to have a problem with our Sisters marrying Hindus,also they see marrying Hindus as ''closer'' to home with their ''Indian So called identitiy'

All this stupiedity started when Hindus started making their first son Sikh . These types of Sikhs then married their daughters to hindus and slowly this become acceptable. Nowdays problem is worst i have seen Sikh girls openly saying we dont like facial hairs so they prefera Hindu mate . We have to stop celebrating Hindu festivals like Lohri , Holy and Rakhri . Tell our kids what Hindus have done to us and they are doing, tell them about 1984 and Punjabi Suba problems . Its duty to inform our kids about our struggles and who were responsible for that .

And to all who r sending me PMs I am not a Hindu hater but i am nota Gandhiwadi too . I am Sikh ,if i get attacked i will hit back hard .

Sikho kuch ta sikho kado tak Hindua da zulam chahloge.

More girls marry Hindus than any other faith as our parents and indeed our Sikh Nation seem not to have a problem with our Sisters marrying Hindus,also they see marrying Hindus as ''closer'' to home with their ''Indian So called identitiy'

All this stupiedity started when Hindus started making their first son Sikh . These types of Sikhs then married their daughters to hindus and slowly this become acceptable. Nowdays problem is worst i have seen Sikh girls openly saying we dont like facial hairs so they prefera Hindu mate . We have to stop celebrating Hindu festivals like Lohri , Holy and Rakhri . Tell our kids what Hindus have done to us and they are doing, tell them about 1984 and Punjabi Suba problems . Its duty to inform our kids about our struggles and who were responsible for that .

And to all who r sending me PMs I am not a Hindu hater but i am nota Gandhiwadi too . I am Sikh ,if i get attacked i will hit back hard .

A question? What did the Hindus do to the Sikhs in 1984? I've read many books and read reports. I think the finger pointing goes to the Indian Government at that time. I think the problem lies in with in the Sikh community. Like I have mentioned in my previous post, young Sikh in the west do not have a clue of what the Sikh Dharma is about (the replies form Mehtab Singh and humkire). You guys speak about spirituality, but you guys haven’t even tasted the flavour, how do you know the taste.

Tell our kids what Hindus have done to us and they are doing, tell them about 1984 and Punjabi Suba problems
Yes and make them hate every single hindu in the end. Oh they will surely be the best of Sikhs then :rolleyes:
What did the Hindus do to the Sikhs in 1984? I've read many books and read reports. I think the finger pointing goes to the Indian Government at that time.
Agreed.

You guys speak about spirituality, but you guys haven't even tasted the flavour, how do you know the taste.

Spirituality comes only if you follow your religion in a proper correct way and it takes ages to do that. Don't take this thread wrong but it is the truth that one cannot be a Sikh, if he/she follows the duality when it comes to religion part of their life. My cousin married to deeply religious hindu guy but that does not mean i am hating her new family. We still meet each other during family gatherings and so on but when it comes to religion part, i am totally against it and they are aware of me having this issue. However we still do respect each other because sikhi teach us to respect other human being regardless of caste/age/creed/religion/nationality etc. All religion leads to the light in a zig zag way BUT Sikhi is the only dharam which leads us straight to attain the spirituality with the simple guidelines stamped by our guru sahibs.

Inter-religious marriage is a BIG no ONLY if the couple wants religion to play the main role in their life. Rest, Mehtab singh knows much better than most of us as he got experience in this issue and his reply explains everything in very simple way.

Guest amar_jkp

A question? What did the Hindus do to the Sikhs in 1984? I've read many books and read reports. I think the finger pointing goes to the Indian Government at that time. I think the problem lies in with in the Sikh community. Like I have mentioned in my previous post, young Sikh in the west do not have a clue of what the Sikh Dharma is about (the replies form Mehtab Singh and humkire). You guys speak about spirituality, but you guys haven’t even tasted the flavour, how do you know the taste.

There is no problem within Sikh Community and Mr Hindu i have seen u people talk too much about Dharma . Anyone who have chat with Hindus must have notice the use of word DHARMA by them . People here says all this hateread started during early 80s some say after 1947 but truth is this hatread was there in Guru Sahibs time . How can we forgot how hindu and Muslims were give information to Mugal army of Sikh hideouts.

Regarding the political issue on sikh vs. hindus, i would add few things.

Most of us never lived with hindu neighbors or in hindu environment as most of the nri's came from rural background. When we see, read, hear un-biased version of 1984, gujrat riots, christian killings, punjabi suba, anand karaj act, 250K killings of sikh youth in less than 10 years etc, we get boiled out..thinking..why we never got the justice and it is true that we as the minority don't get justice at all. Point is that it is true that they are bad hindus but stereotyping the whole community by the actions of few is not a good thing. Just like there are many bad apples in sikh community, it is exactly like that in hindu community. Don't talk, hear, hate others just because they belong to the hindu religion.