Sant In Sikhism

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As i told you before also Mr. K Deep SIngh ji. We donot have those eyes to tell WHo is true sant or fake in today;s Kalyug world.

There fore its better to give respect to all sikh community(Bad or Good People in Sikh Dharam)(Hoye Nimana Jag raho, Nanak Nadri Paar) instead arguing over that i or u have done anarth. That only Satguru can tell whther i have done anrth or not. NOT YOU.

GURU FATEH

Guru Sahib does say "Har, Harjan, Dooe Ek Hai". In reality, a true Sant has reached the avastha of becoming One with Akaal Purakh, but they still have a sareer - Jeevan Mukt.

Sant is not the name of the physical sareer, but of the sooksham sareer.

Guru Granth Saheb also tells us:-

"Tera jan ek aadh koee"

and every one can not be called JAN if GURUBANI says EK AADH KOEE

Guru Sahib does say "Har, Harjan, Dooe Ek Hai". In reality, a true Sant has reached the avastha of becoming One with Akaal Purakh, but they still have a sareer - Jeevan Mukt.

Veer/phen ji,

what would the arth your school or thought do for these Gurbani pangtis?

ਸੰਤਕੀਸੇਵਾਨਾਮੁਧਿਆਈਐ ॥

and

ਹਰਿਕੀਟਹਲਕਮਾਵਣੀਜਪੀਐਪ੍ਰਭਕਾਨਾਮੁ ॥

how about the importance of Guru here?

ਕਬੀਰਸੇਵਾਕਉਦੁਇਭਲੇਏਕੁਸੰਤੁਇਕੁਰਾਮੁ ॥

ਰਾਮੁਜੁਦਾਤਾਮੁਕਤਿਕੋਸੰਤੁਜਪਾਵੈਨਾਮੁ ॥੧੬੪॥

since, you insist "SANT" word is only and only for mahapursh.

Please go through this Shabad

ਗੂਜਰੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੩ ॥

Goojaree mehalaa 3 ||

ਹਰਿ ਕੀ ਤੁਮ ਸੇਵਾ ਕਰਹੁ ਦੂਜੀ ਸੇਵਾ ਕਰਹੁ ਨ ਕੋਇ ਜੀ ॥

Har kee tum saevaa karahu doojee saevaa karahu na koe jee ||

Serve the Lord; do not serve anyone else.

ਹਰਿ ਕੀ ਸੇਵਾ ਤੇ ਮਨਹੁ ਚਿੰਦਿਆ ਫਲੁ ਪਾਈਐ ਦੂਜੀ ਸੇਵਾ ਜਨਮੁ ਬਿਰਥਾ ਜਾਇ ਜੀ ॥੧॥

Har kee saevaa te manahu chindhiaa fal paaeeai doojee saevaa janam birathhaa jaae jee ||1||

Serving the Lord, you shall obtain the fruits of your heart's desires; serving another, your life shall pass away in vain. ||1||

ਹਰਿ ਮੇਰੀ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਰੀਤਿ ਹੈ ਹਰਿ ਮੇਰੀ ਹਰਿ ਮੇਰੀ ਕਥਾ ਕਹਾਨੀ ਜੀ ॥

Har maeree preet reet hai har maeree har maeree kathhaa kehaanee jee ||

The Lord is my Love, the Lord is my way of life, the Lord is my speech and conversation.

ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ਮੇਰਾ ਮਨੁ ਭੀਜੈ ਏਹਾ ਸੇਵ ਬਨੀ ਜੀਉ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

Gur prasaade maeraa manu bheejai eaehaa saev banee jeeo ||1|| rehaao ||

By Guru's Grace, my mind is saturated with the Lord's Love; this is what makes up my service. ||1||Pause||

ਹਰਿ ਮੇਰਾ ਸਿਮ੍ਰਿਤਿ ਹਰਿ ਮੇਰਾ ਸਾਸਤ੍ਰ ਹਰਿ ਮੇਰਾ ਬੰਧਪੁ ਹਰਿ ਮੇਰਾ ਭਾਈ ॥

Har maeraa simrite har maeraa saasatar har maeraa bandhhap har maeraa bhaaee ||

The Lord is my Simritees, the Lord is my Shaastras; the Lord is my relative and the Lord is my brother.

ਹਰਿ ਕੀ ਮੈ ਭੂਖ ਲਾਗੈ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮਿ ਮੇਰਾ ਮਨੁ ਤ੍ਰਿਪਤੈ ਹਰਿ ਮੇਰਾ ਸਾਕੁ ਅੰਤਿ ਹੋਇ ਸਖਾਈ ॥੨॥

Har kee mai bhookh laagai har naam maeraa man tripatai har maeraa saak ante hoe sakhaaee ||2||

I am hungry for the Lord; my mind is satisfied with the Name of the Lord. The Lord is my relation, my helper in the end. ||2||

ਹਰਿ ਬਿਨੁ ਹੋਰ ਰਾਸਿ ਕੂੜੀ ਹੈ ਚਲਦਿਆ ਨਾਲਿ ਨ ਜਾਈ ॥

Har bin hor raas koorree hai chaladiaa naal na jaaee ||

Without the Lord, other assets are false. They do not go with the mortal when he departs.

ਹਰਿ ਮੇਰਾ ਧਨੁ ਮੇਰੈ ਸਾਥਿ ਚਾਲੈ ਜਹਾ ਹਉ ਜਾਉ ਤਹ ਜਾਈ ॥੩॥

Har maeraa dhhan maerai saathh chaalai jehaa ho jaao teh jaaee ||3||

The Lord is my wealth, which shall go with me; wherever I go, it will go. ||3||

ਸੋ ਝੂਠਾ ਜੋ ਝੂਠੇ ਲਾਗੈ ਝੂਠੇ ਕਰਮ ਕਮਾਈ ॥

So jhoothaa jo jhoothae laagai jhoothae karam kamaaee ||

One who is attached to falsehood is false; false are the deeds he does.

ਕਹੈ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਹਰਿ ਕਾ ਭਾਣਾ ਹੋਆ ਕਹਣਾ ਕਛੂ ਨ ਜਾਈ ॥੪॥੨॥੪॥

Kehai naanak har kaa bhaanaa hoaa kehanaa kachhoo na jaaee ||4||2||4||

Says Nanak, everything happens according to the Will of the Lord; no one has any say in this at all.

||4||2||4||

Here Gurbani says "Har kee tum saevaa karahu doojee saevaa karahu na koe jee"

and

Gurbani also tells us "GUR PARMESHAR EKO JAAN" means we should do seva ofeither Guru Saheb

or HAR(Akaal Purakh or Parmeshar or God whatever we may call) and therefore when Guru Saheb tell

us"ਸੰਤਕੀਸੇਵਾਨਾਮੁਧਿਆਈਐ " or "ਕਬੀਰਸੇਵਾਕਉਦੁਇਭਲੇਏਕੁਸੰਤੁਇਕੁਰਾਮੁ ॥ ਰਾਮੁਜੁਦਾਤਾਮੁਕਤਿਕੋਸੰਤੁਜਪਾਵੈਨਾਮੁ ॥" we must under stand

that Guru Saheb is asking for seva of SANT (sATGURU ) and not any other human being.Where ever

Guru ji wanted to say about Gursikhs or Great Sikhs , it is mentioned as "sevak" or "Dass" as:-

"ਪਾਣੀ ਪਖਾ ਪੀਸੁ ਦਾਸ ਕੈ ਤਬ ਹੋਹਿ ਨਿਹਾਲੁ ॥"

Panee pakha pees dass kai tab hohe nihalu ||

Carry water for the Lord's slave, wave the fan over him, and grind his corn; then, you shall be happy.

and

"ਟਹਲ ਕਰਉ ਤੇਰੇ ਦਾਸ ਕੀ ਪਗ ਝਾਰਉ ਬਾਲ ॥ "

Tehal karo taerae daas kee pag jharo bal ||

I perform service for Your slave, O Lord, and wipe his feet with my hair.

and

ਗੁਰਸਿਖੀ ਭਾਣਾ ਮੰਨਿਆ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰਾ ਪਾਰਿ ਲੰਘਾਇ ॥

gurasikhee bhaanaa manniaa gur pooraa paar langhaae ||

The Sikhs of the Guru accept and obey the Lord's Will; the Perfect Guru carries them across.

ਗੁਰਸਿਖਾਂ ਕੀ ਹਰਿ ਧੂੜਿ ਦੇਹਿ ਹਮ ਪਾਪੀ ਭੀ ਗਤਿ ਪਾਂਹਿ ॥

gurasikhaan kee har dhhoorr dhaehi ham paapee bhee gath paanhi ||

O Lord, please bless me with the dust of the feet of the Guru's Sikhs. I am a sinner - please save me.

and

ਸੇਵਕ ਕੀ ਓੜਕਿ ਨਿਬਹੀ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ॥

saevak kee ourrak nibehee preeth ||

The love which the Lord's servant feels for the Lord lasts forever.

ਜੀਵਤ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਸੇਵਿਓ ਅਪਨਾ ਚਲਤੇ ਰਾਖਿਓ ਚੀਤਿ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

jeevath sahib saeviou apana chalathae rakhiou cheetIn my life, I served my Lord and Master, and as I depart, I keep Him enshrined in my consciousness.

When ever Gurbani says to do seva of SANT, Iit means seva of SATGURU or satguru ki sadh sangat or group of sikhs and not any Individual as Singular Person.

Bhul chuk khima Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh

K Singh Deep.... Please donot twist the meanings of Gurbani for ur Sake. If Guruji wanted to do seva of Satguru, then Guru ji could have mentioned Guru in the Above Gurbani tuks. Guruji SPecifically mentioned SANT and Daas of the Gurmukhs.

You are Totally confused about Gurbani, either you do it Intentionally or donot understand the Meaning of Gurbani.

a Sant cannot replace Gurbani, the Guru, or the Panj Piyare, nor would a real Sant ever attempt to do so. Genuine Sikh Sant would claim to be only a Sikh and will kindle a desire in us so that we can be just like him, a true child of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Sant is the pinnacle of Sikh Panth. If we continue to live as if this goal is unreachable and disregard seeking company of such Sikhs, then, either Gurbani has failed us or we have failed Gurbani. People tend to ignore the portions of Gurbani they cannot understand, or they derail them with some alternate meaning just because they lack faith in its simple and straightforward meaning. How can we claim to be in Sat Sangat if we do not believe in, and anticipate, its outcome?

If we were truly in Sat Sangat, then, someone among us must be turning into a Sant every so often. Otherwise, we must be wrong somewhere. If we do not have this conviction in our heart, then, clearly we have a problem (881:13-19). Our faith in Gurbani is valid only if we have a yearning and a hope to meet a perfect Gursikh, sometime soon, within our lifetime. We need to anticipate it, and pray for it whenever we are in the Sangat (763:1-. Gurbani is replete with Shabads saturated with this desire. They infuse vitality into the Sangat. If it were not so important, we would not have so many such Shabads.

Here is a complete series of articles that will fully explain the sant issue using Gurbani:

Summary of Articles

Section I

An introduction to why meeting a Gurmukh is so important and what is the significance of Sat Sangat. In Gurbani, Sangat is listed as essential to living normal life as a human. Sat Sangat is just as important as reading Gurbani, because it transforms our heart so that we can truly understand the message of Gurbani.

Is the Sangat working for us in this sense? If not, why not? Do we understand what Sat Sangat means? Does a crowd of people like us represent Sat Sangat? Does the company of others just like us, adequately fulfill all the conditions of being in the Sadh Sangat? In other words, what is the role of a Sadh or a Sant in Sikh Panth?

Section II

The meaning of Sadh or Sant: A Sikh Saint or Sant is someone who has achieved spiritual perfection and mastery over the personal self through Guru's mercy. A Sant is an extremely rare soul. But this should not discourage us, confuse us, or cloud our understanding that Sant is the model of a perfect Sikh, the person that Gurbani urges us to become. A Sant is someone who is devoted only to God and always lives in God's presence.

In an apparent effort to save us from the charlatans, our scholars shroud and suppress our need to adore perfect Gursikhs as our role models, by distorting the meaning in Gurbani. However, the institution of Sangat, the Panj Piyare, and the rules of the Khalsa Panth, eliminate all danger from impostors.

Those who claim to be a Guru or a Sant, leading the Sikhs away from mainstream Panth, are the ones we need to worry about. Additionally, we must avoid those teachers who disregard the Rehit prescribed by the tenth Master. Today's Sikh Sant is a Gursikh who keeps the Rehit of Khalsa, and someone who would not lead people into joining a 'Jatha' or a 'Dera' and thus, would not engage in fragmentation of the mainstream Sangat.

Section III

How is a Sant produced? We stay oblivious towards the essence, being busy all our life mistaking the shell for the kernel. Except for that rare individual called Sant, we all vacillate, and thus, we remain imperfect and keep falling off the path. Those rare individuals who seek the kernel, the essence, and through Guru's mercy, never turn their attention away from it, become perfect and they are known as a Sant. Being in dust from the feet of Sat Sangat, we can learn how to maintain a balance on this path.

Judging by the numerous references to Sant it should be obvious to us that an insight into its meaning, and more importantly, its application is absolutely vital to our understanding of Gurmat and to succeed as a Sikh. The terms, Sikh, Gursikh, Brahmgyani, Gurmukh, Jan or HariJan, Mahapurush, Sadh, and Sant, are the names given to Sikhs at various spiritual stages. The Sant is a sacred and supreme state recognized within the Panth.

Section IV

How do we find a Sant? Since the establishment of Sat Sangat, we no longer wander in search of such an individual and we no longer follow someone who claims to be a Sant. Sadh Sangat is the place to be. Nevertheless, we must have a burning desire to be uplifted through company of such Gursikhs.

Before we can solve our internal problems, we need to remedy our lack of faith in the Panth, its garden, Sat Sangat, and its fruit, the Sant. We may sing and read Gurbani all our life, but without faith, our inner progress remains stunted.

We must help each other in the Sangat by being absorbed in Gurbani with a sincere desire to be uplifted by the Sangat. Sadh Sangat or company of perfect Sikhs is essential. Just as, one lamp lights another. But there is no need to worship such Sikhs. The mere sight of a Sant is uplifting. But first, we need that burning desire to see them. Only then, can we benefit from their company or recognize them.

Section V

If we continue to live as if this goal is unreachable and disregard seeking company of such Sikhs, then, either Gurbani has failed us or we have failed Gurbani. Our faith in Gurbani is valid only if we have a yearning and a hope to meet a perfect Gursikh, sometime soon, within our lifetime. Guru Ji promises that there is always a Sant living somewhere in this world.

Sant is our role model, a testimony to the ultimate triumph of the Guru. Coming to Sangat with a desire to see such a Gursikh is the road towards spiritual awakening. The Shabads regarding the qualities of Sant, as one example given, should be studied carefully.

Guru Nanak introduced a unique method to liberate us en masse: Sat Sangat generated with Gurbani, augmented with music and singing from the heart. Kirtan of GurShabd or God's Word, in Sadh Sangat can gradually, or instantly, convert ordinary masses into Saints. However, a multitude joined for singing Gurbani, but lacking faith in the outcome of Sangat, succeeds in creating only, a multitude singing Gurbani. Let us never confuse the two as the same.

Section VI

The formula: "Meditate upon the formless God, connect with the Shabad, and seek the glorious sight of the Khalsa" needs to be followed thoroughly, with full faith and conviction. A Sant in the Sikh Panth today would keep the Rehit prescribed by the tenth Master, would dislike being called a Sant or a Guru, and would never lead the Sikhs away from mainstream Sangat into some eccentric group.

These are some important qualities of a perfect Gursikh. Sangat of Guru Khalsa or such perfect Sikhs, and submitting to the Panj Piyare is the foundation of Sikh Panth. Spiritual words of Sri Naranjan Singh Ji on this subject are recorded in this section.

Saints are the only humans truly alive in this world. The rest of us make up the bulk of Sikh Panth. Their company enlivens us. Sant is the lifeblood on Panth. God hides Himself in a Sant's heart. Guru Ji says, "The sole purpose of a Sant coming into this world is that we remember Naam in their company."

End of summary

There are 6 more parts to this article series- please read them here: http://khojee.wordpr.../role-of-sants/

in Anand Sahib (written by Guru Amar Daas Ji) guru ji says

"Aavoo sant pyario akath ki kari kahani, kare kahani akath keri kith dware paiyeh"

"Come, beloved saints, let us speak the unspoken speech of the lord, how can we speak the unspoken speech of the lord? which door will we find him"

is Guru Amar Daas Ji calling himself and speaking to himself in this thuk???

k. singh deep ji, just answer this one question. so when listening to katha by sant gurbachan singh ji khalsa, sant kartar singh ji, sant jarnail singh ji, or even gaini thakur singh ji, when they explain the meaning of sant as a person being of a certain avastha, or when gurbani says to do seva of the sants, they translate it as doing seva of an individual of high avastha, that means they are doing wrong arths of gurbani??

Veer/phen ji,

what would the arth your school or thought do for these Gurbani pangtis?

ਸੰਤਕੀਸੇਵਾਨਾਮੁਧਿਆਈਐ ॥

and

ਹਰਿਕੀਟਹਲਕਮਾਵਣੀਜਪੀਐਪ੍ਰਭਕਾਨਾਮੁ ॥

how about the importance of Guru here?

ਕਬੀਰਸੇਵਾਕਉਦੁਇਭਲੇਏਕੁਸੰਤੁਇਕੁਰਾਮੁ ॥

ਰਾਮੁਜੁਦਾਤਾਮੁਕਤਿਕੋਸੰਤੁਜਪਾਵੈਨਾਮੁ ॥੧੬੪॥

since, you insist "SANT" word is only and only for mahapursh.

Please go through this Shabad

ਗੂਜਰੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੩ ॥

Goojaree mehalaa 3 ||

ਹਰਿ ਕੀ ਤੁਮ ਸੇਵਾ ਕਰਹੁ ਦੂਜੀ ਸੇਵਾ ਕਰਹੁ ਨ ਕੋਇ ਜੀ ॥

Har kee tum saevaa karahu doojee saevaa karahu na koe jee ||

Serve the Lord; do not serve anyone else.

ਹਰਿ ਕੀ ਸੇਵਾ ਤੇ ਮਨਹੁ ਚਿੰਦਿਆ ਫਲੁ ਪਾਈਐ ਦੂਜੀ ਸੇਵਾ ਜਨਮੁ ਬਿਰਥਾ ਜਾਇ ਜੀ ॥੧॥

Har kee saevaa te manahu chindhiaa fal paaeeai doojee saevaa janam birathhaa jaae jee ||1||

Serving the Lord, you shall obtain the fruits of your heart's desires; serving another, your life shall pass away in vain. ||1||

ਹਰਿ ਮੇਰੀ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਰੀਤਿ ਹੈ ਹਰਿ ਮੇਰੀ ਹਰਿ ਮੇਰੀ ਕਥਾ ਕਹਾਨੀ ਜੀ ॥

Har maeree preet reet hai har maeree har maeree kathhaa kehaanee jee ||

The Lord is my Love, the Lord is my way of life, the Lord is my speech and conversation.

ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ਮੇਰਾ ਮਨੁ ਭੀਜੈ ਏਹਾ ਸੇਵ ਬਨੀ ਜੀਉ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

Gur prasaade maeraa manu bheejai eaehaa saev banee jeeo ||1|| rehaao ||

By Guru's Grace, my mind is saturated with the Lord's Love; this is what makes up my service. ||1||Pause||

The Lord is my Simritees, the Lord is my Shaastras; the Lord is my relative and the Lord is my brother.

ਹਰਿ ਕੀ ਮੈ ਭੂਖ ਲਾਗੈ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮਿ ਮੇਰਾ ਮਨੁ ਤ੍ਰਿਪਤੈ ਹਰਿ ਮੇਰਾ ਸਾਕੁ ਅੰਤਿ ਹੋਇ ਸਖਾਈ ॥੨॥

Har kee mai bhookh laagai har naam maeraa man tripatai har maeraa saak ante hoe sakhaaee ||2||

I am hungry for the Lord; my mind is satisfied with the Name of the Lord. The Lord is my relation, my helper in the end. ||2||

ਹਰਿ ਬਿਨੁ ਹੋਰ ਰਾਸਿ ਕੂੜੀ ਹੈ ਚਲਦਿਆ ਨਾਲਿ ਨ ਜਾਈ ॥

Har bin hor raas koorree hai chaladiaa naal na jaaee ||

Without the Lord, other assets are false. They do not go with the mortal when he departs.

ਹਰਿ ਮੇਰਾ ਧਨੁ ਮੇਰੈ ਸਾਥਿ ਚਾਲੈ ਜਹਾ ਹਉ ਜਾਉ ਤਹ ਜਾਈ ॥੩॥

Har maeraa dhhan maerai saathh chaalai jehaa ho jaao teh jaaee ||3||

The Lord is my wealth, which shall go with me; wherever I go, it will go. ||3||

ਸੋ ਝੂਠਾ ਜੋ ਝੂਠੇ ਲਾਗੈ ਝੂਠੇ ਕਰਮ ਕਮਾਈ ॥

So jhoothaa jo jhoothae laagai jhoothae karam kamaaee ||

One who is attached to falsehood is false; false are the deeds he does.

ਕਹੈ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਹਰਿ ਕਾ ਭਾਣਾ ਹੋਆ ਕਹਣਾ ਕਛੂ ਨ ਜਾਈ ॥੪॥੨॥੪॥

Kehai naanak har kaa bhaanaa hoaa kehanaa kachhoo na jaaee ||4||2||4||

Says Nanak, everything happens according to the Will of the Lord; no one has any say in this at all.

||4||2||4||

Here Gurbani says "Har kee tum saevaa karahu doojee saevaa karahu na koe jee"

and

Gurbani also tells us "GUR PARMESHAR EKO JAAN" means we should do seva ofeither Guru Saheb

or HAR(Akaal Purakh or Parmeshar or God whatever we may call) and therefore when Guru Saheb tell

us"ਸੰਤਕੀਸੇਵਾਨਾਮੁਧਿਆਈਐ " or "ਕਬੀਰਸੇਵਾਕਉਦੁਇਭਲੇਏਕੁਸੰਤੁਇਕੁਰਾਮੁ ॥ ਰਾਮੁਜੁਦਾਤਾਮੁਕਤਿਕੋਸੰਤੁਜਪਾਵੈਨਾਮੁ ॥" we must under stand

that Guru Saheb is asking for seva of SANT (sATGURU ) and not any other human being.Where ever

Guru ji wanted to say about Gursikhs or Great Sikhs , it is mentioned as "sevak" or "Dass" as:-

"ਪਾਣੀ ਪਖਾ ਪੀਸੁ ਦਾਸ ਕੈ ਤਬ ਹੋਹਿ ਨਿਹਾਲੁ ॥"

Panee pakha pees dass kai tab hohe nihalu ||

Carry water for the Lord's slave, wave the fan over him, and grind his corn; then, you shall be happy.

and

"ਟਹਲ ਕਰਉ ਤੇਰੇ ਦਾਸ ਕੀ ਪਗ ਝਾਰਉ ਬਾਲ ॥ "

Tehal karo taerae daas kee pag jharo bal ||

I perform service for Your slave, O Lord, and wipe his feet with my hair.

and

ਗੁਰਸਿਖੀ ਭਾਣਾ ਮੰਨਿਆ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰਾ ਪਾਰਿ ਲੰਘਾਇ ॥

gurasikhee bhaanaa manniaa gur pooraa paar langhaae ||

The Sikhs of the Guru accept and obey the Lord's Will; the Perfect Guru carries them across.

ਗੁਰਸਿਖਾਂ ਕੀ ਹਰਿ ਧੂੜਿ ਦੇਹਿ ਹਮ ਪਾਪੀ ਭੀ ਗਤਿ ਪਾਂਹਿ ॥

gurasikhaan kee har dhhoorr dhaehi ham paapee bhee gath paanhi ||

O Lord, please bless me with the dust of the feet of the Guru's Sikhs. I am a sinner - please save me.

and

ਸੇਵਕ ਕੀ ਓੜਕਿ ਨਿਬਹੀ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ॥

saevak kee ourrak nibehee preeth ||

The love which the Lord's servant feels for the Lord lasts forever.

ਜੀਵਤ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਸੇਵਿਓ ਅਪਨਾ ਚਲਤੇ ਰਾਖਿਓ ਚੀਤਿ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

jeevath sahib saeviou apana chalathae rakhiou cheetIn my life, I served my Lord and Master, and as I depart, I keep Him enshrined in my consciousness.

When ever Gurbani says to do seva of SANT, Iit means seva of SATGURU or satguru ki sadh sangat or group of sikhs and not any Individual as Singular Person.

Bhul chuk khima Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh

In the shabad, Guru Sahib is already telling us to serve the lord, but say nothing about serving Sants or not. Did you read the line where it says:

The word serving here in essence is saying worship. When you read the above line it is telling us not to worship(serve) the simritees or Shaastras.

And how can you separate Guru and God when Gurbani tells us they are one and the same?