Sikh Channel Expenditures

Hau Apraadhi

VJKK VJKF

I know a lot of people have been weird with Sikh Channel in terms of what they are doing with the money that they are getting, so they have put the figures of their expenditures on their website, just thought I should inform the sangat that does not yet already know about this as I just came across it myself, here is the link...

http://www.sikhchannel.tv/Income.aspx - This is their expenditure for July

VJKK VJKF

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the link. Hopefully this is "transparent" enough for the cynics out there!

You would think it would be enough but I am sure we will hear from them very soon. Its amazing how theyve shut up so far though eh? Normally, threads regarding Sikh Channel are viewed highly and have about a dozen pages before it fades away. Total shock horror(!)

Not a cynic (already set up my direct debit before people start) but can totally understand why people would want to see where their money is going.

It would be nice if Sikh Channel could show their financial break down more prominently on their website and maybe also break down their income - How much of that income is personal direct debits? How much is Gurdwara/Business Donations? How much is advertising income etc...

I am sure Sikh Channel cannot do this for legal reasons, but it would be interesting to know which Gurdwaras, who have been approached, have NOT supported the channel.

There are quite a few large Gurdwaras in Birmingham/Wolves and in the London area, maybe we need to name and shame those that have refused to offer any support.

As I say, it is probably not a good idea if the Sikh channel does this, but maybe on the forums etc we could compile a list and name the gurdwaras and/or businesses that have not contributed to this worthy cause.

I know for sure that certain big Gurdwaras have refused support.

This maybe offtopic slightly but I feel the owners of Sikh channel should get in touch with gurdwara committee's UK nationwide even european ones and get funding that way. The channel should also have Uk/Europe related Sikh news instead of india all the time. Also needs discussion shows that focus and inspire the next generation of the majority monay/sahejdhari Sikhs so that they take an interest in the faith and not get sucked into or influenced by other religions / cultures at the expense of being born into Sikh family.

Coolwater, as far as I know The Sikh Channel have been to all the main Gurdwaray in the UK, the big ones in Birmingham, Wolves and London - ALL have refused to back them, nobody is giving any money.

I personally believe that its a blessing in disguise that Gurdwaras have not offered that much support because otherwise the channel would be forced to succumb to Gurdwara politics and so forth. I think the channel should remain independent from them and be supported by the sangat the way it is running now. Its the sangats channel.

I think (and know for a fact for some Gurdwaras) that one reason why some Gurdwara's have not offered support is the lack of complete transparency by the Sikh Channel. There have been many questions posed by the sangat and most are still unanswered.

When we give as individuals to a cause - it is totally up to us, BUT when an Organisation or Gurdwara gives out the sangats money, it is their duty to ensure they know it is fully accounted for