Something that makes me angry

ms514

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I'd like to comment on this.

This week I learned a lot of things about a lot of people. I learned how in a time of emotional and psychological struggle, some peoples political tendancies come right out and you can see it so clearly. Right now I am trying to avoid that and focus on what I have learned about my Guru, and about my Guru's Sikhs.

I considered all three Gursikhs who passed away part of my immediate sangat and family. While I had the honour of being in their sangat, many times I am sure I took them for granted. At the same time I did learn a lot from them.

But strangely, I also learned so much about them, just from their passing.

I met more of their families. I noticed how much an impact they had on pthers, not just on me. And not just a few others, but thousands of people.

Their funeral service was one of the largest funeral services in BC history.

And even that was not a full scope of the people who wanted to attend but couldn't, or the people who knew them but lived too far away.

They touched so many hearts and not just that but one of the things all three of them advocated the most was Panthic Ektha.

I knew this before. I knew they were all for Panthic Ektha. But after their passing it's crystal clear. I can see now how their actions reflected it.

I know for a fact that in the last 5-6 months, Rena Kaur bhainjee was started to learn so much about so many different sangats. She was actively trying to become involved in va

rious groups, and learn shaster vidiya and also inspire others to mix within sangats so that people from different backgrounds could learn from each other. I honestly feel now, as if Rena Kaur bhainjee was preparing for her wedding with God - starting to wear a dastaar all the time, always caring for her 5k's, getting ready to wear bana to school, keeping her nitnem strong, constantly reading and practicing gurbani shabads, constantly practicing shaster vidya and doing gursikhi vichar --- she was getting set. And all the while she was giving herself to the Khalsa Panth. She recognized the Panth and the importance for ektha. Rena Kaur bhainjee was starting to really open her eyes to viewing the Khalsa panth as one big family. Once she set her mind on something in Sikhi, she became dedicated to it. It was clear that she was starting to focus on panthic struggles and the need for ektha.

Bhai Charnjit Singh's first words when he spoke to us in our first class and gave us a lecture on Sikh history were that he does not consider himself wiser than anybody else, and if anybody disagrees with him, he apologizes and requests that people stick to gurbani and gursikhi vichar and avoid all types of squabbles and immature arguments. He was a strong proponent of harmony within the different jathas and sampardhas of the panth. He did not teach or preach to anybody with the prejudgement of their group. In fact, if anybody did try to rev him up, or get him into an argument, he would calmly say "In my humble opinion, I think this is the case, but I respect your view. Let's avoid any arguments and all the rest is up to Guru jee. I have no other knowledge." So much nimartaa and pyaar.

Besides his oustanding work for interreligious harmony, Bhai Parminder Singh was a heavily active advocate of universal love. In every single ardas, wherever he went, he would say one shabad during the ardas - "Gursikhaa iko pyaar, gur mithaa puthaa bhaaeeaa." He truly felt that there should be one love in Gursi

khs, like true friends, children and siblings. He felt that it's okay if we're doing our own thing here and there - if we are having our own organizations and groups BUT we must cooperate with each other to get these things done, and we must also be on good terms with each other, and come together in times of need. This was a real essential feeling in his heart, that we are all children of one father and should behave as such.

Having said all this, I am extensively disappointed time and time again when tragedies occur and the effect wears off after a few weeks.

The effect of these three Gursikh's legacies - and the legacies of thousands of Gursikhs before them - and the legacies of our mahaan Guru Sahibaan from which all of this comes - should not be forgotten, ever.

bhul chuk maaf karnaa jee....

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

www.inoneday.ca - Memorial to three Oustanding Gursikhs

Sat Sri Akal:

Ego.

Is the most dangerous of the 5 evils. One can control, kaam, karodh, moh , lobh but right at the very end Having managed to avoid those evils so far can bring Hankar in a person's mind.

"Oh i am such a gursikh that i have managed to control kaam, karodh lobh moh!"

I remember hearing in one of my cassetes that, if someone isnt pleased to see another gursikh then they are not gursikh themselves.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I fully agree with guru pyari Sadh Sangat jee, the issue of Panthic Ekta is the top priority. However number of efforts in this direction need to be increased.

Sadh Sangat everyone of us let every one of us us now start working on Panth Ekta which was successfully did by our three satkar yog Gursikhs Bhai Parminder Singh Jee, Bhai Charanjeet Singh and Bibi Rena Kaur.

In India, the situation is much much more worse than Sikhs organizations outside India. In India young Sikhs are majorily not allowed to participate in various sevas of Gurudwara Management neither they are encouraged to do so by our so called LEADERS. Reason the ego, the grediness of Power and money.

I would humbly urge upon the Sikh Sangat of outside India to help, support, guide the organizations in India who are working for the Chardi kalaa and Ekta of Panth. Your efforts, moral & finanical supports should reach and should be for the right ppls/ organizations.

Sadh Sangat as all of you knows that I am maha moorakh and very poor in english so please forgive me for all my silly mistakes.

bhulaa chukka dee maufi

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Guest mehtab

unfortunately, we are first of all Punjabis, then we are whatever "caste" we belong to, and then if we feel like, or we are in a good mood, we may consider being Sikhs. isn't that the way people out there think? :T: atleast those who cant be united have this mentality :wub:

unfortunately, we are first of all Punjabis, then we are whatever "caste" we belong to, and then if we feel like, or we are in a good mood, we may consider being Sikhs. isn't that the way people out there think?  atleast those who cant be united have this mentality

Might be that, it might also be that people don't wanna follow rehat, and wanna bring other people down to their level of cowardice.

Wahegurujikakhalsa Wahegurujikifateh

Please excuse me for being so blunt in this email but i feel that we really need to look inside ourselves and determine if we are actually the cause of our own failure.

The passing of these Gursikhs was a tragic event, they came into this life and full-filled their tasks and have now moved onto their next life to carry out their next tasks, they have not vanished or left, their soul is still alive and forever will be, we need to be stronger with ourselves to make us realise that.

I have read many messages on this fourm with regards to 'why Guru Jee took them away' and it really upsets me that in such times, do we forget that only Guru Sahib has the answers to these questions so why is it that until today we have not read a single Hukamnama from the MANY Keertans, Akhand Paaths, Simrans etc that took place in their rememberance, all your questions will be answered within that Hukamnama there is no need to search for the answers anywhere else.

Panthic unity will not come about with the passing of such Gurmukhs, we are kidding ourselves to even suggest that or think that.. using these Gurmukhs as 'tools' and 'excuses' to gain Panthic Unity will not get us anywhere, they came to do what they done and have now moved on.... The Panth has shed blood of MANY MANY shaheeds over the last 100 years yet we are still not closer to any Panthic unity, have we forgot about all them shaheeds?? Gursikhs are passing away in the name of Panthic unity every day yet not a single mention of them is ever reached to us. Panthic Unity is FAR FAR away and who is to blame for that? all of US!!

We living in the

Western world shouting for Unity is fine, we might get unity in our local towns, cities, countries but what about where it really matters? Today in Punjab there is probably less Gursikhs than in the Western World, we demand our own Homeland yet the people that will occupy that Homeland are living outside it, have we not abandoned our own Homeland?? until we are actually within our own house we will never be able to make any difference. Its easy for us to sit outside of Punjab and shout about the corrupt leaders etc ... have we ever tried to actually live within Punjab and shout about it?? We all are to blame for this non-unity within the Panth, until we wake up and realise that if we don't look after our house back in Punjab we can shout and scream as much as we want from the outside we will forever be fighting a loosing battle.

Please lets not be under the impression that just because of these 3 Gursikhs moving on we will get Panthic Unity, it is majority of Gursikhs vision to see through Panthic Unity not only those 3 Gursikhs and the Panth has shed 1000's of Gursikh lives for the sake of Unity in the past and will do carrying on into the future until we realise that we can only make a real difference when we are sitting within the people that make the difference.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Wahegurujikakhalsa Wahegurujikifateh