Reduce Your Sleep

tarunjeet singh

I took a sleep pill two nights ago to try to get more sleep and OMG I felt like a zombie(didnt get to sleep any quicker) and learned the hard way trying to mess with getting more sleep :lol:

I had a simpler way of getting sleep in school days , studying the most boring subjects . It gave me instant sleep :sleep:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i'm a girl so I'm not really into heavy lifting (builing houses) etc! I do exercise but have been slack lately and have come home from work and uni really tired, done housework but that doesn't help either, i think it's just one of those things, it's prob because I think alot before I sleep aswell!

I think you've answered your own question, me thinks.

to understand the concept of sleep everyone who is living out of india having electricity 24 hours shoudl either come to india and live in some village or quit the use of light for few days and think they have traveled in gurujis time ... then people didnt had any clocks they sleep when sun set that makes 7 o clock in india currently ... and wakes up as per sikh rehat 2 hours before sun rises that makes around 3 30 ... that was the condition during guru jis time and even today in villages ... 7 pm to 3 am that makes how many hours i dont know much calculation ... but it must be easy to calculate ... this was the life style ...

everyone just think lets say there will be no electricity for next 4 days no source of light other then fire ... i didnt think anyone of us have even a single reason why they need to wake up after sun sets ...

Interesting. I want to ask, in those times, how could they do their nitnem, without light? with fire?

Interesting. I want to ask, in those times, how could they do their nitnem, without light? with fire?
People had nitnem and a lot of other bani's memorized. We have gotten lazy and complacent, we don't even try to memorize any bani. Think about it, if you had the entire nitnem memorized, you could be anywhere and still be able to do your nitnem. If you are going to school or work, this could save you 40 minutes easily as you don't even have to sit down to do your nitnem. You could do it while you are on the bus!

to understand the concept of sleep everyone who is living out of india having electricity 24 hours shoudl either come to india and live in some village or quit the use of light for few days and think they have traveled in gurujis time ... then people didnt had any clocks they sleep when sun set that makes 7 o clock in india currently ... and wakes up as per sikh rehat 2 hours before sun rises that makes around 3 30 ... that was the condition during guru jis time and even today in villages ... 7 pm to 3 am that makes how many hours i dont know much calculation ... but it must be easy to calculate ... this was the life style ...

everyone just think lets say there will be no electricity for next 4 days no source of light other then fire ... i didnt think anyone of us have even a single reason why they need to wake up after sun sets ...

well some one used some gurubani in one of the above post i using the same to try and answer u ...

mÚ 4 ]

ma 4 |

Fourth Mehl:

gur siqgur kw jo isKu AKwey su Blky auiT hir nwmu iDAwvY ]

gur sathigur kaa jo sikh akhaaeae s bhalakae outh har naam dhiaavai |

One who calls himself a Sikh of the Guru, the True Guru, shall rise in the early morning hours and

meditate on the Lord's Name.

audmu kry Blky prBwqI iesnwnu kry AMimRq sir nwvY ]

oudham karae bhalakae parabhaathee eisanaan karae anmrith sar naavai |

Upon arising early in the morning, he is to bathe, and cleanse himself in the pool of nectar.

aupdyis gurU hir hir jpu jwpY siB iklivK pwp doK lih jwvY ]

oupadhaes guroo har har jap jaapai sabh kilavikh paap dhokh lehi jaavai |

Following the Instructions of the Guru, he is to chant the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. All sins,

misdeeds and negativity shall be erased.

iPir cVY idvsu gurbwxI gwvY bhidAw auTidAw hir nwmu iDAwvY ]

fir charrai dhivas gurabaanee gaavai behadhiaa outhadhiaa har naam dhiaavai |

Then, at the rising of the sun, he is to sing Gurbani; whether sitting down or standing up, he is to

meditate on the Lord's Name.

jo swis igrwis iDAwey myrw hir hir so gurisKu gurU min BwvY ]

jo saas giraas dhiaaeae maeraa har har so gurasikh guroo man bhaavai |

One who meditates on my Lord, Har, Har, with every breath and every morsel of food - that

GurSikh becomes pleasing to the Guru's Mind.

ijs no dieAwlu hovY myrw suAwmI iqsu gurisK gurU aupdysu suxwvY ]

jis no dhaeiaal hovai maeraa suaamee this gurasikh guroo oupadhaes sunaavai |

That person, unto whom my Lord and Master is kind and compassionate - upon that GurSikh, the

Guru's Teachings are bestowed.

jnu nwnku DUiV mMgY iqsu gurisK kI jo Awip jpY Avrh nwmu jpwvY ]2]

jan naanak dhoorr mangai this gurasikh kee jo aap japai avareh naam japaavai |2|

Servant Nanak begs for the dust of the feet of that GurSikh, who himself chants the Naam, and

inspires others to chant it. ||2||

it is clear when a person wakes up 2 hours before sunrise as per sikh rehat ... he have a bath do his every day stuff and starts with naam simren till the sun is out then he starts reading gurbani ... singh dont ask me try it yourself ... without electricity we have no other choice then to follow natures day and night as every animal and bird is doing ...

I'm trying to stay awake alnight and right now its about exactly 3.00am, my eyes are burning all I got to do is ps3 and I got college tomorrow. Im doing things, that I normally don't do like put my stuff in alphabetic order. strange

That's so weird, I went to sleep at 2am and woke up half an hr ago at 3:30am. I can't go back to sleep so I was thinking of staying awake for the rest of the day aswell. I have an early start though and have so much to do and I don't know how I'm going to be able to achieve anything today....I'm really scared because I can't afford to sleep during the day :umm:

I hate waking up randomly in the night!

Hmm im going to lie back down! :)