Reduce Your Sleep

tarunjeet singh

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol i've never tried that and now I'll make sure I never do! :lol: I've tried counting sheep though, excercising before bed to tire myslef out, listening to mellow music but nothing helps! I've just learnt to accept the fact that I'm a semi-insomniac! :wacko:

You my friend need to do some hard labour......get some sweat......

'papi', I know what bursts your bubble....... :lol:

Lol i've never tried that and now I'll make sure I never do! :lol: I've tried counting sheep though, excercising before bed to tire myslef out, listening to mellow music but nothing helps! I've just learnt to accept the fact that I'm a semi-insomniac! :wacko:

You my friend need to do some hard labour......get some sweat......

'papi', I know what bursts your bubble....... :lol:

Well i'm a girl so I'm not really into heavy lifting (builing houses) etc! I do exercise but have been slack lately and have come home from work and uni really tired, done housework but that doesn't help either, i think it's just one of those things, it's prob because I think alot before I sleep aswell!

i sleep 8 hours a day and i think i do everything a normal person should as a sikh ... everyone has a mind and body and sleeps according to it ... if u dont sleep what ur brain needs it will accumulate it for days and u may end up sleeping while driving alone ... the thing should be avoided is oversleep on an average it is 8 hours it may be less or more when it comes to individual ... listen to ur brain and body do they feel fresh all day after u wake up in morning ... dont follow the bhed chall

Jassa veer, you've got to be kidding, right?

You've seen the quotes from normal (non-Sikh) people above who only sleep for a few hours. If non-Sikhs can do it, surely Guru ke Sikh can do so, right?

... i dont see any logic in sleeping less hours in night and feeling sleepy rest of day ... its better to waste 8 hours then 24 hours

The logic in sleeping less is simply that Guru Nanak Dev Ji, Bhai Gurdas Ji, and Guru Gobind Singh Ji have recommended it.

Khandit nindra alap aharan Nanak tat bicharo.

Gursikh thora khavna, thora soauna, thora hi bolna.

Alap ahar sulap si nindra daya chima tan preet.

BCM. (Bhulchuk maf)

i sleep 8 hours a day and i think i do everything a normal person should as a sikh ... everyone has a mind and body and sleeps according to it ... if u dont sleep what ur brain needs it will accumulate it for days and u may end up sleeping while driving alone ... the thing should be avoided is oversleep on an average it is 8 hours it may be less or more when it comes to individual ... listen to ur brain and body do they feel fresh all day after u wake up in morning ... dont follow the bhed chall

You've seen the quotes from normal (non-Sikh) people above who only sleep for a few hours. If non-Sikhs can do it, surely Guru ke Sikh can do so, right?

... i dont see any logic in sleeping less hours in night and feeling sleepy rest of day ... its better to waste 8 hours then 24 hours

The logic in sleeping less is simply that Guru Nanak Dev Ji, Bhai Gurdas Ji, and Guru Gobind Singh Ji have recommended it.

BCM. (Bhulchuk maf)

Loooooollll but if you sleep less, then don’t you think allot of amritdahri’s will compensate while doing naam simran (beside's the fact that they really do)..lolll

BCM. (Bhulchuk maf)

actualy i was not kidding singh ... infact i can see this sleep issue going to be one more fact to be used in recent few years to judge a sikh i know its going to happen ... i sleep 6 hours i m better guru ka sikh ... i sleep four hours i m even better ... and i havent slept for last 30 days guruji must have liked me very much ... we have thousands of stuff last 40 - 50 years which hardly matters and most worse thing is it is dependent on persons physical strength to measure a sikh ... and sleep is one of it ... its the recovery time for the days physical and mental activity ...

to understand the concept of sleep everyone who is living out of india having electricity 24 hours shoudl either come to india and live in some village or quit the use of light for few days and think they have traveled in gurujis time ... then people didnt had any clocks they sleep when sun set that makes 7 o clock in india currently ... and wakes up as per sikh rehat 2 hours before sun rises that makes around 3 30 ... that was the condition during guru jis time and even today in villages ... 7 pm to 3 am that makes how many hours i dont know much calculation ... but it must be easy to calculate ... this was the life style ...

everyone just think lets say there will be no electricity for next 4 days no source of light other then fire ... i didnt think anyone of us have even a single reason why they need to wake up after sun sets ...

when guru sahib said est less ... lets think about it when our mother cooks our fav dish say rajmha chawal ... we eat it till we can feel it in our neck ... then guru sahib said it less it doesnt mean we should eat up two spoons and say we are finished even though we are hungry ...

speak less ... we are going to gurdware on the way we find our old friend ... and we stand with him ... hey whats up ... hows you your mum your dad ... u remember our school days and story starts .... guru sahib says speak less ... hey whats up ... havent seen u for a while hows u ok i m on the way to gurdwara see yaa ... guru sahib didnt mean that you should pretend as if u dont know him and move straight away ...

sleep lees ... it means we should enough to feel fresh all day ... not we should sleep less and yawn in front of everyone ...

in all the cases it means normal ... give what your mind and body needs not less not more ...

if ur body can work with 4 hours of sleep its very gud ... but we should not make it a sense of complex in others mind ... i sleep for 6 hours guru ji dont like me anymore ...

i never said one should sleep for X hours i said one should sleep according to his body needs ... nothing else ... thats what i feel ...

.. infact i can see this sleep issue going to be one more fact to be used in recent few years to judge a sikh i know its going to happen ... i sleep 6 hours i m better guru ka sikh ... i sleep four hours i m even better

Oh please no!!!! :umm: I really hope this doesn't happen, there are enough of these already- nothings more important than naam and love for the guru I hope no-one ever forgets that!

if you have sleep problems, recite this shabad before bed. start off with 15 times, once it's memorised, keep reciting until you fall asleep.

bilavel mahalla 5, rog giaia prabh aap gavaia, need peae sukh sahej ghar aiaia rahao

This cured my insomnia. Also, look up sleep hygiene on the net and follow those guidelines.

mÚ 4 ]

ma 4 |

Fourth Mehl:

gur siqgur kw jo isKu AKwey su Blky auiT hir nwmu iDAwvY ]

gur sathigur kaa jo sikh akhaaeae s bhalakae outh har naam dhiaavai |

One who calls himself a Sikh of the Guru, the True Guru, shall rise in the early morning hours and

meditate on the Lord's Name.

audmu kry Blky prBwqI iesnwnu kry AMimRq sir nwvY ]

oudham karae bhalakae parabhaathee eisanaan karae anmrith sar naavai |

Upon arising early in the morning, he is to bathe, and cleanse himself in the pool of nectar.

aupdyis gurU hir hir jpu jwpY siB iklivK pwp doK lih jwvY ]

oupadhaes guroo har har jap jaapai sabh kilavikh paap dhokh lehi jaavai |

Following the Instructions of the Guru, he is to chant the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. All sins,

misdeeds and negativity shall be erased.

iPir cVY idvsu gurbwxI gwvY bhidAw auTidAw hir nwmu iDAwvY ]

fir charrai dhivas gurabaanee gaavai behadhiaa outhadhiaa har naam dhiaavai |

Then, at the rising of the sun, he is to sing Gurbani; whether sitting down or standing up, he is to

meditate on the Lord's Name.

jo swis igrwis iDAwey myrw hir hir so gurisKu gurU min BwvY ]

jo saas giraas dhiaaeae maeraa har har so gurasikh guroo man bhaavai |

One who meditates on my Lord, Har, Har, with every breath and every morsel of food - that

GurSikh becomes pleasing to the Guru's Mind.

ijs no dieAwlu hovY myrw suAwmI iqsu gurisK gurU aupdysu suxwvY ]

jis no dhaeiaal hovai maeraa suaamee this gurasikh guroo oupadhaes sunaavai |

That person, unto whom my Lord and Master is kind and compassionate - upon that GurSikh, the

Guru's Teachings are bestowed.

jnu nwnku DUiV mMgY iqsu gurisK kI jo Awip jpY Avrh nwmu jpwvY ]2]

jan naanak dhoorr mangai this gurasikh kee jo aap japai avareh naam japaavai |2|

Servant Nanak begs for the dust of the feet of that GurSikh, who himself chants the Naam, and

inspires others to chant it. ||2||