Manmohan Singh

V

Guest mehtab

mere pyaare veero...thand rakho..cool it karo...chill out karo...lets sit back, relax and watch the show...time itself will tell kaun kinnay paani vich hai.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i fail to understand why are you people are bashin each otha about this ... chill it and as what rochak said,, time will decide everything.. give da man a chance and lets see what he is all about.. not bad ha.. after 20 years of 1984 incident, today they are gonna have a SIKH prime minister tongue.gif

bloody hell man.. everybody's a skeptic.. does anyone even READ the good posts?

GKD, you haven't referenced anything where you've found that he SUPPORTED Gandhi during 84... a few peopl are STILL waiting for that..

and what's this.. all of a sudden, some members her are starting to care about "what the hindus are gonna think"?

shall we watch out about what the hindus think when (and i know that this isn't even close to today's event), we get Khalsa Raaj? are we gonna back down because there might be some riots?

c'mon people... and MY question:

what i wanna know is how can ANY sikh pass judgement about someone without really truly knowing what the person is al about.. no one here can even come up with a definition of what this guy has done, other than Rochak, and everything he's said has been pretty positive... everything else isj us rumoured until is references.. cuz THIS is ipmortant for us as sikhs.. stop making bull up, and don't judge him until you know he's a fake

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

AGREED :wub:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Lets not start bashing Manmohan Singh even before we know enough about him.I have taken note of the following things regarding him becoming PM:

1.A Sikh PM.First time in India.Sikhs jokes take a beating.

2.One of the few well known sikhs who have last name as Singh and not any caste.

3.Sikh with a briliiant track record,integrity,honesty, called architect of indian reforms.Brings good recognition of sikhs in India and internationally as well.

4.I heard his wife on TV saying his favourite couplet is "deh shiva bar mohe" shabad by Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

5.He said 84 riots and Gujrat riots will not happen again.At least by this he made people aware that 84 riots were something horrible and were wrong and compared it with Gujraat riots.At least he has that in His mind.How many times did vaajpayee talked about 84??

6.He is going to be known internatinally now.France will know what sikh and turban is,America will know that sikhs are not muslims.We have got a brand ambassador for Sikhi.

7.India will have greater respect for sikhs,cos they will know now even better how much sikhs have contributed to this country.

8.RSS takes a beating,by him becoming PM everyone knows he is a Sikh and he is being called Sikh natianlly and internatinally.So clear statement that gets into masses of India:Sikhs are not hindus.Now about that "ohm" sign in his room,well I have some chardikala friends here who rented a house and it has hindu Gods wall hangings,they didnt care about it,it does them no harm.May be owner of the house wanted like that in this case.I remember someone once gif

ted me ganesha idol,the person who gifted was hindu,I didnt refuse it and kept it some where without any reverence for it .So it might be just something like that,lets not get paranoid about just a small hanging in His house.I saw on TV all his relatives are keshdhari at least.

9.TV in India are showing lots of sikhs,mostly His relatives.This will make both Indians and foreigners think about sikh religion and philosophy.

10.If by Guru Jis grace,he did well as PM,he can become a national face of India, and that will be a Sikh.Some foreigners naive about India might even think all indians are Sikhs!! ohmy.gif

Just my opinions on this.Bhul chuk Maaf.

Nobody claims he is a chardikala and rehatdhari sikh but He can definitely make things easier for Chardikala and rehatdhari Sikhs both in India and abroad and who knows one day he himself might become one. ohmy.gif

And yeah his beard is white.He doesnt colour hair. :wub:

Gurfateh

I just like to add something...been to a Hindu/Rss forum and they were talking about whenther he is against murti puja etc. they were saying: someone who is against murti puja can't lead the country (as majority is hindu)...if he is against murti puja, he is just like christians etc. and same as Sonia Gandhi, so the same reason goes for his disapproval.

BUT who the hell cares...BJP-RSS is out. Manmohan Singh is in. that is what counts.

Guest mehtab

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Gauree on Pannaa 212

Gauree, Fifth Mehl:

I am the slave of my Lord and Master.

I eat whatever God gives me. ||1||Pause||

Such is my Lord and Master.

In an instant, He creates and embellishes. ||1||

I do that work which pleases my Lord and Master.

I sing the songs of God's glory, and His wondrous play. ||2||

I seek the Sanctuary of the Lord's Prime Minister;

beholding Him, my mind is comforted and consoled. ||3||

The One Lord is my support, the One is my steady anchor.

Servant Nanak is engaged in the Lord's work. ||4||11||149||

This Shabad is by Guru Nanak Dev Ji in Raag Aasaa on Pannaa 468

First Mehl:

Greed and sin are the king and prime minister; falsehood is the treasurer.

Se*ual desire, the chief advisor, is summoned and consulted; they all sit together and contemplate their plans.

Their subjects are blind, and without wisdom, they try to please the will of the dead.

The spiritually wise dance and play their musical instruments, adorning themselves with beautiful decorations.

They shout out loud, and sing epic poems and heroic stories.

The fools call themselves spiritual scholars, and by their clever tricks, they love to gather wealth.

The righteous waste their righteousness, by asking for the door of salvation.

They call themselves celibate, and abandon their homes, but they do not know the true way of life.

Every

one calls himself perfect; none call themselves imperfect.

If the weight of honor is placed on the scale, then, O Nanak, one sees his true weight. ||2||

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Raamkalee on Pannaa 957

Pauree:

The Creator Lord created the Creation.

He Himself is the perfect Banker; He Himself earns His profit.

He Himself made the expansive Universe; He Himself is imbued with joy.

The value of God's almighty creative power cannot be estimated.

He is inaccessible, unfathomable, endless, the farthest of the far.

He Himself is the greatest Emperor; He Himself is His own Prime Minister.

No one knows His worth, or the greatness of His resting place.

He Himself is our True Lord and Master. He reveals Himself to the Gurmukh. ||1||

This Shabad is by Bhai Gurdaas Ji in Vaars Bhai Gurdaas on Pannaa 20

The chess players have spread the chess mat.

Elephants, chariots, horses and pedestrians have been brought in.

The groups of kings and ministers have gathered and are fighting tooth and nail.

The Gurmukh by making a move has opened his heart before the Guru.

The Guru has lifted pedestrian to the rank of minister and has placed him in the palace of success (and thus has saved the life game of the disciple).