Video Of Tv Discussion: Prof Darshan Singh Engages In Guru Nindya

Crossing all limits of blasphemy controversial ragi Prof Darshan Singh concocts a fictitious story and uses derogatory language for Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib and his personality.

Darshan Singh says "Guru Sahib went to a prostitute and the prostitute tried to lure him. Guru Sahib thought if he establishes relationship with her then the one who will be born out of that relationship will be called a bastar* and if he doesnt establish a relationship then she will get him beat-up by the public by shouting 'thief thief'....Guru Sahib leaves his slippers and robe and starts running. He is caught by the public who starts beating him up. Someone gets hold of Guru Sahib's beard and someone removes his turban and starts hurling slippers on Guru Sahib's head"

No such story with the words used by Darshan Singh appears in any book/scripture of the world!

In a LIVE programme JUS Punjabi TV, New York discusses this issue

LINK TO THE SIX VIDEOS

http://patshahi10.or...views&Itemid=65#

LINK TO THE PLAYLIST

http://www.youtube.c...F3A7AD19FB99C34

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Panthic: I heard Prof Darshan Singh going through this story at a gurdawara as well but he provided the story there as one of the reasonings against Dasham Granth and he did not agree with the story nor he used derogatory language for Guru Sahib, infact he was way too emotional telling the story at the Gurdawara and completely discarded any credibility to it. At the end he also provided a small little booklet referencing the story and similar objectionable material. The information was in Punjabi and it would have taken me years to go through it so I haven't checked its validity yet.

I am not able to view the youtube link so not sure if he is coming from the same direction as I mentioned but I just wanted to point it my experience of the story.

Panthic: I heard Prof Darshan Singh going through this story at a gurdawara as well but he provided the story there as one of the reasonings against Dasham Granth and he did not agree with the story nor he used derogatory language for Guru Sahib, infact he was way too emotional telling the story at the Gurdawara and completely discarded any credibility to it. At the end he also provided a small little booklet referencing the story and similar objectionable material. The information was in Punjabi and it would have taken me years to go through it so I haven't checked its validity yet.

I am not able to view the youtube link so not sure if he is coming from the same direction as I mentioned but I just wanted to point it my experience of the story.

Once the story as he stated in the video is not there in Dasam granth, why this thug is relating it to sangat. His emotions are a way of proaganda to fool sangat and win sympathy for his nefarious anti sikh activities.

He should be ashamed of telling such fabricated story to sangat in presence of SGGS ji especially when this is not in dasam granth. In the next video he was asked (yet to be posted but i watched it)

1) Didi he tell these words to sangat

His answer was YES

2) He was asked to show on what page of Dasam granth this was written

He failed to provide any information.This is all on video and you will listen to it.

If you think that this is in Dasam Granth can you provide the page no to us.

Read more about the background of these charitras which an uneducated fake professor is twisting. This is written by Kapoor singh a literary giant among sikhs.

http://www.patshahi1...jabi-&Itemid=64

At the end he also provided a small little booklet referencing the story and similar objectionable material. The information was in Punjabi and it would have taken me years to go through it so I haven't checked its validity yet.

The focus is on his blasphemous utterings on life of Guru Gobind singh ji. Let us stay focussed on that.

Why didn't Mr. Lamba call up "Prof" Darshan Singh and ask him to explain his reasoning for slandering Sri Dasam Granth and using such derogatory language toward's Guru ji? I honestly think that this issue needs to be finalized once and for all. Akal Takhat needs to take the initiative of holding a meeting and engaging a discussion between pro Dasam Granth and anti Dasam Granth bodies to resolve the issue. The longer we stand aside and allow these guru nindaks to spew their venom of falsehood and conspiracy, the more damage they will do (and are doing) to our Sikh roots and generation of tomorrow's Sikhs. 

Why didn't Mr. Lamba call up "Prof" Darshan Singh and ask him to explain his reasoning for slandering Sri Dasam Granth and using such derogatory language toward's Guru ji? I honestly think that this issue needs to be finalized once and for all. Akal Takhat needs to take the initiative of holding a meeting and engaging a discussion between pro Dasam Granth and anti Dasam Granth bodies to resolve the issue. The longer we stand aside and allow these guru nindaks to spew their venom of falsehood and conspiracy, the more damage they will do (and are doing) to our Sikh roots and generation of tomorrow's Sikhs.

Singh ji

He was called by JUS Punjabi channel. he was evasive and wanted to reply after six months. Finally his supporters got him on air

last Friday i.e. Oct 23, 2009. He failed miserably. That programme will be posted here.

there are no anti dasam granth sikhs except a gang of about 50 to 60 persons who are active in media and misleading sikhs.Once akal takhat gives recognition to Dasam Granth who are they to question it. These people do not ecognise akal takhat and do not obey Sikh rehat maryada. the need of the hour is to expose them as they are operating from within and have no principles.

I heard Prof Darshan Singh going through this story at a gurdawara as well but he provided the story there as one of the reasonings against Dasham Granth

If this story was the reason of his opposing Sri Dasam Granth, then he should reconsider his actions because no such story exists in entire Sri Dasam Granth, and he too hasnt been able to pin point the source of such a story...

Keeping the fairness, JUS Punjabi invited him to present his views and he failed to give reference to his sermons. Interestingly in the second run of the programme he couldnt even recite the Charitars properly...

I agree these Guru Nindaks should be tackled once in for all. And exposing their lies, like this, is a way to tackle them.

Once the story as he stated in the video is not there in Dasam granth, why this thug is relating it to sangat. His emotions are a way of proaganda to fool sangat and win sympathy for his nefarious anti sikh activities.

I don't you caught my drift brother, like i said I can't access youtube so haven't seen the video link posted to see if its the same one I know but in the one I encountered, he seemed pretty confident about the story being from Dasham Granth and in no way he was degrading Guru Sahib, he verbalized the story and was putting down even the mere idea of someone thinking/writing/reading about guru Sahib in that manner. Now if you have the complete knowledge of Dasham Granth then you would know it yourself if its in there or not... I am in no position to make such a statement myself. But if its not in Dasham Granth then he should be dealt with accordingly and if it is then perhaps we need to look at the issue little deeper.

The focus is on his blasphemous utterings on life of Guru Gobind singh ji. Let us stay focussed on that.

Just on a Side note, I am not sure what are you mean by staying focused on the blasphemous language for Guru Sahib; if someone is trying to yell out loud to bring awareness to execration against Guru ji, maybe I am at fault but I personally would not consider it as a horrible offence. Now if the same person is making up random stuff to steer masses then thats a different story and should be tackled sooner than later. I hope the Sikhs out there who are fortunate enough to make a clear distinction in matters like these can put an end to any sort of panth Slandering.