Enlighten Me On Bits Of Islam Plz!

gurmzz

so, I started researchin most religions and I started with Islam. I kno most bits of islam, but Im confused cuz wen I saw a website comparin sikhism to islam, i found this:

Sikhism’s founder not so ruthless or violent as Islam’s.

Sikhism’s deity not so ruthless or violent as Islam's.

Wat does that mean, why are they so ruthless why are they so violent!?

sorry i just don't know, Bhul Chuck Maaf, WJKK WJKF

sorry to say you are not researching but ur comparing ... 1st thing u should do to research about a religion is start reading about its prophet from their website written by his followers ... so start reading about hazzrat muhhamad sahibs life from an islamic website rather then a sikh website ...

Most muslims I know agree that one of mohammeds wives was a child named Ayesha. They married when she was 6 and he was a well matured adult. He slept with her when she was aged 9 as apparently that was when Ayesha had her first period. Some hadiths actually provide graphic details of his intimacy with his child wife (where is the modesty of muslim women here?) Many muslims justify the adult-child marriage by saying it was the cultural practice back then. This indicates that mohammed followed cultural practices. Mohammed claimed he needed to care for the girl etc etc… could he not have cared for her by adopting her? If this is true then I accept Mohammed was hailed a prophet by medieval and uneducated people of that time. Mainstreme islam is nothing more then a medieval cult with medieval laws (sheria law).

Recently… (this year) mainstreme muslims have decided to propagate that mohammeds wife was 18. this is very convenient timing to suddenly discover she was 18 when we live in a civilisation that recognises child abuse, consent and equal rights of men and women.

With todays mainstream muslims it will be a hard job to find an accurate account of mohameds life. This is because the Koran is one of many hadiths, and all their hadiths contradict eachother. This is one thing they all muslims agree on! Thats why preachers such as the renowned zakir naik says follow the Koran and choose 1 hadith. Each hadith contain different narrations of mohammeds life.

Above I am referring to mainstream muslims. I once encountered an extremely small community of muslims in Birmingham (UK) who believe Mohammed Sahib only ate meat on 4 occasions in his life, under a different practised method of halal, and they do not accept mohammed sahib married so many times. They placed an emphasis on God realisation. Such muslims I believe are true muslims. Theres a place where they practice in Birmingham. I duno the name of their sect…. does anyone else?

but yea what budhadal said... learn sikhi first.... muslims like to play psychological games wiv you.

sorry to say you are not researching but ur comparing ... 1st thing u should do to research about a religion is start reading about its prophet from their website written by his followers ... so start reading about hazzrat muhhamad sahibs life from an islamic website rather then a sikh website ...

no, i was just comparing to see wat was different in islam...and the ruthless and violent thing came up so I asked...

Singhaa, get enlightened on Sikh first :D

Bhull Chuk Maaf Karna Jeo

haha XD of course im getting enlightened on Sikhi!!

As Jaasa said, if you have a question Islam, why not ask intelligent Muslims about it first (I would suggest Sufi or Shia interpretations).

Its like a Muslim going on to a fairly fanatical Muslim website and saying "why is Sikhism so violent, I heard about how Banda Bahadur killed innocent Muslim women and children, and that the 10th Guru got Senior members of his own religion burned alive"...

Now we all now the above is a mixture of fact and fiction, and without the correct background and context, cannto be understood correctly. Obvioulsy Muslims who don't have any respect for Sikhi are not going to give the answer are they.

Same formula works here.