Sikh In The U.k

Guest fordcapri

Theres been a section of North London (Stamford Hill) where the Police, the Courts and the Social Services have allowed the community to Police itself under orthodox Jewish Law for nearly 2 decades now. Its not made any of our lives a misery has it ?

Because its nothing to do with us and is none of our business. The Jews have their own religious laws and I say good luck and well done to them for enforcing it among themselves. Muslims, in areas where they predominate (usually areas different to Sikh areas), want the same. Good luck to them. I hope they get it. its nothing to do with us and is none of our business. The BNP on the other hand is our business. Their racist hatred of us make it our business. There is no sadder sight than a misguided Sikh supporting the BNP and not recognising it for the evil organisation it is. :sad:

That's a good perspective. In a sense, it would be like our panj piare. If you break our main laws (4 bajjer kurehits), you have to go before the 5 "judges". But it only applies to Sikhs, and if someone doesn't want it to apply to them, they can just say "I'm not a Sikh."

The problem is many people have the suspicion that Muslims want to apply their law to non-Muslims as well.

By the way, there are Jews who want to apply Jewish law to non-Jews as well.

http://www.noahide.org/

http://www.noahide.com/

^ I lament when I read this forum these days. Lament because it demonstrates how the educaction and knowledge level of our youth has slipped. Whether its not knowing what the word 'chic' means and confusing it with 'chick' or actually thinking the orthodox Jewish Law practiced in North London (Stamford Hill) is somehow more 'modern' and more 'just' than Islamic sharia law.

Its a mute point but I just think you'd like to know that the muslim sharia law is taken from the orthodox jewish law but modified and modernised because there are aspects of the Jewish law practiced among the hassidics in London which is extremely backward and harsh, especially with regards to women.

A little knowledge goes a long way.......It gets rid of the fear.

My forefathers lived alongside 100 million muslims and their laws....and yet my forefathers prospered.

My forefathers would laugh at us today in the UK, who have become frightened of 2 million muslims. 2 million who hold less power, money, resources and education etc than any other community in the country. We live in strange times indeed. :6

If you would like to see the youth making a more positive contribution to the discussion board, it would have been a better approach to firstly acknowledge and encourage their participation as apposed to attacking their education (note spelling) and ‘knowledge level’. It is on this basis I would like to point out it would also be good idea to lead by example, for instance, try to avoid starting a sentence with ‘because’. This is a basic writing tool taught in key stage 2. Additionally, this may prevent your feelings to lament as perhaps the youth may become as articulate as youself.

I do not believe opposing Islamic law is the equivalent of being ‘frightened’ of Muslims. Personally I appose Sheria law for a number of reasons. I believe Muslims who are pursuing our government to implement medieval sheria law should also be pursuing governments in Islamic countries (ie Saudi Arabia) to recognising other non Islamic faith communities and their places of worship.

‘Muslims hold less power, money, resources and education then any other community in the country’

I disagree. This misconception is often drawn from statistics which are deliberately presented in percentage form rather then actual figures. For example, you could say 0.005% of the Muslim community are teachers by profession. This percentage in a school could easily make the Muslim teachers the majority in schools. In summary Muslims are a huge community in the UK and yes, statistics do show that they make up the majority of ethnic underachievers in the education system (Somalians, Bangladeshis, Turkish and Pakistani’s in particular.) but this could be because they are the majority (compared to other faith communities).

A different example could be homeowners: Imagine if:

60% of Sikhs are homeowners and

40% of Muslims are homeowners (these are not actual statistics).

It would be wrong to assume that Sikhs own more homes then Muslims because the actual figures of the two communities differ significantly (with the number of Sikhs being around 400,000 and the number of Muslims being around 3m).

When looking at the Muslim community on the whole it is easy to say “they hold less education, resources etc” because in this sense the majority of Muslims are underachievers, but in comparison to other faith groups a small minority of the 3m Muslim community actually make a large number of a well established, well resourced, rich and powerful community (in comparison to other faith groups).

^ I'm sorry what is this word 'apposing' you keep mentioning ? Its obviously a brand new word yet to hit the dictioneries. And I salute you for that (oh moy god...I just started a sentence with an 'and').......for being so far ahead in the English language that you're given licence to invent your own words but it doesn't help us understand what you're trying to say. Is this new word 'appose' the same as 'oppose' or the complete opposite ? Please explain,Paneer Monster, so I can at least understand what point you're trying to argue. For the moment, all I'm getting from you is the politics of 'fear'. How on earth can what 2 or even 3 million muslims do concern you ?....Concern you enough to make your kutchi gilli with fear ?

This issue is about tolerance and respect. Muslims don't go around demanding the government stop sikhs from practicing sikhism so what makes you think its right for us to stop and vilify their own religious duties ? If they want sharia law for themselves in their own communities they're only asking for the same rights that are already in existence for hassidic jewish communities in this country. The Sikhism I've been brought up with tells me to support and understand their right to practice their religion as it is prescribed. It certainly doesn't teach me irrational fear of a relatively small community.....A fear that consumes me so much that it makes me feel they're out to get me with their own laws too.

Honestly, I feel ashamed at how timid and fearfull many of my fellow Sikhs in the UK have become. :sad:

^ I'm sorry what is this word 'apposing' you keep mentioning ? Its obviously a brand new word yet to hit the dictioneries. And I salute you for that (oh moy god...I just started a sentence with an 'and').......for being so far ahead in the English language that you're given licence to invent your own words but it doesn't help us understand what you're trying to say. Is this new word 'appose' the same as 'oppose' or the complete opposite ? Please explain,Paneer Monster, so I can at least understand what point you're trying to argue. For the moment, all I'm getting from you is the politics of 'fear'. How on earth can what 2 or even 3 million muslims do concern you ?....Concern you enough to make your kutchi gilli with fear ?

This issue is about tolerance and respect. Muslims don't go around demanding the government stop sikhs from practicing sikhism so what makes you think its right for us to stop and vilify their own religious duties ? If they want sharia law for themselves in their own communities they're only asking for the same rights that are already in existence for hassidic jewish communities in this country. The Sikhism I've been brought up with tells me to support and understand their right to practice their religion as it is prescribed. It certainly doesn't teach me irrational fear of a relatively small community.....A fear that consumes me so much that it makes me feel they're out to get me with their own laws too.

Honestly, I feel ashamed at how timid and fearfull many of my fellow Sikhs in the UK have become. :sad:

You know best to apologise. I accept I make mistakes when typing particularly after long days as this is human nature. Despite this, you yourself have shown double standards by expressing you do not understand my point (in a pathetic attempt to attack my post) yet you clearly do as your response has indicated. No doubt that this is all you have to attack me with so you will hold on to the issue of “appose and oppose” like a Somalian to a budget can of beans. Whilst we are on the subject of you pointing out my faults, I find it ironic that you are making references to “dictioneries” when you can even spell the word! I presume you stole yours from the kosovan market unless you have used the spelling of your Arabic brothers as they tend to modify anything and everything!

You missed the point of my previous post entirely - it was you that attacked the ‘education’ and ‘knowledge levels’ of youth on this bored. When someone is critical of your post you venomously attack like your <Edited> brothers. Out of the 5 paragraphs I wrote, you only responded to 1 and attacked it for a mistake as I did not proof read it. Is this because when it comes to the rest of my response you do not have any ground to stand on?.

I stand by my views “I do not believe opposing Islamic law is the equivalent of being ‘frightened’ of Muslims” if anything it is the opposite.

Sheria Law will not stop at Muslim communities. Generally speaking Muslims have no limits: offer them a hand and they take your whole body…. sheria Law in the UK started (last year) with legally binding sheria courts, and now look, Islamic councils are trying to make sharia law the dominant legal system in Muslim majority neighbourhoods. If it does get this far, then what will be their next step?

‘Concern you enough to make your kutchi gilli with fear ?’

Ok your back to insults with your nose sniffing around kutchi gilli like a foul dog on heat - and all of this just because I do not want sheria imposed on the nation. Your comment was totally uncalled for. I am actually beginning to question your motives on this board. No matter how much you bark, I refuse to accept something I feel is unjust whether you like it or not. Sheria does not recognise tolerance and respect. Only today it was reported a poor (under sheria law) Somali woman was stoned to death, in front of a crowed of 200 people and after giving birth to a stillborn baby.

‘Muslims don't go around demanding the government stop sikhs from practicing sikhism so what makes you think its right for us to stop and vilify their own religious duties?’

Pig sh!t, what planet do you live on?! your Muslim ummah have launched numerous attacks on Sikhs (and the wearing the kirpan) on BBC radio, BBC News, and in the Eastern Eye newspaper - but I am sure you will be in denial. Muslims have also protested the only Gurdwara being built in dubai. moving on I would like to know: In your post why do you write muslims with a capital ‘M’ and Jewish, Sikhs and Sikhism all in lowercase? Are you sure you are not a devious muslim?

‘The Sikhism I've been brought up with tells me to support and understand their right to practice their religion as it is prescribed’.

Believe it or not, I am actually supprised at how quick you can switch the conversation from kuchi gilli to Guru Ji’s divine Sikhi. This is in one word foul. Additionally, Sikhi in no way supports sheria, and it in no way teaches us to support sheria. In Sikhi it is a sin to oppress others and it is also a sin to live under oppression. If sheria law was the dominant law in the UK your mother would have to wear a hijab in public (that is if she does not already!).

Fear is nothing to do with this issue. It is about refusing to bow down to the stupidity and backwardness of Islamic laws. If any one is fearful it is you with your ‘support sheria’ attitude. The next time there is a pro sheria law march I will point it out to you so you can faithfully attend with your emergency supply of kneepads and mouthwash.

PS: Next time think twice before unnecessarily insulting users of this bored. I will wipe you and your stinking posts all over the place then you will have more reason to lament.

Guest fordcapri

im with fordcapri on this one. I would vote BNP, as I know they wont get into power, but just to show the govt that poeple are annoyed with the way they have let so many bogus asylum seeking muslims into the UK.

I would rather live wiv BNP under power that under Sharia law anyday.

today it would be much harder to live under sharia than it was in the past, for our forefathers as the media, radio, tv would be shoving it down our throats as well as bomb threats from psycho muslims

Thats my point its a protest vote, if Labour see Sikhs voteing BNP, they will have to think somethings is up.

Labour dont do much about Islamicfication of the UK cos they dont want to loose muslim votes.

ps fordcapri dont be worried speak to the reporter , let him know how many of us feel, ring him from a 141 number

Wanted me to go down to West Midlands BBC, not happening.

May consider an on the phone/email interview.

Calm down Paneer Monster....Its only a message board.

I'll give you a good tip on calming down though geezer.....at least giving the impression of being calm ; Go down 2 font sizes and change the colour of the writing to black :cool:

black ey? i think if i posted in pea grean with additional stars and moons in a shimmering effect you would be more delighted and supportive.

wow! no insults - great you are beginning to understand. welldone. no come back at all. like i said... no ground to stand on.

dont flatter yourself either, lengthy posts, navy blue and bold text has been my tradmark way before you came sniffing around here with your taliban nostrils. my previous posts support this.

^

Jolly good then Paneer Monster. Thats sorted then. In fact I'll take a leaf out of your book and make my trademark the century gothic font. And seeing I'm apparently a taliban I better make islamic green my trademark. and just to give you a little bit of grief I'll not only start my last sentence with an 'and', I'll even start it with a small 'a', and I'll end the sentence with a comma,