Bssf On Babbu Maan’s Album, “singh Is Better Than King”

B.S.S.F

maan.jpg

The British Sikh Student Federation comes out in support of Babbu Maan for his latest religious album, “Singh is better than King.” The manner in which the whole issue has been blown out of proportion and hijacked for vested interests is all too common with the Sikh nation. The Main Song that was brought into controversy, “IK Baba Nanak Si” directly attacked and exposed the wrong-doings of fake “Baba’s” as well as attacked the practice of VIP treatment that many “Baba’s” use in India, especially Punjab.

Surprisingly, whilst most people took the attack of fake “Gurudom” to be upon the likes of Rapist Saadh’s Ram Rahim (Sirsa), Ashutosh (Normahelleya) and Bhanyariwala. A must respected and venerated Sikh Preacher; Sant Baba Ranjit Singh Ji Dhandrianwale took personal exception to this particular song and even went to the extent of calling Babbu Maan a “Roda Poda” i.e. a person with cut hair. A question that must arise in all minds is how a “Roda Poda” would be interested in becoming a Saabat Surooat Sikh if those that already are, abuse and offend them?

The British Sikh Student Federation fully supports the mission of genuine Preacher’s who have taken up the responsibility of holding large samagams and initiating many thousands into the Khalsa Fold however at the same time are dead against any person who abuses the prestigious position of a Sikh Preacher.

Babbu Maan did not directly attack any Sikh Sant or Baba but he has been attacked by many till date. In regards to “Kar Seva” there have been numerous cases of Kar Seva Wale Baba’s being accused or caught out for pocketing some of the donations or using cheap materials for the construction of Gurdwara’s whilst filling cost sheets with “pumped up” figures. The reconstruction of Sri Akal Thakt Sahib by Former Jathedar of Buddha Dal, Jathedar Santa Singh after Operation Bluestar in June 1984 is an all too well known example which led to his exclusion from the Sikh Nation shortly afterwards, though he was re-accepted back into the Sikh Nation.

It is also interesting to note that the other songs on the album were not “examined” in anyway and in fact the second song “marrno mool” received a better response from the Sikh Youth than the problem song of “IK Baba Nanak Si”

The British Sikh Student Federation would like to request the Sikh Youth to support this effort by purchasing a legal copy and at the same time would request other influential personalities to use their “hold” over the youth to promote the Sikh Faith in a positive way.

Harinder Singh

Media Secretary

British Sikh Student Federation

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also think the issue has become exaggerated and a proxy for other people's battles.

Anyway, I don't understand why people are being encouraged to give money to Babbu Mann. Isn't the fact that people give money to S. Dhadrianwale the very reason that his detractors are upset? Also, if Babbu Mann is kurban to the Panth, shouldn't he be encouraging people to share the album on peer to peer networks?

Finally, will we be able to get a breakdown on how the proceeds from this album will be spent in the same way that S. Dhadrianwale invited the sangat to form a committee to investigate the accounts at Gurdwara Parmeshar Duar?

I'm not trying to bring down Mann, but rather trying to get people who are making him out to be a saviour to think.

Anyway, I don't understand why people are being encouraged to give money to Babbu Mann. Isn't the fact that people give money to S. Dhadrianwale the very reason that his detractors are upset? Also, if Babbu Mann is kurban to the Panth, shouldn't he be encouraging people to share the album on peer to peer networks?

Finally, will we be able to get a breakdown on how the proceeds from this album will be spent in the same way that S. Dhadrianwale invited the sangat to form a committee to investigate the accounts at Gurdwara Parmeshar Duar?

I'm not trying to bring down Mann, but rather trying to get people who are making him out to be a saviour to think.

There is very little money in making albums these days, Babbu Mann admitted himself in an interview that this album (like othrs) was going to be spread by MP3. Also not 100% sure if this is still the case but a while back Dhadrianwala had an exclusive contract with t-series (or some other VCD churner) and his chele used to stop people in India filming his programs (so t-series could have exclusives). So shall we ask him to do the same and break all his contracts and put all his recordings in the public domain?

I think you should think yourself before trying to get other people to think. Mr Mann does not spread a huge chaddar for offerings next to Guru Mahraj to seek money on the basis of his community work. Dhadrianwala does collect from the sangat so let him produce independently audited accounts rather than grandstanding on stage asking people to form committees knowing full well they will not do so. If some mortal said he wanted to see his accounts and visited his dera can you imagine all his shills wanting to string the person alive for daring to question the integrity of their baba ji.

Also lets have moranwali the wife deserter also put all his recordings in the public domain.

Jokers!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone really thinks they are a voice of authority.

LOL. We went through the Behzti play, Beadbi of Guru Saroops at banqueting halls, 7 saroops destroyed in a Gurdwara fire, insults towards Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji and all them various federations, them jathebhandi, that dal khalsa uk couldn't utter a word.....but now there's no stopping anyone....even the BSSF have opinions...woah...Babbu Maan has woken the sleeping panth....everyone can now "legitimise" their grieviences with Baba Ranjit Singh by hiding behind Babbu Maan's songs...

yeah gogogo support singers, who are destroying sikhi culture - but as for my opion on this, i think this is just plain stupid for any gursikh to say this is right, Babbu MANN is pointing out fingers on "EVERYONE" rather then just those Fake sants/baba's, Most sikh preachers will get offended by what Babbu mann has said, cause simply he put everyone under 1 roof.

answer me a questions 'B.S.S.F'

is it right to blame every sikh preacher? specially when it comes from a person like Babbu Mann??? who is a druggist and he does not REPRESENT SIKHI OR GURSIKH is any way. In Fact he is destroying our sikhi, he portrays a diff image of a sikh/punjabi.

Maybe i would of supported Babu Mann if he would of have named those baba's in his songs, but what he did is disgusting ! - Such songs only develops feuds within our communities and it is hindus who are enjoying all da drama. Instead of being ONE and getting wht belongs to as, we are so freaking sepreated and point fingers at each other.

It like 2 cat found a food and they fighting for it, but a monkey comes and takes it

OgAAAA-VVBkRKK6ZE9zJvCeScm1xZh9hv6bfrgYhc7zYS5Zfvkvo-64JWozlmGPhHUqT8dmAzeLwftO5xr9JT1GeCJMAm1T1UBlwvSD6mTY6OxNknTjep8yhKx5k.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRVuSY75w5g

Like what Sardar Tarsem Singh Moranwali have said a sikh pracher deserve to be respected and why cant a sikh preacher have a royaltey? do they dont derserve to buy new cars? or have special VIP access? while ppl like Babbu Mann who buy new car every other year and lives in luxery and in matter of fact, he also has "VIP access".

Why do we have to treat our preacher like <banned word filter activated>? and at same time we can be paying couples of thousand pounds to ppl like Babbu Mann to do a few hour show???, but when it come to paying a preacher, who is showing the path, which leads to guru, we try to minimise our "Budget".

Please grow up and dont support such act. I am sorry if i offended anyone.

You support an album of guy who talks about alcohol and girls in his other songs. This what Sikhs are like now nowadays, people who do good for the panth get cussed, one guy who puts youth on the wrong path makes one album about Sikhi and everyone loves him.

You support an album of guy who talks about alcohol and girls in his other songs. This what Sikhs are like now nowadays, people who do good for the panth get cussed, one guy who puts youth on the wrong path makes one album about Sikhi and everyone loves him.

Exactly - Why do ppl feel jealous if our preachers have good cars or life? - Cannot they not enjoy the Lifestyle???, Being a Gursikh, does dis mean i cant have new phones/cars/house? cause there so much poverty around me??? i just heard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JC5DAy7aqc&NR=1 - dis stupid person.

Who has no clue on what he is saying, I am tired of ppl saying "we are sikh from inside", I like to reply to that, being a "Roda Phoda" is one thing, but insulting our preachers is another thing !

Again in that movie he talking about Money lol, and at same time they can pay 9-10 lakh to Babbu Mann, who could be singing dirty songs? about ur sisters and stuff????

Guest militant singh

Jokers!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone really thinks they are a voice of authority.

LOL. We went through the Behzti play, Beadbi of Guru Saroops at banqueting halls, 7 saroops destroyed in a Gurdwara fire, insults towards Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji and all them various federations, them jathebhandi, that dal khalsa uk couldn't utter a word.....but now there's no stopping anyone....even the BSSF have opinions...woah...Babbu Maan has woken the sleeping panth....everyone can now "legitimise" their grieviences with Baba Ranjit Singh by hiding behind Babbu Maan's songs...

i cn confirm tht dal khalsa uk emailed boris & all da relevant ppl regaridng 7 saroopz