Are Orthodox Sikhs Permitted To Eat Meat?

harjsingh2009

Yes there is a 1980 edict from the Akal Takht which clarifies the issue of meat. As long as it is jhatka then eat what you want.

In Pakistan the Sikhs untouched by the RSS inspired propaganda contnue to practice Jatka. It is only in India that the RSS funded 'baba' have been able to brainwash Sikhs into thinking meat eating is a big no no.

I know some of the young blood (and admin who have no real respect for hukumnama issued by panj piare) will claim xyz but watch how they run around to enforce the eat langar on floor hukumnama yet ignore hukumnama like the one on meat as it does not fit in with their brahmin inspired propaganda.

Yes meat is not a very good thing to eat and become vegetarian if you want but do not pretend it is a religious requirement.

have u ever heard of any real sants eating meat?

did any mahaan gursikh ever eat meat?

sant baba jarnail singh

baba nand singh

baba isher singh

baba masthauana sahib waleh

baba gurbachan singh

baba thakur singh

baba puran singh

and the list continues........

Dont eat meat, its all distortion of anti sikhs...in modern day. Guru gobind singh ji mahraj did not eat meat.

This is a question I have had difficulty in getting a straight answer too. Some people say the 10th Guru ate meat, so it is ok.

Do you know what is the case?

... and if we can eat meat, can we eat beef?

there is no such think as unorthodox sikh or orthodox Sikh. There is only Gursikh- those that have taken AMrit from thje hands of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj.

Even if the Panj Pyaarey do not mention this topic it doesnt mean its ok to consume eat. i never heard of Panj Pyaarey encouraging to eat meat. Its common sense not to

eat it so it doesnt need to be discussed.

The whole idea for a religious person to eat meat derives from HIndu Ritualism, and Paganism which the Abrahamic faiths dervived from. Sikhi is a distinct path which strictly forbids eating meat according to Gurbani. Anybody who eats meat is not a Sikh, they do not understand what it means to be committed strictly to Guru Ji. They follow other traditions and their own thinking instead of staying grounded strictly within Gurmat.

Without getting into the meat controversy (which isn't allowed on Sikhsangat.com)

I did want to say you shouldn't want to eat meat. Or roti. Or fruit. Or anything else. The only desire you should have is to follow Guru's hukum. There shouldn't be anything antecedent to that.

If you have a desire to eat meat which overrides your desire to follow hukum, it won't be long before you're eating kutha to satisfy your desire to eat meat.

No matter which jathebandi prepares Amrit, the entire panth agrees that kutha is banned and a bajjer kurehit for a Sikh.

Without getting into the meat controversy (which isn't allowed on Sikhsangat.com)

I did want to say you shouldn't want to eat meat. Or roti. Or fruit. Or anything else. The only desire you should have is to follow Guru's hukum. There shouldn't be anything antecedent to that.

If you have a desire to eat meat which overrides your desire to follow hukum, it won't be long before you're eating kutha to satisfy your desire to eat meat.

No matter which jathebandi prepares Amrit, the entire panth agrees that kutha is banned and a bajjer kurehit for a Sikh.

That is such a ridiculous response. I know many sikhs who have eaten meat for decades.... and no one has eaten kutha meat!!