Ragi Darshan Singh Declared Tankhaiya

The following report clears things up so Ragi needs to understand the process he is just playing games.

Akal Takht declares Ragi tankhiya

Yudhvir Rana, TNN 6 December 2009

AMRITSAR: Former jathedar of Akal Takht, professor Darshan Singh Ragi, was declared tankhiya (guilty of religious misconduct) on Saturday by five

high priests after he failed to appear at the Akal Takht secretariat to submit a clarification for his “objectionable remarks” against the 10th Sikh master, Guru Gobind Singh.

Warning of more stringent action, including excommunication from Sikh panth, the Sikh clergy gave Ragi a month’s ultimatum to appear before it and accept tankha (religious punishment).

Ragi arrived with a handful of supporters around 10.30 am, paid obeisance at the Golden Temple, sat in front of the Akal Takht building for nearly two hours, placed a copy of his clarification in front of the Guru Granth Sahib at the Akal Takht and left from Khazana Deori gate, leaving the five high priests waiting for him at the secretariat, around 60 feet away.

“In the past, religious cases were heard at Darshani Deori, Jhandae Bungae and even on the second floor of the Akal Takht but after construction of the secretariat, religious cases are heard here,” said jathedar of Akal Takht Giani Gurbachan Singh, while refusing to acknowledge Ragi’s clarification.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The following report clears things up so Ragi needs to understand the process he is just playing games.

Akal Takht declares Ragi tankhiya

Yudhvir Rana, TNN 6 December 2009

AMRITSAR: Former jathedar of Akal Takht, professor Darshan Singh Ragi, was declared tankhiya (guilty of religious misconduct) on Saturday by five

high priests after he failed to appear at the Akal Takht secretariat to submit a clarification for his "objectionable remarks" against the 10th Sikh master, Guru Gobind Singh.

Warning of more stringent action, including excommunication from Sikh panth, the Sikh clergy gave Ragi a month's ultimatum to appear before it and accept tankha (religious punishment).

Ragi arrived with a handful of supporters around 10.30 am, paid obeisance at the Golden Temple, sat in front of the Akal Takht building for nearly two hours, placed a copy of his clarification in front of the Guru Granth Sahib at the Akal Takht and left from Khazana Deori gate, leaving the five high priests waiting for him at the secretariat, around 60 feet away.

"In the past, religious cases were heard at Darshani Deori, Jhandae Bungae and even on the second floor of the Akal Takht but after construction of the secretariat, religious cases are heard here," said jathedar of Akal Takht Giani Gurbachan Singh, while refusing to acknowledge Ragi's clarification.

Ragi is not alone in confronting sikhs. he has a public realtions team who preapres propaganda stuff.

He has already distorted above line of the statement and says that if they changed venue in the past why not now.

He is a shameless fellow without any morals.

http://www.ptinews.com/news/411039_I-will-prefer-to-be-ex-communicated--Darshan-Singh

Ludhiana, Dec 6 (PTI) Prof Darshan Singh, who was declared "Tankhaiya" by the Akal Takht, today said he would prefer to be ex-communicated rather than undergo the punishment awarded by the Sikh clergy.

Talking to reporters here, he, however, affirmed the Akal Takht, the highest temporal seat of the Sikhs, "is a supreme authority".

The former Akal Takht Jathedar said the decision to award him the religious punishment was one-sided as his views were not taken into account.

"I was there (at the Akal Takht). But they wanted me to go to a room and give my side of the story. I will never give importance to a room when I believe in the supremacy of the Takht," he said.

Yesterday, the Akal Takht declared Darshan Singh 'Tankhaiya' (guilty of religious misconduct) for his alleged blasphemous remarks against revered Guru Gobind Singh in the United States recently.

Tankhaiya Ragi's hate campaign against Sri Dasam Granth continues, he claims " I have always stated that Dasam Granth was a bigger version of Bachhittar Natak that was always hated by the Sikhs". An utter lie this guy does not know when to stop he is an insult to Shaheeds of the Panth who recited Dasam Bani .......he should take a lesson from Shaheed Darshan Singh in Ludhiana.

Prof Darshan Singh says no to tankha

Kanchan Vasdev

Tribune News Service

pb2.jpgLudhiana, December 6

Former Akal Takht Jathedar Prof Darshan Singh said today that he would not undergo tankha even if he was excommunicated by the Sikh high priests.

He was declared tankhaiya by the high priests yesterday after he was held guilty in a case pertaining to his alleged blasphemous remarks against Guru Gobind Singh during his discourse at a Rochester (US) gurdwara.

Stating that the religious edict was passed against him without listening to his side of story, Prof Darshan Singh said he had not said anything against the 10th guru and he was his true Sikh.

He said he appeared before Akal Takht yesterday but the clergy wanted him to appear in the Sikh secretariat.

"When Akal Takht is a supreme authority then why should I go to a room and give my point of view? I will never give any value to a room when I believe in the supremacy of Akal Takht. I was there yesterday but they did not turn up there," he said.

Stating that he valued the tenets of the Sikhism and could never insult the 10th guru, Prof Darshan Singh said he was against some chapters in Dasam Granth, which was being promoted as the second guru after Guru Granth Sahib.

"I have always stated that Dasam Granth was a bigger version of Bachhittar Natak that was always hated by the Sikhs. Now, people do not have time to read Dasam Granth and the clergy is trying that itgets acceptance among the people.

"I will never let this happen and I will never cease to be a Sikh," he said.

The former Jathedar also said he would appear before Akal Takht on January 7. "But that does not mean they can keep on summoning me again and again. I will go there but not in the secretariat. Whatever decision they take, it is their will," he added.