Question On Organ Donning

BhaiSukhSingh

VaheGuruJeKaKhalsaVaheGuruJeKeFetah

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=9S_GUy5ovqo

u all probaly heard bout the above video on the news but i just heared the woman Julie she request was to donate her organs to others that needed them and this got me thinking as Sikhs we believe that this body is useless to use in the next life.

So when we die should we not donate our organs to people that need them as we will not need the body no more and also someone that needs organs to live we can help them just wanted to know acording to Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj r we allowed to donate our organs during life(i think this may not be coz we are haming our body) or are we even aloud to after we die

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=9S_GUy5ovqo

u all probaly heard bout the above video on the news but i just heared the woman Julie she request was to donate her organs to others that needed them and this got me thinking as Sikhs we believe that this body is useless to use in the next life.

So when we die should we not donate our organs to people that need them as we will not need the body no more and also someone that needs organs to live we can help them just wanted to know acording to Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj r we allowed to donate our organs during life(i think this may not be coz we are haming our body) or are we even aloud to after we die

y not. its only a temprary vehicle of the soul.once your done using it, y not give it to those in need.

I plan to donate every part my body that can be usedby someone else

Many Mahapurakhs attached to the older Samparaday do Jal Parava of their bodies. When they leave their bodies their bodies are placed in the river by Gurdwara Bhagur Sahib, which is about 45 mins From Takht Sri keshgarh sahib Anandpur Sahib towards nangal Dam. The idea is that their flesh is to be of use to the fish and organisms that live in the water as food rather than be cremated and be of no use.

Baba Karam Singh hoti mardan wale, Baba Jawala Singh harkhowaley, Baba Attar Singh reru sahib wale, Baba Isher Singh rara sahib wala and Baba Kishan singh rara sahib wala are some of the well known mahapursh’s of the 20th Century whose bodies went through Jal Parva as described above. I think this is a good example that organ donation exists in Sikhi ithaas.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Whenever i hear such stupid superstitions floating about, I feel so blessed that I am Guruji's sikh. Sikhi is a very practical religion and has no place for stupid, illogical practices like these.

Gurfateh Jeo

is that ur opinion or can u back it up where organ doenning is not permitted with a shabad ?????

I don't think any body can really back anything up with a shabad that specifically says "donate organs or don't donate organs."

So, the following is just an opinion.

The reason that Christians and Muslims may be wary of donating is because they believe that their bodies will be resurrected on the day of Judgement. (Granted, many don't believe that anymore, but that is the basis for those that do.)

Sikhs, on the other hand, do not believe that bodies will get resurrected like this. Once the soul leaves the body, that's it. (I guess that may be why Guru Sahib said it won't matter to the dead person whether you bury him or let dog's eat him.)

So, in that sense, it may be seen as acceptable not to leave the body intact.

I don't think that you can say there is a hukum to always donate your body, either, though.