68 places of pilgramage???

dasan das, in a response to your question about ath sath tirath, yes, ath sath tirath is all the rivers, ganges etc etc etc.

but we dont believe in that.

naam is ath sath tirath, as said in the hukamnama. satpreet, you have alot of pyaar for maharaj is all i can say.

what u mean "ath sath tirath is all the rivers"?

Ath is 8

Suth is 60

These 68 places of pilgrimages are located on the banks of rivers ganges n yamna. As for their specific locations i do not know.

• 1 month later...

guess what pplz...

I already had the list :cool:

It's in punjabi though, that's why lately I've been trying to search for it online so I could match it and also get the spellings of these places in English.

It's in this old book called Katha Updesh Saagar, by Giani Bhagat Singh ji (Khalsa High School). Parkashk (what's that I dunno) is Bhai Partap Singh (and) Pritam Singh. Published in March 1951. The book covers 182 topics of Gurmat and Sikhi.

I guess since this book is old not many pplz have a copy of it these days. Well...I'll try to translate the punjabi into english as best I can. Say what, how bout you guys correct the spelling of the place if you know it? alright? thanx. ^_^

Here it goes then, the list of the 68 places considered the most important for Hindus to go on pilgrimage:

1. Kashmir Mandal

2. Katakh, aka Kataas

3. Jalandar Peeth

4. Kurkhetar, dist. Karnaal

5. Mayapuri, dist. Sahaaranpur

6. Dev Paryag

7. Gangotri

8. Kedarnath

9. Badrinath

10. Nand Paryag

11. Kanav Paryag

12. Aad Badri

13. Sambhal vill. Muradabad

14. Brij Bhoomi, dist. Mathura, in Uttar Pradesh

15. Nemkhaarn Sutki gadhi

16. Bithoor

17. Paryag Raj

18. Chitar Koot

19. Ayodhia Puri

20. Pulhaasram, vill. Rirri

21. Mukt Nath

22. Damodar Kund

23. Nepal Pasupat

24. Janak Pur

25. Kashi Banaras

26. Gomti

27. Bisva mitar ka yogyasthan, vill. Bakhtsar

28. Bhirgoo's aashram where Ganga and Sarjoo rivers meet at Bhojpur

29. where Son Bhadar meets Ganga river at Serpur

30. where Gandki and Ganga rivers meet in Har Harkhetar at Patna Sahib

31. Gaya

32. Kaamaakhi, aka Kaamkhya in Kavroo Des

33. Ganga Saagar Kapal Rikhi's sthaan (place)

34. Betrani river in Gaya at Janjhpur

35. Jagan Nath Puri Bhuvneshvar Shiv

36. Aadi Koorm where Kach became avtaar

37. Ramtirath, dist. Amritsar

38. Padamnabh

39. Sri Nar Singhin Singhachal

40. Gaya's padam sthaan at Padgaya

41. Sapat Saagar, vill. Selangi, where becoming (?) sat (7?) dhara Godavri meets in Saagar (?)

42. Bashisht Saagar

43. Krishna Saagar milaap, near Machli Bandar

44. Panna Nar Singh Aadha (the Devta who drinks sharbat)

45. Bhundeer Mandar

46. Sri Rangdik in Chol Des

47. Setu Bandh Rameshvar

48. in Pand Des approximately 18 places which are Bhagvaan's sthaans

49. Malyavaar (Maalaabaar) Des

50. Kiskandha (Baali's rajdhani)

51. Pandarpur, Bitthal's asthaan (this is mentioned in Bhagat Namdev's bani where he refers to Krishan as Beetthal as Bhagat Pundrik did, SGGS ji page 874 & 485)

52. Panchbati where Ram Chandar chops (?) the nose of Soopankha(n) (?)

53. Taryambak Jyoti

54. where Taapi river meets in the saagar (dunno what that is) at Dumas Gram

55. where Narbada river meets the ocean at vill. Labhaaraa.

56. Parbhaas Khetar

57. Sudama Puri (Bhagat Sudama's place)

58. Madhav Pur

59. where Gomti river meets the ocean (where Duvaarika drowned)

60. Bet Duvaarika Ramnak Deep (where Bhagat Peepa jumped (chhal mari si))

61. Narayan sarovar in Kach Des, Kooteshvar Maha Dev (?)

62. Revtgir, aka Girnaar parbat

63. Bindusar in Sidh Pur Gram

64. Pushkar tirath

65. Lohaagar

66. Ujjain

67. Onkar

68. Hinglaj

So these are the 68 places considered the most important to visit for Hind

us. Gurbani says that ath sath tirath is that place where Waheguru's pyare are living, whether that is at a tirath or in the home ("ath sath tirath jah sadh pug dhareh, tah bekunth jah nam oojreh" Ramkali mohila 5, page 890).

Where ever Waheguru's pyare walk that place is a tirath. Also, one who helps a poor person, that is also the equivalent of ath sath tirath ("ath sath tirath sagal pun daya parvaan" Barmaha majh, mohila 5, page 136).

The "mahatam " of doing Waheguru da Naam japna is more vishesh than going to ath sath tirath, as Bhai Gurdaas ji says in his Kabit bani from "jese ath sath tirath paras keeye jug chaar charriyo kelaas reho..." to "...phun amrit nam vishesh etee jin ek baar shri waheguru keho."

Those who have Waheguru in their hirday (I guess "heart") they are always ath sath tirath ishnaani. If one goes on a tirath with "kapat" in their heart, then bathing in the waters of a tirath is unfruitful for that person.See Bhagat Kabeer ji's bani page 656 from "hirday kapat mukh giani..." to "...bhav saagar taar muraari."

-------------------------------------------

I tried my best with the above translation...if I made a mistake with the spelling of something, please correct me. I've been looking for this for so long, and I end up finding it in a book I had at home all this time. :wub:

I'm gonna see if there's a scanner at school, then I'll send it to someone who offers to get it posted here so ya'll can see all of the above in punjabi. Plus you'll understand what it's saying about #48 or others I put (?) on. If there's no scanner at school then it will have to wait till the Fall semester starts ;) @

Bhul chuk maph...

simran=ath sath tirath.

however, i remember listening to katha one, that if one ever goes here they will wsh off 1 part dirt on their skin, but will get 3 parts filth on the inside (ego).

the symbolism of darbar sahib is unique, have ishnaan on the outside (and bathe in the sarover sahib), and then have a bath on the inside and listen to the shabad going on. so even if one gets haumai by bathing in the sarover, this haomai will be killed if you listen to the shabad. have a bath on the outside, tha have a bath on the inside.

but seriously, ath sath tirath is really big journey, how many have ever accomplished it?????

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Here are some comments from Mahan Kosh of Bhai Kahan Singh about Ath Sath Teerath.

In the Hindu books there is diagreement about the number of teeraths, some state that there are 22 and others even claim there to be 102 while some state there are 202. In a book called Kapil Tantr these 68 teeraths are given as-;

1. Oankaar

2. Ayodhya

3. Avantika

4. Eravatti

5. Shattar

6. Saraswati

7. Saryu

8. Sindhu

9. Shipra

10 Shoan

11. Shrishaillo

12. Shri Rang

13. Hardwar

14. Kapilmochan

15. Kapilodhak

16. Kashi

17. Kanchi

18. Kalanjar

19. Cauveri

20. Kurukshetra

21. Kedarnath

22. Koshiki

23. Gaya

24. Gokaran

25. Godavari

26. Gomti

27. Goverdhan

28. Ganga Sagar

29. Gandka

30. Gharghara

31. Charmanvati

32. Chitarkoot

33. Chanderbhaga

34. Jagannath

35. Jvalamukhi

36. Tapti

37. Tamarparni

38. Tungbhadara

39. Dashashvmedh

40. Dishadvati

41. Dwarka

42. Dhara

43. Narmada

44. Nagtirath

45. Naimis

46. Pushkar

47. Prayag-triveni junction

48. Prikudak

49. Badri Narayan

50. Bhadeshwar

51. Bhimeshvar

52. Brigutang

53. Mahakal

54. Mahabodh

55. Mathura

56. Manosarowar

57. Mayapuri

58. Mandakini

59. Yamuna

60. Rameswar

61. Vitsatta

62. Vindhya

63. Vipash

64. Vimleshwar

65. Vena

66. Vetarvati

67. Veshnavi

68. Vedyanath

Most of the places seem to be rivers ( Sindhu- Indus, Eravatti, Sarasvati, Ganga, Yamuna, ) or places on rivers ( Kashi, Kedarnath, Hardwar ) or near the sea or places where lakes are located. (

Rameswar, Puskhar, Manosarowar )

To read the original check the following url

http://www.ik13.com/download/mahankosh.pdf

and scroll down to last entry on page 217

GurFateh

Bikramjit Singh

Bikramjit Singh ji,

now you got me all lost on the topic :wub:

I can't believe there's different lists out there, lol. rolleyes.gif

this is crazy. :cool: well, it's not like I'm gonna go to any of these places, it was juz interesting stuff to know I guess...

well theres like 30 million hindu gods so theres gotta be disagreement on where to get "purified"

I got the pages scanned at school (had to copy in my handwriting so if it's not readable, then sorry my handwriting sucks blush.gif ) and Vicky Singh got em uploaded on his server (I guess that's what it's called tongue.gif . Thanks Vicky ^_^

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Now ya'll can read the names properly that you didn't understand what the heck I translated and all the ones I put ? marks on before :wub:

ps- enlarge the picture, don't strain your eyes :e: