Question bout attack on Golden Temple

:wub: ummmm....I have a little problem, I have this buddy who isn't really very understanding person bout what happened in 1984. He knows all bout it but he kinda thinks that Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindrawale shouldn't have picked the Golden Temple as his main base to fight the Indian army. He says that Bhindrawale had his own gurdwara (I mean he had it built, or it was famous cuz of him). But instead of picking his gurdwara as his main base he chose Golden Temple, so because of him Golden Temple underwent much destruction. If he was not there, it might not have been so brutally destroyed.

ummmm...so anybody wanna give some insight as to why Bhindrawale ji chose to confront the army at Golden Temple instead of any other gurdwara? :)

tongue.gif :

thanx. I gotta make this person have some sympathy and emotion.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

indira ghandhi did not plan this in a few months she planned this a long time ago before sant ji woz known alot. they tryed to tell the public 'they tryed to flash out the millitants' and also as veerji has told us why did they attack 30 other gurdware. sant ji was not there.

Sat Sri Akal:

1) It is the right of every Sikh to bear arms without any restriction. Even Gandhi recognized it.

2) Every human being has the right to go to Harmandir Sahib. Sant Jarnail Singh was a human.

3) Every Sikh considers it his/her duty to protect Gurudwaras, the Guru Granth Sahib, the Sadh Sangat, and their own dignity if it is threatened. Sant Jarnail Singh knew that the Army would be coming for an attack, so he prepared its defenses (it is said that Sant Ji was able to obtain a radio transmitter fixed onto the frequency of the Indian Army and knew their plans fo attacking).

4) The Army, under the orders of the Prime Minister, came as the aggressor to Harimandir Sahib and was the first to fire upon Harimandir Sahib, the devotees and the Sikhs. Rather than being protectors of Indian citizens, the Army was given orders to shoot and kill Sikhs as if they were a foreign army.

5) According to the beliefs of Sikhism, a Sikh does not start a fight and is never the aggressor. But if it is started, the Sikh is within his/her right to finish it and engage in combat like a lion the Guru Sahib made the Sikhs.

Now, where did Sant Jarnail Singh and the Shaheed Sikhs with him go wrong according to the list above?

Now, where did Sant Jarnail Singh and the Shaheed Sikhs with him go wrong according to the list above?

they didnt.

the army is under the command of the president. Gaini Zail Singh (the president of the time) signed for the attack to go ahead. a giani and a singh doing that to his own religion. ohmy.gif

Why didn't army try any other method first before attacking Golden temple???If there aim was to 'flush out' the millitants then why didn't they try other peaceful methods first?

The answer is simple: They were there, just to attack golden temple.They had preprations of over 2-3 years on fake golden temple models somewhere in UP,India. There are many many facts which clearly indicates that their purpose was to attack golden temple thats it.

There were many other gurdwaras which were attacked, and theres photographs of children lying dead on the floor in other gurdwaras...Im sure they were terrorists also.

It's as simple as this, Rajiv Gandhi even proved that what his mom did was wrong. Operation Black Thunder I and II took place in 1986 and 1988 respectively (correct me if im wrong).

In both of these operations, "Sikh militants" had taken over the Golden Temple complex again, but this time, Rajiv Gandhi negiotiated deals which took several months but finally reached a conclusion. The Temple was not harmed in any way, and all the arms were taken out of the complex.

Also, Post 1984 was a much harder situation then the one Indira faced with Bhindranwale. Most of the Khalistanis came out when news of the sikh massacres across the south asian subcontinent broke out.

Rajiv Gandhi handled the Khalistani militants fairly well in 1988. One of the deals that he signed was for the release of Sikh Youth from jails held for unknown reasons after 1984, for the forfeit of all arms that were held by the militants in the Golden Temple. (Actually I think it may have been the SGPC president who signed the deal at that time)

But the way Gandhi handled his situations with militans is so much more easier and relaxed. Do half of us even know Operation Black Thunder I and II existed? No, because Rajiv handled them properly. What Indira did was crazy and ridiculous, and we'll never forget it.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

natsilahk u do speak truth about rajiv ghandhi handling of the operations but what he said after his mothers assasinations will never be forgotten because he could have stopped the delhi riots but he carried them on! :wub: @ the delhi riots movie made by bollywood was not good at all but the scenes of the riots had made a real change to me and make me feel like doing this :g :v to all the people who raped our sisters and mothers !!!!!!!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Sant Giani Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale....in the Hazuri (presence) of SatGuru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj, asked the SANGAT. What is your decision?? Where should I stay?? The Sangat chose for Sant Ji to remain in Akal Takhat Sahib and stay there. It was the HUKAM of the Sangat. SatGuru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj says the HUKAM of the SANGAT is the HUKAM of AKAL PURKH. Where at least 5 GurSikhs are present, that is equal to PARMESAR.

Therefore, it was NOT Sant Ji's decision to stay in Sri Akal Takhat Sahib, it was the Sangat's Hukam.

bhul chuk maaf karo Ji.