Volunteering In Punjab?

harsimran kaur

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa, vaheguru ji ki fateh!

I'm thinking of going to Punjab next summer for 2-3 months, and i'm wondering where i could stay and what i could do there. I would like to know if there are some sikh organizations that have volunteering opportunities in Punjab, especially something agriculturally or environmentally related would be cool, or maybe some gursikh-run organic farm that would be willing to take volunteer workers. Though something else would be okay too. Alternatively, are there some Gursikh communities where i could stay and do seva and learn more about sikhi?

Any information would be appreciated. I've been wanting to go to Punjab for so many years and i'm hoping that it would come true this year, with Guru's kirpaa. smile.gif

I'm thinking of going to Punjab next summer for 2-3 months, and i'm wondering where i could stay and what i could do there. I would like to know if there are some sikh organizations that have volunteering opportunities in Punjab, especially something agriculturally or environmentally related would be cool, or maybe some gursikh-run organic farm that would be willing to take volunteer workers. Though something else would be okay too. Alternatively, are there some Gursikh communities where i could stay and do seva and learn more about sikhi?

Any information would be appreciated. I've been wanting to go to Punjab for so many years and i'm hoping that it would come true this year, with Guru's kirpaa. smile.gif

Khalsa AId has a volunteer thing.

http://www.khalsaaid.org/volunteer.html

how old are u and where will u be living in punjab and are u willing to live in camps outside punjab there will a free medical camp at hazzor sahib for a month but in june i m not sure but there are free medical camps often at gurpurabs in gurudwaras keep an eye on them ...

Khalsa AId has a volunteer thing.

http://www.khalsaaid.../volunteer.html

Khalsa aid is a good organization.Due to ignorance they have tie up with Gurmat Gian Missioanry college in Punjab.

Gurmat gian missionary college is promoter of kala afghana thought and is the main anti panthic organization. i will not

recomemnd to work for anti sikh organization.

Pingalwara is the best . There is a school for orphans called yatimkhana at Amritsar.That is also good place to work.

Volunteer yatimkhana but make sure you know someone who can help you out in volunteering process as mostly indians are not used to with "volunteer" concept. However, Pingalwara is very much famous in getting volunteers (both sikh and non-sikh) from all over...

I know there is this organization who only take cares of blind girls (like yateemkhana but for girls only) and they only allow accept girls to go inside the building (either visitin or volunteering).

No matter where you go.. just make sure to have someone with you (either relative or cousin).. for safety reason..