Garlic In Langar

singh_1983

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is this something worth arguing over? lol.

In simple terms, if you eat garlic, you will smell and affect the concentration of those around you. The smell of garlic cooking also travels far and is really pungent. Hardly a good atmosphere for doing bhagti.

That is true and the only reason why garlic and onions are being discouraged during puraatan times. If you are going to see some important person or to attend important meeting, would you eat garlic/onion? No right? Exact same with purataan time.. singhs and kaurs were constantly doing naam jaap in the hazoori of guru sahibs and to them eating garlic is not recommended.

Saad Sangat Ji,

Garlic is Prohibited in Sikhism bcz as per History Records Garlic originated from Kaamdhenu Cow's Blood(cow goddess) when one of the King tried to steal Kamdhenu from Saints(Kaamdhenu is only accessible to Saints, Mahapursh), When Kamdhenu tried to Protect herself from that King, SHe fled upwards to Inderlok. King shot first arrow and hit the cow's Ear from where Tobacco originated and 2nd arrow hit the foot of Kamdhenu from where Garlic originated. Therefore Guru Gobind SIngh ji told to avoid Garlic and Tobbaco.

OMG for a second i thought i was on hindusangat.com :lol:

this has to be the funniest thing i have read in a while.

oh thats another problem we have, that katha can help cure, thinking we know everything for ourselves and not beliveing wat mahapursh have to say.

and how are you supposed to get bibek buddi without listeing to katha..........?

Could please explain why today Sikhs from Our Panth Eat Meat Even though When Meat is Not served/Allowed in Guru Langar in Any of the Gurudwaras.

I think you people should read that sakhi from Suraj Prakash(Guru Gobind SIngh ji) when Maharajji Burnt one of Masand in Hot Oil for Keeping A prostitute with him, Eating Meat, Taking Dasvand from Poor Gurusikh in the name of Gurukar.

Please goto Youtube and Look for Vishnupuran and watch the Prasuram Avtar Episodes, There you will find the Record of Kamdhenu and Garlic.

Also I have Heard of this sakhi from One of the Sant Mahpursh in punjab.

ਕਬੀਰ ਸਾਕਤੁ ਐਸਾ ਹੈ ਜੈਸੀ ਲਸਨ ਕੀ ਖਾਨਿ ॥Kabeer, the faithless cynic is like a piece of garlic.

ਕੋਨੇ ਬੈਠੇ ਖਾਈਐ ਪਰਗਟ ਹੋਇ ਨਿਦਾਨਿ ॥੧੭॥Even if you eat it sitting in a corner, it becomes obvious to everyone. ||17||

And please DOnot ask How many Hindus are here in this Forum. It doesnot matter to Sikhism. Vasu Bardwaj who was Hindu was cured from Severe Cancer beacause He listened to Gurubani and I donot Think So Gurubani asked him 'You are Hindu, You wouldnot be CUred' Awal Allah Noor Upaya Kudrat ke sab Bande.