kara

SSB

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I know this is a off-topic. But I have a question about kara...

Does it say anywhere in SGGS which hand one should wear their kara? On the left hand or the right hand.. or doesn't it matter on which hand you wear your kara.

I believe that the Kara should be worn in your dominant hand (if you only wear one, which is ok)

To Manjot Singh, there's nothing wrong in only wearing one Kara, as only one was the hukam given to us.. rest and more is optional, but definately good, but as I said, not required..

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fateh Ji.

I just thought that I would mention that I know a Phaji in midlands that makes shastar, I posted a picture of a kirpan he made for me, in case you don't remember ( tongue.gif ), this is what it looks like

56806407.jpg

He's also made me Kara's. One of his design is,

56805149.jpg

He has a lot more designs and makes them out of sarbloh, steel and other metals. Although the prices vary a lot, the kara's are custom made and unique.

Fateh Ji.

I just thought that I would mention that I know a Phaji in midlands that makes shastar, I posted a picture of a kirpan he made for me, in case you don't remember ( tongue.gif ), this is what it looks like

56806407.jpg

He's also made me Kara's. One of his design is,

56805149.jpg

He has a lot more designs and makes them out of sarbloh, steel and other metals. Although the prices vary a lot, the kara's are custom made and unique.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Wow jee... those are amazing...

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Answer 2 rsingh's question...A Kara cannot be of steal or gold and must be of SarabLoh as Guru Gobind Singh ji Maharaj himself in his Hukamnama 2 Kabal de Sangat said “SarabLoh da Kara Hath rakhna”…There r many designs 4 karas nowadays including those which r cut in places to make a pattern…I think wrong 2 have such karras…a karra should be simple sarabloh 1..reminding 1 of Guru Gobind Singh ji Maharaj…

Bul Chuk Maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

If anyone goes to New York, you can get them at the Gurdwara at Richmond hill or sometimes a jewler in Jackson Heights has them. I don't know much because mine are from India. But I wanted to post that incase you go to NY and need a kara. By the way, awesome pics!! :wub:

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

does anyone know any place where i can get avareity of sarabloh kara's in southall. BECAUSE my cousin brought me two from amritsar and they have gone small :wub:

Sikh Missionary on Featherstone Road has Sarbloh kara's. Well they did about 6 months ago...