kara

SSB

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Simranees are spose to have 28 beads on them and are used to keep track of simran as equivalnt to a mala which has 108 beads. the simranees done muliple times can get u number of 116 i believe which its 8 more then a mala ..... oh well more simran the better. i also wear one as well.

bhul chuuk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

ohmy.gif Sarabloh is differnet from steel?! ohmy.gif ok i'm a big fool who didn't even know that...

then why are karas made in steel? i think mine is steel one, i'll have to check if it's magnetic but i'm sure it's not. we have like 20 karas probably and i think none of em are sarabloh ohmy.gif

so whats the deal with this? are sarabloh karas juz less common? why hasn't SGPC done something to stop the making of steel karas? i always hear that its supposed to be steel kara (like when i read somewhere bout the 5 k's of sikhi and what they are).

:wub:

"Simranees are spose to have 28 beads on them and are used to keep track of simran as equivalnt to a mala which has 108 beads. the simranees done muliple times can get u number of 116 i believe which its 8 more then a mala ..... oh well more simran the better. i also wear one as well."

keep track of simran? What is meant by that? Also, how does one fit 28-116 beads on their wrist? I have seens long simranees around the Keski before.

bhul chuk maaf

sidenote: SCHOOL IS OVER!!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

keep track of simran? What is meant by that? Also, how does one fit 28-116 beads on their wrist? I have seens long simranees around the Keski before.

bhul chuk maaf

sidenote: SCHOOL IS OVER!!! 

keep track of simran: people like to know they have done this much simran a day as a minimal and have taken out a lil bit of time of their day for naam japna. i have a veerry small wrist.... 2inches across and like and 1 inch top to bottom ..... a 28 bead simranee fits on me. the simranees u are talkin about around the keski are made out of metal .... they can be used as simranees and when the connecting point are deatached they can be shasters.

ur side not for school ending ... mine ended june 9th tongue.gif

BHUL CHUUK MAAF

ohmy.gif Sarabloh is differnet from steel?! ohmy.gif ok i'm a big fool who didn't even know that...

then why are karas made in steel? i think mine is steel one, i'll have to check if it's magnetic but i'm sure it's not. we have like 20 karas probably and i think none of em are sarabloh ohmy.gif

so whats the deal with this? are sarabloh karas juz less common? why hasn't SGPC done something to stop the making of steel karas? i always hear that its supposed to be steel kara (like when i read somewhere bout the 5 k's of sikhi and what they are).

:wub:

real kara are supposed to be sarabloh (Pure iron).. ppls changed and bended the design and elements of kara so that it can suit their needs (aka started wearing steel karray).