Solutions To Turbans And Helmets- The Urban Turban

WJKK WJKF

The concept of a helmet seems like an excellent idea, since nowadays many Sikhs are refused employment based on being unable to adhere to the ‘correct’ safety uniform code. In this way, the helmet as described, would remove such obstacles and allow Sikhs to undertake activities that may have been refused to them before. It is also interesting to learn that Sikhs and the Indo Persian Jang did use to wear protective layers under their dastar, thus maintaining sikhi values/tradition. might be some issues with trying to create a standard size/shape that will fit all head sizes/shapes, but im sure ull be able to sort that out. Hope the project goes well! Great poster work! Good luck

Wjkk wjkf

I think that's it's a very good idea (not that I know this person or anything ;) ) especially for those who find it difficult to get work in industry,etc. This could allow them to live a householders life and still maintain their Khalsa image.

However, I know that some people would prefer olden day methods when in a battle as opposed to modern day techniques. I'm sure that there'll be many different opinions on this particular project!

I think it's a great idea! Go through the patenting before you release your product as I'm sure people will try to copy/steal your idea!

On another note, I don't think helmets are a big problem if you tie a smaller dastaar, correct me if i'm not mistaken.