Sarbloh Granth

Guest rsingh

As far as I know it is only Sarab Loh Granth that talks about giving guruship to Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Other granths like Gur Partap Sooraj Parkash and Panth Parkash written in 19th century do not talk about Guru Ji giving Guruship to Guru Granth Sahib Ji. So this is pretty solid proof to give to naamdharis and others.

you can buy it from the sikh missionary centre in southall.

What about dasam granth?

I was there a week ago.

They Said that the English translation would come 'next week'

i-.e this week.

but I can't get it- cuase i aint in london anymore :wub:

p.s Taksal is a great Sikh institute regarding Gurbani, if it is liek you said Bikramjit Singh ji, then how come TAksal believes in it as Gurbani.

What about all those shabads like -

'Khalsa mero roop hai khas, khalse meh ho karo nivas'

etc - do you claim tha those are not compositions of Guru ji, but compositions of a person.

or is it tha SOME of the stu

ff are shabads by Guru ji -i.e copies.

perhaps the nihangs found the Granth by Sarsa, where a lot of out literature was destroyed?

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Mr Singh

Just because the Sarbloh Granth contains the Khalsa Mehma shabad does not mean that we should accept it as being written by Guru Gobind Singh. There is a trend amongst some people to try and pass off the Sarbloh Granth as Gurbani. They have even started to refer to it as Sarbloh Guru Granth or something similar. Where does this leave the Guru Granth Sahib. Historical references only refer to Guru Gobind Singh giving the status of Guru to the Guru Granth Sahib and not to any other pothi. These same people try and put forward the 'fact' that a Sarbloh Granth exists at Hazur Sahib which is dated 1698. If so then why would it refer to the Guru Granth Sahib when Guruship was not conferred on Guru Granth Sahib until 1708?

PakhandeeBanga

There are books which were written much earlier than Suraj Panth Parkash which refer to the conferring of Guruship on Guru Granth Sahib. Sri Gur Sobha by Kavi Sainapat who lived in the court of Guru Gobind Singh states-;

A day before his passing the Singhs asked the Guru as to what form he would be taking. In reply the Guru said that the Khalsa was his very self and to them he had conferred his robe ( body ) his physical self and that the eternal and limitless word uttered with the light of the Lord is our supreme master

GurFateh

Bikramjit Singh

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Sarbloh Granth IS originally a "secret text" kept within Akali Nihangs.

Sarbloh Granth is the embodiments of 'Bir Ras' (warrior essence).

With the contemplation of Sarbloh Guru Durbar, ‘Chandi sda chri rhendi heh’ meaning, one is always intoxicated in the spirit of war against ignorance.

Thus it was from the Sarbloh Guru Durbar that the Khalsa of the Misl Period drew its greater strength and prowess. That is why Sarbloh Guru Durbar was the most secret and guarded of Sikh religious texts. Englishmen like Malcolm easily managed to procure the Adi Guru Granth and take it to Calcutta to study it. Colebrooke even managed to get his scheming hands on the Dasam Guru Durbar as well.

However, the Sarbloh Guru Granth Ji because of it being guarded deep in the sanctuary of the Akali Nihang Dals, nevermind getting a hand on it, no invader never even heard of its existance.

Apart from Bhai Kahn Singh Nabha in general nobody ever got around to commenting on the Sarbloh Guru Durbar. The present day offspring of Tat Khalsa Singh Sabha, the S.G.P.C. is also quiet about Sarbloh Guru Durbar. The language of Sarbloh Guru Durbar is so difficult to understand, and the text until recently was also not available to modern Sikh scholars.

Modern scholars in large numbers wanted it. But soon enough the Budha Dal simply gave copies to millions and to this day every cent of the money made from the purchasing of the sacred granth is used to produce more granths to be available.

Didar

Singh Khjal in his teacher, Baba Thakur Singh, wrote a sanctioned book that speaks of Akali Nihang Baba Gurbakhsh Singh’s handwritten copy of Sarbloh Guru Granth:

‘Baba Gurbakhsh Singh Ji like Baba Deep Singh Ji Shahid made hand written copies of Sikh scriptures and small liturgy booklets and sent them to appropriate places. His handwritten copy of Siri Sarbloh Granth Sahib is also mentioned before 1920 it was at the Gurdwara Shahid Ganj at the place of martyrdom of Baba Gurbakhsh Singh but then during Akali agitation [1920-1925] it was lost by the old lady who served there.’

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

thanks Bikram Singh but could you provide a quote that specifically states giving Gurugaddi to Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Or maybe you can refer me to some books. I will look into those. It will be helpful in projects I am doing. thanks again.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

PakhandeeBanda

Sorry, I missed your request. Give me a day or two and i'll PM you the references

GurFateh

Bikramjit Singh