Sikh Research Institution

Well i came across this site. http://www.sikhri.org/sidak-training-development.html

Its of the sikh research insitiution and provide courses for the summer

Sidak Courses

Three separate programs are offered simultaneously: one for first time

participants, one for returning students, and a language program that is open for

all students and adults. Sikhi 101 study an overview of Sikh history and theology

through structured learning, while Sikhi 201 students delve deeper into the same

subjects through a more rigorous exploration. The Language Program will focus

solely on the composition, structure, and language of the Gurū Granth Sāhib.

Sikhī 101 - introductory overview of Sikh history and theology

• Gurū Granth Sāhib

• Gurū Khālsā Panth

• Bhāī Gurdās & Bhāī Nand Lāl

• Āsā kī Vār

• Contemporary History

Sikhī 201 - a more rigorous exploration of Sikh Culture

• Sikh Rahit Maryādā

• Sikh Traditions & Ideology

• Interpreters of Sikh Thought

• Sikh Homeland & the Sikh Diaspora

• Sikh Ideology, Sovereignty & 1984

• Academic Debates

Gurmukhī 101 - focuses on tools required to study the Gurū Granth Sāhib

• Gurmukhī Pronunciation

• Vocabulary & Grammatical Patterns

• Writing, Comprehension & Language Systems

• Inscribed Elegance of Gurbānī

• Secondary Texts such as Gurbilās, Janamsākhīs, & Prakāsh

Though the prices seem really expensive has anyone from here every been to one of there workshops? how did you find it?

Run really fast from them... They are the worst business minded, sikhi twisting ppl i have ever known in US. Stay away from them !!!! Sikhri/Fateh/PDL/Sojhi/Saanj/Jakara/Jagomiami and several other orgs/retreats are usually run by same mindset of ppl !!!!

i wouldnt go to any of there retreats as well, i have been to 3 of their workshops and in every three they would say something totally out of my knowledge about sikhism and one thing that never changed was that they always said that meat/ egg is allowed in sikhi and they say that guru ji never said that we cannot eat that

so plzz a benti to you tell your peers about such organizations for them to not attend these retreats and try as much as possible not even let them have a venue at your gurughar

Stay away from them. Most of all main Sikhri volunteers/employees eat meat and yes they do wear gatraay for some reason :S Best advice is to stay away from them as far as you can and advice others to do the same !

Thanks but i'd like to know a little bit more than they eat meat lol what is it about the parchar exactly

Stay away from them. Most of all main Sikhri volunteers/employees eat meat and yes they do wear gatraay for some reason :S Best advice is to stay away from them as far as you can and advice others to do the same !

Wear a gatra and eat meat, indeed that is very weird.

This kind of reminds me of Jakara in central-Cal. These groups are a good start though, if they had proper direction and a good goal I guess it'd be okay to educate the uninformed youth.

You'd be surprised how uneducated the youth is on Sikhi, but yeah a lot of change is necessary. I'm still not aware of all that goes on.

edit-

Good links, clarified a lot...thanks.

They are thugs.They go to india and say that they believe in Dasam Granth sahib.

I know they do not.See the proof below

They have completely omitted Dasam Granth sahib form their courses. They are experts in

lying and thuggery.

Beware of such rogue organizations who are eating at roots of sikhism and yet do

propaganda to the contrary.

Sikhī 101 - introductory overview of Sikh history and theology

• Gurū Granth Sāhib

• Gurū Khālsā Panth

• Bhāī Gurdās & Bhāī Nand Lāl

• Āsā kī Vār

• Contemporary Histor

'Run really fast from them... They are the worst business minded, sikhi twisting ppl i have ever known in US. Stay away from them !!!! Sikhri/Fateh/PDL/Sojhi/Saanj/Jakara/Jagomiami and several other orgs/retreats are usually run by same mindset of ppl !!!!'

PDL is awesome. They are doing great work with limited resources in my opinion. I can't comment on SikhRI, as along as PDLs efforts remain politically/theologically impartial I don't care.