How has being a Sikh changed you?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

ermm... i think im kinda very late to reply to this.. but oh well i will still share how going into sikhi changed me...

well first of all my name is serena kaur :wub: and im 16, i wasn't brought up into sikhi as my parents are mone.. so i jus recently got into sikhi.. when i started khalsa college it was strange that i thought i never knew anything about my religion n yet i go to a sikh school.. untill i started hanging around with the right sangath and learnt loads from them which then made me research more about sikhi and from there my life changed i stop removing my hair.. stopped eating meat..started doing my path etc... i got out of all the bad things and started to do good things.. i started going to programmes well not very often but i try my best and sangath has helped me out alot.. i have found my true love..which is gurujee rolleyes.gif even though my family doesn't agree with me going into sikhi i still try and stay strong because compared to how i used to be i feel better and stronger and i have so much faith in gurujee blush.gif

so i guess sikhi has changed me alot its made me alot more confident and reading banee has educ

ated me more and brang me closer to waheguru jee... i just hope people out there who aint in to sikhi can one day relize the beauty of it and try become a true gursikh which i am trying to be..

i proberly bored everyone to death so im gana stop writting now hehe...

my point is sikhi is the best way of life and to reach saachkhand hope we all get there blush.gif

sorry if i have affended anyone in any way

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

i dont think u bored any one to death... well.. at least not me.... :T: hehe.. jk

but nice story :TH: i like reading about how others kept their faith and how they stuggle to keep their faith.. even when there parents arent really into it...

i hope u become a very true blessed gursikh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Well lets start from the beginning….I’m not writing an essay here so it won’t look like one but I will write about how sikhi has changed me. I grew up in the Caribbean with little or no interest in spirituality….my family however are hardcore Radhasoamis….so I use to go to the satsangs a lot but I still preferred doing the things other kids like doing….then when I came to Canada , its like hell broke loose….I started drinking, smoking ….messing around a lot…..enjoying the popularity I received in school here…..i however in me had this urge to find out more about sikhi which I did…..but I never really thought much about it…I was with that mentality that after I marry and have a career then I will get more into religion and none of the people around me didn’t seem to have any thoughts about god etc…so we all were lost……anyways I will skip all the factors since I’m suppose to write on how sikhi changed me……one night at the school pub I behaved so stupid..i was so drunk..three fights, I embarrassed my friends….I nearly got arrested …OCT 31ST….I can never forget it……however the next morning when I woke up feeling like <admin-profanity filter activated>……something miraculously strange happened…don’t think I should talk about that……. and then I had a gurbani tape by Bhai Harbans Singh…(Guruji menu na bisro ).someone gave it to me…can’t remember who…but I played it and it touched me so much and from that day I was like I’m stopping all these things and by Guruji’s grace I did….however a past couple of months ago I came under family pressure and trimmed my beard….and that’s when I felt like <admin-profa

nity filter activated>…even though I’ve lived most of my life without the Roop given to us by guruji…..when I trimmed my beard I felt sooooo weird…..i felt so out of confidence…..now it has grown back….but the bottomline is that sikhi is great…our gurus are great and now I can’t seem to live without being a sikh…though family is against it…..it really doesn’t matter to me anymore…….im gonna give my HEAD one day….just hope guruji blesses me with Amrit in this birth……oh yeah and I must thank Mehtab Singh ji ….he’s been a big inspiration for me…..even before he became a Singh…and all these other Singhs and Singhnis on Sikhsangat…….thanks all of u……waheguruu...thanks to guruji....i know whats the real meaning of life now....sorry i wrote this in a hurry...plz forgive the mistakes :lol:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

oh yeah and I must thank Mehtab Singh ji ….he’s been a big inspiration for me…..even before he became a Singh…

Don't forget you were the one who made me keep my hair and beard! Yes it was Gurujee's grace, and He sent you as a messenger to wake me up! All my life I saw loads of chardi kala Sikhs, but my mind always said "oh well they are born into Sikh families". But when I came across you, and saw that you too being from a Hindu family were keeping hair/beard, it took me by storm. I can't wait for the day you take Amrit, and hope it comes sooner that any of us can imagine!

These are beautiful stories sangat jee!

They are truly an inspiration, please keep posting..I want to read some more rolleyes.gif

Gurpreet Singh ji, does that tape by Bhai Harbans singh jee also have the shabad "paap na kar bandya" ?

It's a really good tape..I listen to it all the time..it straightens my mood blush.gif

bhul chuk muaaf...and keep posting sangat jee :TH:

Waheguru jee ka khalsa Whaeguru jee ki fateh!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...