[Sikh Tv] What Would You Like To See On Sikh Tv?

SikhTV

totally agree but dont call refer to guru ji with the infront of their name please :) as long as theirs not like any enouragent of alcohol or anything then kabaddi or another wrestling support was one mahraj ji enouraged in one of their saroops. gatka i forgot to mention aswell as kirtan but not too many repeat telecasts

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VJKK VJKF

We need to promote what our guru ji's gave us to use: RAAG's.

The majority of the keertan played on the channel (if not 100% of it) SHOULD be raag keertan and not these filmy shilmy hindi song tunes that are always heard in rainsbaaees and from normal raagi's.

The physical and spiritual power that one can obtain just by listening to raag keertan is immense, we need to bring this pure keertan back into the Sikhi that lives today before we lose it...

However, i know the majority of people prefer these filmy song tunes and so they would prefer to listen to the shabads sang to these tunes, which means not many people will watch the channel, but is Sikhi not about doing what is right and standing by the truth?

On the other hand, some people actually GET INTO Sikhi because of the anand they get from listening to shabads with the wrong tunes, so im not sure if its a major issue or what not...

I think I just totally confused myself haha anyone else got anything to say about this aspect?

VJKK VJKF

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Wow, these suggestions are wonderful.

We will see what we can get hold of and do.

We are currently planning to broadcast Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale's speeches.

We will also broadcast raag kirtan, all types of raag kirtan. (If you have any footage, then please PM us, otherwise if not we will obtain the footage :))

We will not be biased towards any 'caste' as the sevadaars of Sikh TV are all from different 'castes'. (We don't believe in castes, but we are using that term to get our point across)

We are not associated with ANY jathebandi at all. All the programming will be unbiased towards every Sikh jathebandi.

Please keep the suggestions coming.

Thank You/

Sevadaar of Sikh TV

VJKK VJKF

With Vaaheguroo's kirpaa the channel will be a success. However, I have one benti to the SikhTv, please ensure that the channel does not broadcast any major programmes/events that will clash with the major programmes/events being broadcast by Sikh Channel and vice versa, as we, the sangat, would like to see all these major programmes and having to watch only one due it clashing with the other channel's major programme/event.

We pray that not even a hint of competition comes into play with any channels related to Sikhi, but I plead SikhTv (and Sikh Channel) to try not to clash the major events/programmes, UNLESS there are 2 live events in which case the clashing would be acceptable as it gives sangat a choice to watch any of the live events.

VJKK VJKF

Vaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Phateh

I agree with Bhai Sahib below, videos of Sant Jee's speeches / parchaar have to be shown, its about time now, 26 years on, two Sikh tv channels and yet no dedicated air time to show Sant Jee's recordings. The channel needs to stand strong and not be afraid that the sangat will switch off if such videos are shown.

Full Speeches of Sri Maan Sant Giani Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale - Sikh Channel have only showed a few snippets in the last few days, and this is only because there has been immense Sangat pressure.

Taking up Panthic causes, even if they may conflict with a few peoples' Panjabi opinions/ideology - Sikh Channel has thus far refused to bring air time to the Grays Manmat of Gurdwaras having party halls, even though youth have been lobbying them for the last week.

Waheguroo

Also the veggie cooking program idea is a seriously good one! i'm getting tired of the same old paneer "kebabs"!! and yes it would take away the need to watch the hindi dramas that are full to the brim with negative mentalities which does take an impact on those that watch these programs.

Also more programs are needed for the younger kids, most of what i've seen on sikh channel is for the youth and elder generations. There are a number of gurmat cartoon movies that could be shown for example. The Baby TV channel isn't going to teach very young kids about Sri Guroo Granth Sahib Jee and Sikhi. I'd be interested to see what other peoples view is on this?

Finally, a benti to SikhTv, don't simply take these suggestions and file them away...if you've asked for feedback / suggestions, take the steps to incorporate it!

Vaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Phateh!

Have a slot for local sangat to come and do kirtan (not just recording events elsewhere), it gives a great community feel.

Akj rainsabais (broadcasts and recordings)

Programmes and kirtan at takhts

interesting programming for not so religious sikhs, and non-sikhs.

maybe yoga by a Gursikh, im sure sikhs would prefer to watch this over any other yoga show if it was available

and defo a vege/bibeki cooking show like said by others.

coverage of interesting, less well known places in punjab.

Shows teaching Gurbani vyakaran (by scholars with 100% gurmat views).

WAHEGURUJIKAKHALSAWAHEGURUJIKEFATEH.

I was chatting to some younger members of the sikh community (non-Amritdhari) who wish to see more documentaries & katha in English. They feel that a Sikh channel should be informative to the English community too. Most of these youngsters feel more at ease with English. I feel that they have a valid point since there are many talented Gursikhs who are fluent in English & Punjabi. They feel that the current Sikh channel is concentrating on a very small minority since there are millions of Sky viewers in UK & continental Europe.

Thank you.

• No broadcasting or airing our weaknesses as a panth and discussing them to find a solution
  • No 'Panth Time' with old men telling the rest of the world how grateful they are to the channel that they got their 15 minutes of fame
  • No 'guests' discussing serious issues that they don't know anything about e.g. 1984
  • No presenters that host Gurmat programmes that can't even speak Panjabi or pronounce the word Gurdwara
  • No adverts with old committee members telling you to watch their exciting discussion programme

The other suggestions from the Sangat have been great, please try to take them on board where feasible.