[Sikh Tv] What Would You Like To See On Sikh Tv?

SikhTV

VJKK VJKF

With Vaaheguroo's kirpaa the channel will be a success. However, I have one benti to the SikhTv, please ensure that the channel does not broadcast any major programmes/events that will clash with the major programmes/events being broadcast by Sikh Channel and vice versa, as we, the sangat, would like to see all these major programmes and having to watch only one due it clashing with the other channel's major programme/event.

We pray that not even a hint of competition comes into play with any channels related to Sikhi, but I plead SikhTv (and Sikh Channel) to try not to clash the major events/programmes, UNLESS there are 2 live events in which case the clashing would be acceptable as it gives sangat a choice to watch any of the live events.

VJKK VJKF

We have no rivalry with ANY channel at all, even if it is a Sikh dedicated channel or a non-Sikh dedicated channel. Our mission is to spread Sri Guru Nanak Dev Jee's Sikhi to every household.

• No broadcasting or airing our weaknesses as a panth and discussing them to find a solution
  • No 'Panth Time' with old men telling the rest of the world how grateful they are to the channel that they got their 15 minutes of fame
  • No 'guests' discussing serious issues that they don't know anything about e.g. 1984
  • No presenters that host Gurmat programmes that can't even speak Panjabi or pronounce the word Gurdwara
  • No adverts with old committee members telling you to watch their exciting discussion programme

The other suggestions from the Sangat have been great, please try to take them on board where feasible.

We will keep that in mind. If we get 'guests' discussing serious issues, we will make sure they know what they are talking about. smile.gif

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little request to Sikh Sangat users, when posting, please do not mention any other medias name, because other readers could possibly get the wrong message, and think that Sikh TV has rivalry with other Sikh media.

It would be good to get some professional Amritdahri Sikhs involved as role Models, i.e. Sikhs holding senior postions in the Government, other Public and Voluntary Organisations, in Industry, Lawyers, Media etc.

As role models, it would illustrate that you do not have to compromise your Sikhi to get to a senior post.

it would be great to see in depth vichaar of Dasam Granth that is in line with Akaal Takht sahib, by which I mean no anti-Dasam Granth persons allowed. There is some great katha out there, and more coming up from the likes of Giani Sher Singh and other vidvaans.

The sangat hears the propaganda, but do not hear the panth's jawaab. It should be the channel's mission to broadcast the voice of the panth's jawaab loud and clear.

it would be great to see in depth vichaar of Dasam Granth that is in line with Akaal Takht sahib, by which I mean no anti-Dasam Granth persons allowed. There is some great katha out there, and more coming up from the likes of Giani Sher Singh and other vidvaans.

The sangat hears the propaganda, but do not hear the panth's jawaab. It should be the channel's mission to broadcast the voice of the panth's jawaab loud and clear.

Personally, I support Sri Dasam Granth Sahib, but I was reading above, that Sikh TV is unbiased to all jathebandiya.

So wouldn't AKJ's feel left out? Thats a bit sad.

Best thing to do is, keep out of that. Unless a hukamnama is issued from Akaal Takht,

i would like to see sant mann singhs kirtan katha.................i dont care wat people say about this guy but no-one in my lifetime (im 29) that iv seen live has sent a tingle done my spine or put a tear in my eye the way this guy does.....his kirtan is full of josh!!!

Thank you Khalsa Ji , I second that.

Personally, I support Sri Dasam Granth Sahib, but I was reading above, that Sikh TV is unbiased to all jathebandiya.

So wouldn't AKJ's feel left out? Thats a bit sad.

Best thing to do is, keep out of that. Unless a hukamnama is issued from Akaal Takht,

AKJ believes in dasam granth.