Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee at ur home ??

Do you have Prakash of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji at your home?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have Prakash of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji at your home?

• No
    • Yes

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is a bit off the topic but I wanted to ask this.

My Grandmum told me that she has Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee at home which is good, but the problem is that its locked up in a cupboard, and no one is showing Guru jee any respect the house is full with Drink and meat.

I think Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee as been locked up for a few years now, when I heard this I did not know what to do, I when home and gave my mum a warning that if they do not take Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee to the local Gurdwara this week, I have to do some thing by force.

I told them that they should ask Waheguru jee to forgive them. I will call them today.

How should I go by this.

I know this is a bit off the topic but I wanted to ask this.

My Grandmum told me that she has Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee at home which is good, but the problem is that its locked up in a cupboard, and no one is showing Guru jee any respect the house is full with Drink and meat.

I think Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee as been locked up for a few years now, when I heard this I did not know what to do, I when home and gave my mum a warning that if they do not take Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee to the local Gurdwara this week, I have to do some thing by force.

I told them that they should ask Waheguru jee to forgive them. I will call them today.

How should I go by this.

Oh my vahegurooo!!! ohmy.gif Such beadbi!!!!!!!

If you know about this and you haven't contacted any Singhs in your local gurdwara about this, you're getting major paap on your head man!!!!!

Contact someone at your local gurdwara, or the singhs who do amrit sanchar, or any chardi kalaa gursikh, and they will deal with the matter, make sure you're home the day they come to pick up guru maharaj.

This is seriously not right!!! :wub: @ :cool: @

Our family has three SGGSJi dee Birs. They all have a special background for them. The biggest BIR is about a foot and a half sideways and about a foot long. this BIR is maaaaaasssive. The coolest thing is that this was our family's First Bir in the house and was brought to us by Bhai Sahb Bhai Jeevan Singh Jee all the way from California to Atlanta carried on his head the whole time (switched over to Bibi Ji's head when necessary. ohmy.gif .. pretty amazin task for a 4 hour flight. The second Bir is extremely small and was handwritten by someone in our family during the time of Maharaja Dalip Singh. It is the size of pool ball. (dont normally do prakash on that one.. lil too hard to head . hehe) and our other one is normally sized but the odd thing is that those rainbow colors on the sides of the normal contemporary birs isnt seen on this one. aanndd they are no page numbers... all three are cherished in our family and have great meaning to them.. litererly...

ok, imagine if guru nanak dev ji,and all the other gurus walked into your house (you bought them in)

how would you treat them.

i know this is a pathetic question to those who have sggs in there home. why? because lets not forget, the gurus are in sggs, you bought the guru in, how would you treat them? would you treat them like a chardikala people, or shove them into a cupboard. sggs is guarded by shaheed singhs. theres two stories i know of this.

a sant came across 2 oxes, both were parying to maharaj to be kileld than plowing the feels all day long and being beaten up. the sant said "you should have done sewa and simran, your being punished". the oxes began to cry. the sant felt sorry for the two oxes, he said to the farmer to give them a rest. now the farmer said "if i do, our crops will die. no rain has come". but the sant persuaded the farmer. people began to gather around the sant and asked who were these oxens in there past life.

the first ox, considered sggs as a book. he would shove sggs in a cupboard and read it whenever. i dont think he did prakash either. result, due to the lack of faith he was reborn as an ox.

the second ox went to hazur sahib once to do sewa, a shaheed singh knocked him sensless. the person begged like anything not to be harmed. so what the sangat saw was one man being beaten up, with parafine being put into his mouth, but who was this person killing this poor guy? sewadars dragged this man out of hazur sahib, even when the man was unconscious, this "thing" would not let go of him.

when this person regained consciousness, they asked what happened. it was a shaheed singh beating up this person. and why???

this man was

a gyani in his past life, he would not have ishnaan and then go on to read sggs. he considered it as all read. people requested him to do an akhand paath, he just did the bhog. a parafine bottle was near him as well, he would light this parafine bottle and not wash his hand, so his hands smelt of parafine and he touched sggs. result the shaheed singh put parafine into the gyanis mouth.

sangat going to hazur sahib declined rapidly. so the pujari said to guru ji not to do this, because people would be afriad to go gurdwara. hence public punishment stopped by the orders of the pujarai, its now why you get hidden punishment. in a way it would be good for public punishment by guru ji, but i dont want to go into that, its a different topic.

so you see, if you want to be these two oxes, go ahead. if you cant look after it, give it to the gurdwara or get paap on you.