Grave Concerns For Gravesnd Sangat

sall

WJKK WJKF

Thought I never have to request this but we in Gravesend have some issues where the committee are in discusssions. The issue is the new Gurdwara which is being built and some reps in the council have decided to have an open air film "Sholay" showing in the football grounds next to the new Gurdwara, here is the link:::

http://www.gravesham.gov.uk/index.jsp?articleid=5751

This is against core values and principles of Sikhee...if this event goes ahead what is stopping bhangraa gigs adjacent to the Gurdwara??

At present there are ongoing discussions with the organisers..will keep people posted, however any support here is crucial.

Oh come on!!! Why is it getting increasingly difficult to promote solely Gurmat activities within a Gurdwara complex???

The larger the loan taken out to build a Gurdwara the more likely the eventual activities in the Gurdwara move away from Gurmat.

Sholay can be shown in the local park or cinema. Why a Guru Ghar??

HeatSikhingMissle, what happens when the gypsy dance "Mehbooba o Mehbooba" echo's in the complex of the Gurdwara with our children (our Kaum's future) sitting watching a vigrous hip movements of the 1970's actress. All under the banner of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, might as well call Massa Rangher back and get him to get the real life kunjariya to dance, I suppose they weren't as racy as todays Bollywood dances...

WJKK WJKF

HeatSikhingMissle Jeeo seems you was ready and waiting with your missle pointing in the right direction , however you seem to be out of touch with the subject at hand and how it will violate Gurdwara protcol - if you know what that is..

The actions of gurdwara committes are becoming worse and worse, they are literally no different to the masands now, and we all know what happened to the masands...

What besti that they are not only doing this but it is also being reported to the public. It goes to show what Kaljug it is, a Gurdwara Sahib is the one refuge from the burning fire of maya in this whole sristi, yet know 'sikhs' are calling the fire inside, this going to incur a huge karmic debt for the azzholes doing this. If the sangat knowingly lets stuff like this happen, we are not much better imho.

Once more like I said in the other thread we NEED a permanent jathebandi to regulate all Gurdwara committees and nip crap like this in the bud.

Hell I'd start it myself if I actually knew enough people.

Out of interest what happened to the original Respect for Guru Ji campaigners (R4G)?

I say on the day we go in a big group of sangat and start doing keertan where the movie is supposed to be playing, after all its not like they can stop us it being a Gurdwara Sahib and all. I am being serious, if we aint got the balls as a community to protest, lets atleast do this. They will either be too ashamed to stop people doing keertan in favour of a movie, or will try to stop the kirtan sangat and show their true colours. Whos with me?

BAYSHARM GRAVESEND GURDWARA COMMITTEE

Dear sangat ji.

Please raise your voice against this event that is going to happen in gravesend kent hosted by Gravesend Gurdwara Committe and suported by Gravesham Council.

This film showing of SHOLAY is in the gurdwara complex and under the management of the gurdwara committe. Such events should not be organized by any gurdwara's in any gurdwara complex.

President : Jaspal S dhesi

General Secretary: Narinderjit S thandi ( Sikh Federation )

Acting President: Swaran Singh

Main Culprit : Brian Sangha and his team

Please call these people and raise this matter with them. These people have not consulted the general public before arranging this.

this event is taking place on the 28th july 2010.

If this event is not STOPPED it will create division in the sikh community in gravesend.

BAYSHARM GRAVESEND GURDWARA COMMITTEE

President : Jaspal S dhesi

General Secretary: Narinderjit S thandi ( Sikh Federation )

Acting President: Swaran Singh

Main Culprit : Brian Sangha and his team

http://www.gurunanakdarbar.org/index.html

Contact Details

Guru Nanak Darbar Gurudwara

Clarence Place

Gravesend

DA12 1LD

Tel. 01474 350611 or 01474 534121

I believe the "Khalistan Goverment in Exile" was based in Gravesend as well some prominent members of the Akhand Kirtani Jatha, Sikh Federation and even some claiming to be from Nihang Dals. Perhaps they can step forward and use their influence over Dhesi and his committee.

It's time to start approaching our elders and getting them to step up to taking the lead in resolving situations like this before it ends up becoming some kind of fiasco. The last thing this Gurdwara committee need is a high profile confrontation between Sholay fans and Sikhs from around the country who are likely to gather at the Gurdwara on that day.

After 2 discussions with different committee members on the other end of the phone, the following is confirmed.

-President Jaspal Dhesi is currently in India and the acting president is Swarn Singh. Jaspal Dhesi is allegedly opposed to the setting up of the cinema screen on the Gurdwara grounds but is "powerless" as he is in India.

-The Prabhandak committee are passing the buck on to a "Cultural Committee" who made the decision and who are planning a fortnightly screening of a Bollywood blockbuster at the Gurdwara Sahib.

-The committee member I spoke to said it's unlikely they can cancel the screening on Wed 21 Jul as it's too late and although he agreed it was not Gurmat to use the Gurdwara as a cinema, it is too late to change anything and refund money.

The Gurdwara committee seem confused on who is meant to be running the Gurdwara and seem to have diluted their control to sub committees. What is needed is pressure from the rest of the Sangat. From the relaxed attitude of the committee members, I don't believe many people have been in touch with them yet.

Please call them on Tel. 01474 350611 or 01474 534121 and maturely speak to them to make them realise it's a larger issue than they foolishly believe.

-