Nihal Bbc Kirpan Debate Again!

s50

I agree with Sikh world tv. Just because some guy comes to the Gurdwara and bows to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj does not mean he is neutral when it comes to Sikhi. This says he knows how to be a good politician. If he respected Sikhi then he would not be neutral in the discussion, but express the the kirpan in the true light as Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj left it for us. But he does not do that and continues to disrespect the Kirpan and agrees to a caller when they compared the Kirpan to a holy pipe which allows people to smoke marijuana.

<Mod Cut: no personal attacks on other members> So what if they discuss Muslims? That does not mean they are going to discuss Muslims in the true light. As Sikhworldtv has pointed out, they water everything down and don't give the true image.

Look I have not listened to the show yet but will do. The BBC is the publics and so is supposed to be impartial. The debates presenters usually from my experience have always been neutral. They just want listening figures, so may tend to have contreversal issues disscused.

What any random guest of caller says is not endorsed by the Beeb, Nihal usually tries to present both sides point of view on the topic pro and con what ever the issue is, he does not present his own views. He is a professional. He is a very decent person and has the upmost respect for Sikhs and for that matter all religions. He has been to Gurdware and matha teked to Maharaj, took parshad and had langer he is definetly NOT agaisnt Sikhs.

He kind of does air his own views of feelings on this one. Right at the start where he is saying what will be on the show, he refers to the kirpan as merely or quite simply a knife (or something around those lines). It sounds like hes got a problem with it.

I agree with Sikh world tv. Just because some guy comes to the Gurdwara and bows to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj does not mean he is neutral when it comes to Sikhi. This says he knows how to be a good politician. If he respected Sikhi then he would not be neutral in the discussion, but express the the kirpan in the true light as Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj left it for us. But he does not do that and continues to disrespect the Kirpan and agrees to a caller when they compared the Kirpan to a holy pipe which allows people to smoke marijuana.

I say gurdssingh is just as good of a politician as nihal. So what if they discuss Muslims? That does not mean they are going to discuss Muslims in the true light. As Sikhworldtv has pointed out, they water everything down and don't give the true image.

Nihal is a Sri Lankan Buddhist, I merely stated he has no annomosity towards Sikhs.

I've said this before, the first caller that called in (Jasminder) who claims to be a Sikh, he always calls in Sikh related devaed and attempts to degrade Sikhi/Amrithdhaari Sikhs and rehat as well as twist Gurbaani. He thinks he has much knowledge in relation to Sikhi. Someone to look out for. We need a good team of Gursikhs who are ready to be on debates.

Nihal is........words escape me. Its not what he says but more about the little mumbles under his breath that trail away, a certain tone he adopts when he hears something he doesn't agree about, and instances of sarcasm when he is dying to let rip but can't. As you can tell I've had the misfortune to listen to that joke of a radio station that is The Asian Network for many years.

I'm a fair person most of the time but I can truthfully say there is something about Sikhism that annoys Nihal. Maybe its people he's encountered in his personal / professional life that have given him a hard time, I don't know. Suddenly he finds himself with a high profile and a platform where he can subtley criticise the faith, and he relishes the opportunity to do so but does his best to conceal his intentions.

Still, some of the debates on Muslims and Islam in general on The Asian Network over the past few years have been terrible - even I've felt sorry for the Muslims at some of the stuff I've heard.

@ T_Singh - Yes you're spot on about "Jasminder". He always contributes to Sikhi debates on The Asian Network. His arguments have some reference to Hinduism so I'm guessing the fella is a Hindu in disguise. Just my opinion.

I've said this before, the first caller that called in (Jasminder) who claims to be a Sikh, he always calls in Sikh related devaed and attempts to degrade Sikhi/Amrithdhaari Sikhs and rehat as well as twist Gurbaani. He thinks he has much knowledge in relation to Sikhi. Someone to look out for. We need a good team of Gursikhs who are ready to be on debates.

Nihal is........words escape me. Its not what he says but more about the little mumbles under his breath that trail away, a certain tone he adopts when he hears something he doesn't agree about, and instances of sarcasm when he is dying to let rip but can't. As you can tell I've had the misfortune to listen to that joke of a radio station that is The Asian Network for many years.

I'm a fair person most of the time but I can truthfully say there is something about Sikhism that annoys Nihal. Maybe its people he's encountered in his personal / professional life that have given him a hard time, I don't know. Suddenly he finds himself with a high profile and a platform where he can subtley criticise the faith, and he relishes the opportunity to do so but does his best to conceal his intentions.

Still, some of the debates on Muslims and Islam in general on The Asian Network over the past few years have been terrible - even I've felt sorry for the Muslims at some of the stuff I've heard.

@ T_Singh - Yes you're spot on about "Jasminder". He always contributes to Sikhi debates on The Asian Network. His arguments have some reference to Hinduism so I'm guessing the fella is a Hindu is disguise. Just my opinion.

Instead off saying we need people. Tell them we want to represent SIkh discussions. If you have the credentials e-mail them, they always want new guests. If not just call in and express your views. What I don't get is I did'nt listen to the show but if you did why not call in.

Only five you always disagree with me why? HOw am I being a politican?

gurdssingh - I'm a terribly shy person. Even when speaking to family members I get flustered at times - speaking on a national radio station with a biased presenter is my idea of Hell. I communicate best with the written word - I feel comfortable this way. Also I'm afraid I'm not the expert on Sikhi that I should be (hence my joining this forum), so I'm pretty sure I couldn't speak on behalf of Sikhs as I'd most probably get something wrong.

gurdssingh why are you defending Nihal and the BBC AN so strongly do you then agree with the way the show questions Sikhi without doing any real research or background checks on guests. But as you say they should just rely on people phoning in who will be genuine to the discussion?

I don't agree with many things but at work I leave my own opinions at home and do not let them influence my decisions for my clients or I would not have a business. These presenters don't care about your feelings or responses as they are paid to cause conflict or heated discussion as that makes a good talk show ie Jerry Springer!

Kaljugi by expressing yourself here on the forum you are doing more than most who do nothing at all - you will always have the Guru's support if your heart is defending Sikhi