Is It Okay To Have Kaami Thoughts/Act On Kaami Thoughts Towards Wife

Guest singh

Guest Singhji

Only five, surely if u have a wife or when u have a wife and you partake in sexual intercourse for reproduction. Surely you have to desire your wife for that to happen right? So what do u say to this?

...Surely you have to desire your wife for that to happen right? So what do u say to this?

Not everyone's a beauty! Some poor fellas have their mother's in their ear encouraging them to usher in the new generation - whether the husband desires his wife or not! :lol: BTW, I'm not referring to myself either - I'm flying solo at the moment.

Only five, surely if u have a wife or when u have a wife and you partake in sexual intercourse for reproduction. Surely you have to desire your wife for that to happen right? So what do u say to this?

Reproduction and kaami thoughts about wife are completely different topcis (reproduction is a householders lifestyle and kaami thoughts about wife are manmat ways). You need to read the shabad i posted again. The Shabad is speaking about desires. Maharaj say free yourself from the five desires, in the shabad they are refered to as passions. When Gurbani is read, a person needs to drop all worldly knowledge and say i know nothing. When this old knowledge about how the human body works is brought in, the reader uses this worldly knowledge as the base to understand Gurbani. The Shabad is saying one thing and the mind drifts off to make sense of worldly affairs.

Put it this way, our Gurus had children, did they reproduce in kaam. Kaam is not a permanent form of energy. It has a strong hold over the whole world, but it is not permanent that cant be transformed into something positive. Maharaj tells us to transform this kaam into love. There is a english translation of Sant Maskeen Singh jis katha on kaam once i find it ill post the katha here. Sant ji explains it so clearly.

Here is the link to Sant Maskeen Singh ji's katha.

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/49283-significance-of-charitropakhyan-and-sri-dasam-granth-sahib-ji/page__p__445113__hl__%2Bcharitropakhyan+%2Bmaskeen__fromsearch__1#entry445113

Reproduction and kaami thoughts about wife are completely different topcis (reproduction is a householders lifestyle and kaami thoughts about wife are manmat ways). You need to read the shabad i posted again. The Shabad is speaking about desires. Maharaj say free yourself from the five desires, in the shabad they are refered to as passions. When Gurbani is read, a person needs to drop all worldly knowledge and say i know nothing. When this old knowledge about how the human body works is brought in, the reader uses this worldly knowledge as the base to understand Gurbani. The Shabad is saying one thing and the mind drifts off to make sense of worldly affairs.

Put it this way, our Gurus had children, did they reproduce in kaam. Kaam is not a permanent form of energy. It has a strong hold over the whole world, but it is not permanent that cant be transformed into something positive. Maharaj tells us to transform this kaam into love. There is a english translation of Sant Maskeen Singh jis katha on kaam once i find it ill post the katha here. Sant ji explains it so clearly.

Here is the link to Sant Maskeen Singh ji's katha.

http://www.sikhsanga...__1#entry445113

He's right, kaam of any form is against Sikhi, even in a marriage because it still is kaam.

Fine, in order to reproduce it is an act of love , but doesn't the male need to be in a certain 'state' in order to reproduce. And don't u have to have kaami thorts for tht to happen?

I think the key to remember is this. If I desire to use my wife as an object, that is lust. If I desire her as a person, and not just an object to fulfill my needs, that is love, and that is the reason that God created as man and woman. It is a good and holy, and there is no wrong in it. All emotions have a place and a purpose. Anger is not always bad, anger against an enemy of God is divine, but it makes a better slave than a master. If I am consumed by anger and I act against God and my best interest... then that emotion is acting as a thief and it is my master. Desiring your wife is a good thing, but becoming consumed by lust so that you do not treat her with respect... or doing it too often/ whenever the thought pops into my head/ treating her as an object/ etc. is a bad thing... and it is consuming and controlling me. If I am too afraid of desire to even touch my wife, not only is that a bad thing, but that is still lust controlling me! To anyone who is married I feel like this should be abundantly clear. I could give more examples, but I think this concept is clear and anyone could create their own.

This is what I think Guru Gi means. These thieves have to be conquered, but they are strong because they take something good and misdirect it and use it against us. As I said previously, all things in moderation.

-W

I think the key to remember is this. If I desire to use my wife as an object, that is lust. If I desire her as a person, and not just an object to fulfill my needs, that is love, and that is the reason that God created as man and woman. It is a good and holy, and there is no wrong in it.

All have you done is taken an extreme example of Kaam and compared it to a not so extreme level of kaam example. Why God created anything is another topic on it's own. But one thing is clear by Gurbani, God did not create man and woman for desire.

All emotions have a place and a purpose. Anger is not always bad, anger against an enemy of God is divine, but it makes a better slave than a master. If I am consumed by anger and I act against God and my best interest... then that emotion is acting as a thief and it is my master.

Does it matter if anger is directed at God's enemy? Is it not said in Gurbani that every person has God in them good or bad. So why have anger toward them.

Desiring your wife is a good thing, but becoming consumed by lust so that you do not treat her with respect... or doing it too often/ whenever the thought pops into my head/ treating her as an object/ etc. is a bad thing... and it is consuming and controlling me. If I am too afraid of desire to even touch my wife, not only is that a bad thing, but that is still lust controlling me! To anyone who is married I feel like this should be abundantly clear. I could give more examples, but I think this concept is clear and anyone could create their own.

I believe you are bringing in your cultural practices into this discussion. White couples are more open with affection in public and believe there is nothing wrong with it. So again external factors are influencing your opinion on this matter. I believe you need to look at Gurbani for Gurbani and not look at it through yours or another's frame of reference.

This is what I think Guru Gi means. These thieves have to be conquered, but they are strong because they take something good and misdirect it and use it against us. As I said previously, all things in moderation.

-W

No, not moderate amounts. Guru Sahib clearly says free yourself from the five passions (anger, lust, ego, attachment, greed).

I believe you are bringing in your cultural practices into this discussion. White couples are more open with affection in public and believe there is nothing wrong with it. So again external factors are influencing your opinion on this matter. I believe you need to look at Gurbani for Gurbani and not look at it through yours or another's frame of reference.

Im sorry for any mistakes but personally I thought this was very racist.

Only Five Veerji the five vices affect all mankind equally, be it whites, blacks, browns, yellow, or beige. It is a human problem as opposed to one particular ethnic group as you seem to be implying jeo.

Guru Sahib blesses his Sikhs equally with the intellect and capacity to work towards controlling them regardless of the social circumstances they live in.

In Guru Sahib Maharaj Jis eyes whole mankind is equal - Manas Ki Jaat Sabai Ekai Pehechaanbo, it is my humble benti that we do not go against Guru Sahibs principles jeo.