Facial Hair Removal : Jagir Kaur Continues To Stir Controversy

Guest G.Kaur

Well I've just had a look at the 'before' and 'after' photos and can't make my mind up as to which of the following 3 reasons it could be. Either :

1) She's undergoing chemotheraphy and all the hair's fallen out

2) It's a miracle.

3) It's the miracle of 'veet', threading and 'fair & lovely'

I'm no expert but I'm going with number 3.

It is nothing short of an absolute disgrace.

are any of you guys married?

you think its ok for both man and wife to have a moustache?

what i would say is that she shouldnt try to be a sikh leader if she cant obey the rules of the religion but the rules are a bit harsh

so i guess drinking and sessioning and drug taking r a lil harsh too should we lighten up on them too?

drinking and drug taking are totally different, whoever died of a facial hair removal overdose?

facial hair is a serious affliction for a female. if she had a growth on her body and got that removed, would that be a problem?

clearly this woman has a lot of other serious issues that need to be dealt with rather than us discussing her facial hair, she had her own daughter killed and you guys are talking about her removing her moustache!

In the name of equality, how come when its a man we call it beard and when its a woman we call it facial hair? why not call it beard?

Society stopped calling such women 'Bearded Ladies' after the Victorian-era. :lol:

But on a serious note, I always thought 'no hair removal' in Sikhi meant 'no hair removal anywhere on the face or body'.

facial hair is a serious affliction for a female. if she had a growth on her body and got that removed, would that be a problem?

Geo, you've got yourself a bit over excited and missed the whole point of this. My wife threads....my wife trims....my wife gets rid of facial hair. Thats one of the reasons my wife does not feel ready to become amritdhari yet. Becoming amritdhari is not a joke that you treat lightly. Jagir Kaur can learn a thing or two from my wife. She, like my wife, is clearly nowhere ready enough to be amritdhari. However, she...unlike my wife...is happy to live a lie....a false life...and pretend to be amritdhari.

My wife trims.....my wife threads...my wife gets rid of facial hair. Thats one of the reasons my wife decided not to become a 'Sikh religious leader', and stand for president of an organistaion charged with upholding Sikh religious laws and values. The money was good.....but we decided she couldn't be a hypocrite, a liar, and a fake.

Do you understand now Geo ? Jagir Kaur is free to trim, dye, bleach all she wants. She simply needs to stop pretending to be someone she quite clearly is not.

the rules are a bit harsh
A Sikh is one who follows ALL the commands of Guru Sahib. If we find those commands harsh, its our own misfortune. This is not a business bargain where we bargain with Guru Sahib as to what we are ok with and what not. This is a total and complete surrender, where we don't itch even before sacrificing our life if needed.