Mata Sahib Kaur Academy Faces Threat Of Closing Down

Khalasthan86

EDIT: Offical statement from academy plus bank details to make donations in the following link:

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh

Request to Admin, to make sticky for maximum views. :)

Got a message on Facebook

Mata Sahib Kaur academy will close within 14 days if we do not provide £150k to pay back the mortgage loan. Never in history has a Gurdwara closed down because of maya. Lets not diffuse responsibilty and all try to help either financially or by asking others to help also. This is not about our respect but that of your... king, Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Please forward to others, any amount of maya makes a difference!

CLICK TO DONATE

Source Link

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh

I went to the Academy today and I asked the Gianis about this closure they had no idea it was closing down. As far as I am aware the Academy is not run by an committee like other Gurdwaras. So where is the closure information coming from?

i regularly attend the academy and know alot of the families who send their kids there and do seva.

since the opening of the academy it has been making regular payments. However since june 2010 the financial situation has been critical. around 300000 was required of which 150000 has been brought together by sangat. Another 150K is required.

if anyone doest not believe me you can go there yourself and speak to the head granthi Bhai Kawaljeet Singh

the academy is the only place where kids who come are on a rota system where they take turn to do kirtan every night of the week. They regularly do seva of the darbar sahib like making degh, sukhasan, prakash, taking huknammas from maharaj. THey regularly attend amirtvela on the weekends and during the holidays.

there are many kids who have kept kes and have been blessed with amrit,

also the sachkand is big as the darbar sahib, where bridh pothis can be kept with full maryada and satkaar.

the accounts are open to all of the sangat if they wish to see them, Just go there in the evening sometime.

There is no committee but there is a seva team which anyone can join. this seva team has no head besides Sri Guru Granth Sahib

this place is all about the future of the panth. please help and pass the message on that OUR guru ghar needs help.

i regularly attend the academy and know alot of the families who send their kids there and do seva.

since the opening of the academy it has been making regular payments. However since june 2010 the financial situation has been critical. around 300000 was required of which 150000 has been brought together by sangat. Another 150K is required.

if anyone doest not believe me you can go there yourself and speak to the head granthi Bhai Kawaljeet Singh

the academy is the only place where kids who come are on a rota system where they take turn to do kirtan every night of the week. They regularly do seva of the darbar sahib like making degh, sukhasan, prakash, taking huknammas from maharaj. THey regularly attend amirtvela on the weekends and during the holidays.

there are many kids who have kept kes and have been blessed with amrit,

also the sachkand is big as the darbar sahib, where bridh pothis can be kept with full maryada and satkaar.

the accounts are open to all of the sangat if they wish to see them, Just go there in the evening sometime.

There is no committee but there is a seva team which anyone can join. this seva team has no head besides Sri Guru Granth Sahib

this place is all about the future of the panth. please help and pass the message on that OUR guru ghar needs help.

This academy does way more seva for the youth than any Gurughar in UK...

How many of us can say that your local Gurughar, does "enough" for the Youth?

We should divert all funding from Gurudwares, to this academy. Instead of Gurudwaras,

building farty party halls, that funding should be donated to 100% Pure Gurmat places,

SUCH as Mata Sahib Kaur Academy.

And the fact theres no committee is just brilliant! :D

It would be useful if as well as providing a formal statement that they provide their bank account details so that funds can be transferred electronically.

All it requires is 150 people to donate £1,000 each. I am sure that there there are more than that number of graduate Gursikhs in the UK who can dip into their Daswand/savings.

If there is a real need and it is verified by the Academy, i for one will pledge £1,000 and will transfer it as soon as I receive further information.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

The sikhi parchar being done at the academy is amazing, locally and dare I say nationally there is no where that even comes close! On a personal note I started to attend the academy about 9 months ago, I had only just started keeping my kesh. I was so impressed and inspired by the kids there, some as young as 2-3 years old that I started going there on a regular basis. Because of the academy I am now learning gurmukhi, shastar vidya and have be shown how to do seva of maharaj Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Kids are taught kirtan, panjabi, gatka, gurmat principles, self defence, seva of maharaj, the list is endless! The kids there literally run the place from chaur sahib seva to sukhasan seva, they prepare the deg and help with langar preparation aswell, take Hukamnamas and perform ardas and also Sri Japji Sahib Ji raol during Akand Path Sahibs. Anyone who has not been to the academy should come and see it for themselves, it will leave you speechless.

A 13 year old buchanghi at the academy recently said to me I see you as my cousin, hurry up and take amrit so we can be brothers!!!!!! This place has to be saved!

best of all............theres no committee :)

Can someone who has physical ownersip of the financial position at the academy please formally calrify the financial position and provide the bank account details so that money can be transferred. Donating via the official online website means printing of a from and posting it, which is just looooong.