Conversion Of Sikh Girls

guptkuri

These Sikh girls who openly date anyone ie non sikhs. who do they end up marrying? do they date muslims then just marry some poor sikh guy who knows nothing of the girls past??

this is why Sikhs need to be more strict on finding a a clean girl. personaly I would never marry a girl that has dated anyone. let alone non Sikh. we should all have this attitude. thats why muslim girls dont fool around with non muslims. they know there will be concequences to pay for their actions.

Veer, have some fear of Akaal Purakh and quit being so harsh. I understand your sentiments because I am a guy too, and yes all this feels good and dignified. But you never know who you are destined to be with, you don't know who Guru Sahib's Hukam will enjoin you with, you have no idea your sanjog is meant to be with whom, and that is the scary part. The girl you may reject because of her past, she is also someone's daughter/sister, and those poor folks may not have been able to save her from ruining her life inspite of trying their best. May be today this girl regrets every moment of it and wants to return to Sikhi and sees you as someone who could help her out with elevating her GurSikhi jeevan. It would be totally damaging to reject someone in such a situation. Vaheguru forbid, if one of our sister was one of those girls who got herself ruined, can you imagine what we'd be going through? Put yourself in the shoes of that girl or her family before you say no to any girl just because of the reasons you mentioned. Its great that you had a clean life, its a blessing indeed. Why not share it with someone who wasn't as fortunate? Let go of this haumai please. I myself don't know what kind of girl Guru Sahib has in store for me, I have no idea because I am not antarjami. But in any case, its my humble Ardas that I can joyfully accept whoever He deems best for me.

These Sikh girls who openly date anyone ie non sikhs. who do they end up marrying? do they date muslims then just marry some poor sikh guy who knows nothing of the girls past??

this is why Sikhs need to be more strict on finding a a clean girl. personaly I would never marry a girl that has dated anyone. let alone non Sikh. we should all have this attitude. thats why muslim girls dont fool around with non muslims. they know there will be concequences to pay for their actions.

Isn't that a bit harsh? Don't we all make mistakes in life that we are not proud of?

I agree. I dont think thats harsh.Theres enough knowledge and education around these days for people to know better...theres no room for excuses. I also agree it should go both ways, guys and girls who thinks it's normal and acceptable to have multiple relationships before getting married should end up with each other. It shouldnt be that a decent person ends up stuck with someone like that.

The conversion side of things is more underground these days...these more of a worrying trnd of "use and abuse" i.e: guys are only using girls silly enough to fall for it, to sleep with in some case to pass amongst their mates then just discard afterwards...

It sure is harsh. But good sense will prevail on these guys someday.

Theres nothing Harsh about it. If one has not dated or engaged ir elationships himself. then he should be entitled to chose a girl who is the same as him.

or maybe you disagree with this? And you belive that you have the power to decide what one does or choses?

you belive that you have the power to decide what one does or choses?
Thats exactly my point, we mere mortals do not have a choice, its all Hukam, even sanjog is His Hukam. Max we can do it attempt to find someone as "clean" as us, but who we end up with is totally in Vaheguru's hands, which is why we should stay away from haumai and have the affectionate bhay (not exactly fear) of Vaheguru, and also do Ardas for the kind of spouse we aspire for.

As far as being "entitled" is concerned, please veer, lets not get into this "fair credit" game. We are already unable to thank Vaheguru for all that He has graced us with, one janam after another, so on top of that how do we claim to be blessed with something that is totally upto Him? Something that we don't even know if we deserve or not, or do we know better than Him? He can choose to give us or not give us, so accepting His bhaana is the GurSikhi way here, rather than "demanding benefits" for living an ucha-sucha jeevan, which again was His kirpa to begin with. Its like a kid who was helped with homework by his mom and then asks the mom for candy because he feels he did his homework by himself and is "entitled" to a candy.

Ultimately its upto you, you can and should make every effort to find the kind of spouse you have in mind and never compromise in terms of GurSikhi and Rehit. At the same time, if you are led by any kind of haumai while doing this and try to judge another human being (which only Akaal Purakh has the authority to) based on whatever factors, then may SatGuru Jee do kirpa on you...

...and also on me :)

how do you know muslim girls don't date none muslims?

• 1 year later...