Marriage

Avtar95

Big differences sikhs have with islam is, sikhs respect other religions and are very tolerant also sikhs disagree with this shariah law. No human deserves those inhumane punishments. There are muslims who are waking up today look allover arabia they overthrowing the kings for secularism even pakistan is secular shariah law is not wanted by normal people only the sheikhs in dubai want it and pay people off to go and screw up india they even fund bollywood own the actors to manipulate these people. These satanic sheikhs even want nuclear war- it will be soon dubai will be overthrown there is madness there. The bramins are also satanic but many hindus stopped listening some are still stuck.

look respect all religions but if you want to marry out, take amrit and get the other to take amrit become proper sikhs.

Vjkk Vjkf

I think the answer to this question is quite simple. Guru sahib clearly states anything that doesn't help you on your spiritual path should not be practiced. So,being an ideal sikh,as we should all aspire to be,why would you want to marry someone who doesn't follow Sikhi? The idea of marriage is to help you on your spiritual journey. Your partner is there to help you increase your jeevan and ultimately become one with Vaheguroo. Furthermore, Sangat is also emphasised in Guru Maharaj. It is clear that a persons mind can be easily influenced by sangat.In a marriage,your partner is your 24 hour sangat. Therefore it is importatnt that this Sangat is good. I fail to understand how an amritdhari sikh would benefit from marrying someone that is of another religion,in regards to their jeevan.

Our only mission on this earth is to merge with Vaheguroo,anything that helps you to achieve this is Gurmat,anything that hinders this is Manmat.

Bhul chuck maaf.

Vjkk Vjkf

Marry into the royal family or an arab royal family convert them like other people do- bring the whole country into that religion- like mughals did muslim tactic- only thing is we would not be any better then them khalsa is better then that. Khalsa looks at other women as there daughter, mother or sister-- cheryl cole is your sister.

Remember...lets not complicate religion...Religion is very simple...

Religion is a particular process to remember God..thank him and do good deeds.

So in my view, there is nothing that stops a sikh marrying a non sikh...only remember that either of the partner should not force their religion on each other...it is just like telling the other person that my religion and my way is the best and you have to follow it. If the other person willingly on its own feels that the person wants to convert into sikhism, then it is okay...but dont force them. Our Gurus didnt force people to convert into sikhism...We are not in a race to become the biggest religion in the world.

The only complication that arises when a sikh marries a non sikh is that when you have children, then what religion will they follow. The sikh and a non sikh combination is very different as Sikhs dont cut hair while non sikhs do cut hair....so naturally if you ask a child about what religion they want to follow, then naturaly the child will pick the easy way out i.e. non sikh, so that they dont have to bother looking after the hair. Following sikhism require dedication, true understanding and true love towards Waheguru.

Just a question i would like to ask

say if a sikh jatt girl marry's out of the religion, would her religion/caste remain to be the same after marriage?

and say if it does what do the children be brought as? would they be half and half....?

it is listed in the Guru Granth Sahib Ji that we cant marry our of a religion or culture?

Remember...lets not complicate religion...Religion is very simple...

Religion is a particular process to remember God..thank him and do good deeds.

So in my view, there is nothing that stops a sikh marrying a non sikh...only remember that either of the partner should not force their religion on each other...it is just like telling the other person that my religion and my way is the best and you have to follow it. If the other person willingly on its own feels that the person wants to convert into sikhism, then it is okay...but dont force them. Our Gurus didnt force people to convert into sikhism...We are not in a race to become the biggest religion in the world.

The only complication that arises when a sikh marries a non sikh is that when you have children, then what religion will they follow. The sikh and a non sikh combination is very different as Sikhs dont cut hair while non sikhs do cut hair....so naturally if you ask a child about what religion they want to follow, then naturaly the child will pick the easy way out i.e. non sikh, so that they dont have to bother looking after the hair. Following sikhism require dedication, true understanding and true love towards Waheguru.

Read the previous post that show how there is something wrong with marrying a non-Sikh even before the marriage. And you comment of Sikhs are not in a race to become the biggest religion is just to side track this whole discussion. Guru Sahib is happy with only one Sikh or no Sikh in the world rather than deluding Sikhi into saying a Sikh can marry a non-sikh. Sikhi is more dear to the Guru than some mear soul that is going to turn into dust at the end.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru JI Ki Fateh

Thanks for all the comments but my view is that if you marry a non sikh and you are amritdhari i think it is bad because no parent will ever arrange a marraige with a non sikh never and also if you have a realationship with a non sikh isn't that kaam.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru JI Ki Fateh

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I was just asking that can you marry someone from a different religon. Is it banned in our religon? What does our Rehat Maryada say about this?

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Hi Avtar. I hope my reply will help you but yet agian many religious questions have a response which is subjective more than objective. Well looking at it generally all religions be it any, want their children to marry from the same religion. I think its the way we humans have divided our selves. We say we are all equal (Avan allah noor upaya gudrat ke sabh bande) and yet we divide our selves at times. Its not that a muslim, christain etc person is any way different from a sikh. It is just that our beliefs are different.

My personel opinion is some one should not marry from outside their religion because it has some extra complications and the main one being whicvh religion your child will follow, then will the person survive with the partner when following different rules/ beliefs. At the end God is one, but then we have different ways of living and someone marrying another person from another religion may have some complications. It may be easy to say fine one child will follow religion A and the other B, but its difficult in practice.

I have a friend who wants to marry a hindu and she is a close friend and the only advice i gave her is will her parents be happy and will u continue to be a sikh. I asked her never to leave sikhi after all what Guru ji's have done for us. She said her bf said she will be allowed to follow and i had told her its easy 2 say...once sum1 gets married and it is usually seen that the husband religion previals over the whole family. Yet again her parents are religious and she told me that she doesnt want to leave the boy because its her first love. The answer for that is every 1s first love is their mom...moment we are born we are so close with our mom. So if first love is a factor then its her mom and her parents she should follow because they will want the best for you.

I hope i may have helped a bit. And im sorry for any wrong sayings or so :-).