Sohan Singh Aka Sohanjit Singh Killed In Police Custody

When i hear news like this...i find it confusing as to why the kaum has not returned to armed struggle....we will never get justice from india...I REPEAT WE WILL NEVER RECIEVE JUSTICE FROM THE ONES WHO ARE ACTUALLY COMMITTING INJUSTICES AGAINST US...

It was a reaction to the brutality of the Ravan Sena aka Panjab Police that turned a lot of Sikhs to try and get justice for themselves. It started with random police killings in 1980. Now the cycle is repeating itself. Armed struggle at this time would probably be counter productive, but i could totally understand if like, Sohan Singh's family or friend or comrade killed a police officer in return.

I didn't really understand the part where the lad explained why he was arrested. What was the official reason given by the cops?

Shera was arrested over alleged links to Babbar Khalsa. Police found no evidence that he was a member but once you get on their radar, its hard to get off.

The govt hasnt changed its attitude towards the Sikhs.

The police havent changed their attitude towards the Sikhs.

We must make sure that our attitude towards the freedom of Sikhs never changes either. At the moment its looking grim.

Bajurg Singh became Shaheed fighting oppression until his last breath. Then we have Sikhs in western countries shouting for Khalistan yet dont bother to support these brothers who are jailed and tortured or their families whom live in poverty as their main breadwinner is no longer around to provide for the family.

My request to those, who have even an ounce of respect for their Shaheeds & Jujharoos, please support projects such as SOPW: http://www.prisonerwelfare.com/

"The govt hasnt changed its attitude towards the Sikhs.

The police havent changed their attitude towards the Sikhs".

-----------

i dont think govt has changed its attitude towards the sikhs i think.. most sikhs stopped standing up for themselves so govt doesnt feel the need to go in villages and kill random people and the few that do are in jails they are still arresting people.. read the letter and you will know what i mean

if the govt really changed its attitude then why not release the sikh prisoners that were jailed under TADA. there are singhnis in jails too no one speaks of them.

we need to do something about it.. and right now what we can do is support prisonerwelfare.com as they are helping those in jails :)

Only those who this happens to knows... The family's of the dead are unheard. This is the world we live in now and sympathizing on an internet forum isn't going to help them.

It's funny how something like this isn't highlighted or put on forum headlines or any sort of media cover but other more trivial matters seem to get attention. We are all sleeping so deep that it takes a huge massacare to wake us up, for maybe 1/2 years? (1984).. Then we go to sleep again. I wonder what the next "big attack" will be.

Bajurg Singh became Shaheed fighting oppression until his last breath. Then we have Sikhs in western countries shouting for Khalistan yet dont bother to support these brothers who are jailed and tortured or their families whom live in poverty as their main breadwinner is no longer around to provide for the family.

My request to those, who have even an ounce of respect for their Shaheeds & Jujharoos, please support projects such as SOPW: http://www.prisonerwelfare.com/

Please go to that link, it's so easy to donate money! It's also very easy to get the government to donate 28p for free for every pound you donate! That means the that British Government will support you in this cause to release illegally imprisoned Sikh men and women, and give an extra 28% of your donation, for FREE!!!

May be your donation will help a bread winning father return home to support his struggling Children!!

You could also ask Friends and Family to donate to!

Please go to that link, it's so easy to donate money! It's also very easy to get the government to donate 28p for free for every pound you donate! That means the that British Government will support you in this cause to release illegally imprisoned Sikh men and women, and give an extra 28% of your donation, for FREE!!!

May be your donation will help a bread winning father return home to support his struggling Children!!

You could also ask Friends and Family to donate to!

veerji prisonerwelfare.com is doing so much seva but i feel like more needs to be done such as: giving presentations in gurudwara and collecting donation from gurudwaras... i am sure sangat will be supportive and someone on facebook pointed out that giving presnetations in universities to get donation to help them would be helpful.

veerji prisonerwelfare.com is doing so much seva but i feel like more needs to be done such as: giving presentations in gurudwara and collecting donation from gurudwaras... i am sure sangat will be supportive and someone on facebook pointed out that giving presnetations in universities to get donation to help them would be helpful.

Yes and many of the Sikh Jathebandhis, Sants , Babas, Nihangs do not even mention anything wrong is happening. Until they join in then the awarness will not reach the masses. Its a case of practise what you preach, injustice is going on now just as during the time of the Gurus.