Taking Over Gurudawara By Ravidasia

I am seeing this disturbing trend of a new sense of 'self-respect' and 'Chamar Chauvinism' amongst these Ravidassis. First it was Putt Chamara De songs, then they wouldn't like to be called Sikhs but a seperate Qaum. And now this... UNACCEPTABLE.

Some of it is caused by the Jatt supremacy over other 'castes' in Punjab for decades. Not letting them enter 'their' Gurudwaras, not giving them Parshad etc, but what they are doing won't be tolerated.

If this continues this way, Ravidasia religion will become the third major religion in Punjab with devasting effects for Sikhs (Sikhs becoming a huge minority - altough now we don't have many true Sikhs in Punjab, we still are a slight majority in figures, but even that will be gone).

This ought to be stopped, especially if we preach the fact that Bhagat Ravidas was a Sikh of Guru Nanak Sahib.

(I once tried talking to a Ravidasia (not Sikh), and referred to Bhagat Ravidas as Bhagat, he straightly told me that I had to use Guru for Bhagat Ravidas, else he won't talk.)

On a side note, the guys taking Nishan Sahib down should be executed.

No other castes cause this they are FREE TO GO TAKE AMRIT WHEN THEY LIKE ,no one can stop you being a Sikh and following the teachings of Gurbani this is all a ploy and stupid excuses by them ,they have attempted to seperate bani from SGGS Ji maharaj ,slappers like miss pooja have made songs decalring a Vakhra Panth they openly attack Sikhs of any so called caste even those who supposdly come from the same background whenever they get the chance ie: Dera chele running around smashing gurdwara windows for ram rahim and so on.Foot soldiers of most Hindu fanatic groups like Shiv Sena RSS VHP and so on the Bhaman is the head these are the soldiers.

Either they should be straight and give the Sikh Nation a time and place where we deal with them for once and for all or the Sikhs will crush them as we have done all the enemies in the past if not today or tommorow but we will defeat the enemy which removes the Nishan Sahib of the Khalsa Panth of a Gurdwara - in an attempt to implement a bhamanvaddi ideology of caste gurdwaras,not Gurdwaras in their case ,more like Mandirs in which Guru Granth Sahib is parkaash as they also keep idols and so on.

after vienna, Shiv Sena has tried very hard to break away this community. There is A LOT of propaganda going on, even within the that community they are very divided. Most of this is to provoke a reaction, and then for an incident to occur that will divide the 2 communities for good. Thats what shiv sena want.

I think we need to play the opposite game, promote Sikhi to their community like never before, promote the bani of Bhagt Ravidass ji, anniversary etc with a lot of effort, so the propaganda can be counter acted.

Saying that, after reading their comments on the net, the burning of Sant ji photos post-vienna, and the ban the kirpan rally in hyde park, they are pushing Sikhs to the limit

Personally I think they have had their limit ,as you mentioned in your posts kirpan protest ,burning sant jis pics,seperating bani ,these lot can run a mock in Panjab daily without no Police action they can burn buses for deras like choota sauda and they are the footsoldiers of the hindutva agenda.

Sikhs welcome all in to the fold they just use it as an excuse that they are not 'accepted' no one can stop anyone following the Guru or from taking amrit if you have faith in Guru.There are many ex ravidassias who are true GurSikhs and share nothing with these dogs climbing on the roof of the Gurdwara.

Everyday is a new attack on Sikhs not a day goes they have already thrown SGGSJ out of most of their so called Gurdwaras now they remove Nishan Sahibs ,only a small section have stayed true and not gone against SGSS Ji they are the ones who need to be shown Sikhi ,not these terrorists

The Sikh Nation will wake up sooner than we think....

Some of it is caused by the Jatt supremacy over other 'castes' in Punjab for decades. Not letting them enter 'their' Gurudwaras, not giving them Parshad etc, but what they are doing won't be tolerated.

Are my children still gonna be held account for what my great-grandparents did ? I ask because in neither my nor my parents time has such a thing been done....i.e "Not letting them enter 'their' Gurudwaras, not giving them Parshad etc" . I have been visiting rural Punjab at least twice a year for my whole life and never once have I nor anyone else ever ever seen or heard of anyone being refused entry into a gurdwara, refused parshad etc. What these chamars are doing now is the equivelent of what some black criminals do ; justify it on the grounds that a few generations ago their anscestors were treated as second class humans. Next time, before you make statements such as the one above i suggest you first give us the name and address of at least one 'Jatt Gurdwara' in the world, if you can.....then show us proof of one single time that someone of a lower standing has been refused entry or parshad in a gurdwara this side of Thatchers election win in 1979.

Whats next ? Are you going to condone the recent spate of shootings in South London on the grounds that Chaucer said derogotory things about south of the river in 1386 ?

Get with the programme fella....the year is 2011. These people don't need treating with kid gloves. They need to stop getting their favoured treatment via 'positive discrimination' in terms of education and top jobs.....and should be given, instead, a damn good beating.

So some of you seem to think that casteism in the panth has had no bearing on how these Ravidasis are going on. That's just plain living in denial.

In that video, you got a blatant statement by an Amritdhari of 'Ravidasi' background complaining about discrimination, but still you bury your head in the sand.

Truth is that a Gurdawara is frequently dominated by one caste group, which ever it may be. Just because certain groups don't stick a big sign on Gurdwara to advertise this doesn't mean it isn't happening. Singh Sabha's are considered to be Jatt dominated Gurdwaras by many. Face it.

Anyway, if people don't start coming with something more progressive in terms of intercaste relations, this is just going to become yet another problem for the panth, especially in Panjab.

I think Sarabha Panjab had the best take on this so far - we need reintegration not more demonising. But I doubt anyone wants to confront internal demons and so the dye is cast and we are going to reap the fruits of ignoring the caste discrimination issue for so long.

Apay beej, apay hee kaho.

Truth is a Gurdawaras is frequently dominated by one caste group, which ever it is. Just because certain groups don't stick a big sign on Gurdwara to advertise thise doesn't mean it isn't happening. Singh Sabha's are considered to be Jatt dominated Gurdwaras by many.

My local 'Singh Sabha', in Hounslow, has a Khatri president, Ramgharia vice president, Arora treasurer etc. The make up reflects the Sikh community at large. Previously, here in Hounslow, when the local Sikh sangat was 90% Jatt, the gurdwara make up was also 90% Jatt. As the sangat has changed so has the make up of the gurdwara. You seem to be blaming jatt sikhs for being so many in number. What should they do ? should they all sterilise themselves so they can't have any more children and we can balance the numbers a bit ? Should we send half of them to the gas chamber in order to make the numbers a little more equal ? When the Jatts make up the overwhelming number of the Sikhs please explain why you think it odd that that figure might also manifest itself in the sangat and committe numbers ?

I take it you're calling for an Indian government type quoto system promoting positive discrimination in our gurdwaras then ? Perhaps a bouncer at the door of the gurdwara with strict instructions to only allow a certain number of jatts in....turning away all once that quota has been filled. This will certainly solve your problem.....because it seems, if they breath, talk, walk, exist and turn up at the gurdwara you see that as them blatantly 'dominating' the gurdwara on purpose.....and if they're there in large numbers then they're obviously up to no good. Probably have an evil plan to 'discriminate' or something. Some of these 'jatts' can be very clever you know. :6 Breathing, then, is obviously the key here. If we can think of a way of stopping at least 50% of them from breathing we may be able to solve the problem.