Rally for Islam?

Guest mehtab

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Below is a response (in bold) received from Mayor's office today regarding last years rally. Note the action the Mayor will take if the byelaws are again breached.

As per the 'Guru Nanak Nishkam Sewak Jatha (Birmingham) UK' disheartening official press statement sent to the Sikh community and various official organisation (including the Prime Minister) on Friday requesting:

Sikhs to refrain from attending this unauthorised Rally and thereby starve it of it's 'oxygen'

"The Lord Mayor's Office has declared that the proposed Rally is not authorised and that the Police will take appropriate action in the event the Rally is held. We should let the Law take its course"

So have a look for yourself at what action was taken last year.... & judge for yourself what action the Mayor would have taken this year if the rally went ahead.....

Mayors response below.

Thank you for your further correspondence regarding a proposed rally in Trafalgar Square on 25 July 2004, I have been asked to reply.

You enquired about the history of the previous prosecution of the Al Muhajiroun. A court case took place on 17 April 2003. It related to activities on 25th August 2002. The Al Muhajiroun organisers were fined £200 which is the maximum allowed and ordered to pay £750 towards the prosecution court costs. The Mayor will take a similar approach if the byelaws are again breached.

As stated before the Al Muhajiroun do not have permission to hold a rally on Trafalgar Square and they have not applied for permission. The GLA is in constant liaison with the Metropolitan Police regarding the event.

VahegurujikaKhalsa, VahegurujikiFateh!

Tarunjeet bhaji,

If anyone has info on where Anjum Choudhury (leader of al Mushroom) lives, please let us know.

There was a lot of Sangat from Ilford at the rally yesterday - it would be good if we knew who the enemy was.

As a matter of interest - a few weeks ago at about 4am a few car loads of Dastaar wearing muslims pulled up in a side street in the Ilford area. They then started to get out one by one and go for a drive in another car which had pulled up. When the car would come back, the guy would get out and another would get in and go for a drive. Only when all the people in the orginal two car loads and spoken to the people in the third car did they drive off. This carried on for nearly an hour.

These are guys are dangerous - keep your eyes and ears open...

Guest Jahan

It was a good turnout for the Sikhs although given the publicity of the event i had expected much more to show up.

Did we get on the news last night or in any newspaper?

I met one member of this forum there yesterday (Jeevan). Was a pleasure to meet you bro,

Harpartap Singh, i believe the Al-Muhajiroun group is based here in North London (Edmonton). If not the entire group then definitely whoever wrote the press-release against Sikhism lives here.

Regards,

To Jahan, it was great meeting you.

Please do not be disappointed by the numbers, considering this was lead by the youth and Gurjeet Singh, National Press Secretary, Sikh Federation (UK) stated, 'an official protest is not being organised by the Sikh community', we have ALL done amazingly well. I see this is a rallying cry to other Sikhs who did not come on Sunday to now get on board.

This event was brought to the attention to the Sikhs by various individuals. From this literally overnight, meetings were held, numbers gathered, coaches booked, code of conduct published, banners printed, a uniform in clothing agreed upon, then the Sikhs rallied on Sunday 25th July 2004 at Trafalgar Square as one voice. To top it up, the media, the police, right wing & left wing groups, the good people of Britain and Tourists knew what we were all about. We made friends with each other and managed to reach out to vast sections of the community in a country we love and respect. :TH:

I slept like a baby on Sunday night, I know Al-Muhajiroun did not sleep at all. They will have many sleepless nights to come and will be bickering amongst themselves by now. wacko.gif

Jahan, if you ever feel down or have a question, leave a message up for me. Be careful though DO NOT give each others identities away.

Waheguru will keep you. You sought to protect His people He w

ill seek to protect you. :TH:

WGJK

WGJK

Jeevan

We did not get into to the westen Media, but the Punjabi/Sikh media have been good.

I would like to say big Thanks to PANJAB RADIO for all the support that they gave us during the last week and yesterday they were talking about the MArch and the sikh youths.

They said that the Sikh youth made them Proud and we as Sikh should be proud of our Youth and its time to let the youth help with running Gurdware.

http://www.muslimnews.co.uk/news/news.ppa?article=7802

Got some coverage, notice how we are termed 'extremist' by Al-Muhajiroun. Also where were the Hindus.

Al-Muhajiroun moves rally

25-07-2004

By Vik Iyer

PA News:

A Muslim group accused of spreading extremist views cancelled plans to hold an unofficial rally in London today.

Between 600 and 700 Al-Muhajiroun members were expected at the midday rally in Trafalgar Square, with the Mayor of London Ken Livingstone threatening to take legal action if the rally went ahead.

But organisers confirmed this morning that they had decided to move the rally to an undisclosed venue in Essex because of safety fears.

The extreme right-wing British National Party, which is openly against the Islamic faith, had been expected to send activists to Trafalgar Square.

Anjem Choudary, the UK head of Al-Muhajiroun, said: "We could not guarantee the safety and security of the attendees.

"There were a number of people coming from all over the country ... it would be very difficult for us to control."

Mr Choudary claimed there were a number of organisations due to attend, including extremist Sikh and Hindu groups.

He added: "The police were planning a meticulous operation today. I am not aware how they were going to deal with the security.

"There has been lot of negative publicity and propaganda. I don't think we were being treated fairly."

Mr Choudary went on: "We cou

ld not guarantee the safety of people who were not aware of the rally in Trafalgar Square."

He said the group took seriously the threat posed by terror group al Qaida.

Mr Choudary said: "It could be anywhere in Europe but the most likely target is Britain.

"Ultimately, it was the sheikh's decision but he consulted leaders of the Muslim community."

Yesterday, Al-Muhajiroun's spiritual leader Sheikh Omar Bakri Muhammad accused London's authorities of being biased against his group.

He said Trafalgar Square by-laws were being deliberately used against the group.