Man'S Turban Stolen In Southampton Race Attack

Pyara

Veerji, Can you tell me any spirituality difference between wearing dumalla and peak style turban? If there is then why so many countless panth ratan and jujaharoo singh wore em for their whole life.

Also, before British invaded punjab, our forefathers never wore western clothes (which most of us wear em now).. Our bibian never wore "Salwar Kaamez" but only ghagraay.

Maharaj gaves us the Dumalla we should stick to that. Should we modernise the Chola ?? before the west took influnce we didnt go KFC we didnt sniff coke does it make it rite now because we r weston orintated

i spirituality terms, i dont see a difference between damalla and pointy pagg. but pointy pagg is promoted by sgpc, as if you want to do kirtan at harimandir sahib you have to wear a pointy pagg (chardikala jatha is the only exceptiion. nobody else can as demonstrated when some Akhand Kirtani Jatha singhs from australia and california wanted to do kirtan but were required to wear ponty pagg). THe SGPC claims that pointy pagg is more formal or proper which is why they require it. they don't want anyone to do kirtan at harmandir sahib, but want them to look respectable. which is why i think they have made white kurtas and pointy pagg (black or blue) the standard. when this all came into play, i have no clue.

i think the real question posed here is what is bana? damalla chola?

(i am an agyani so don't know the answer)

concerning the original post. the concept of a pagg and what it represents has entirely changed. it doesn't hold the respectabliity that it once did.

I am seriously considering wearing dummalla myself.. but don't know how to... any tips or tutioral?

I don't think you have these issues in Canada compared to other places.

I'm pretty sure Nok Pagga were promoted by SGPC, after they went corrupt.

The dumalla is the original Sikh Dastaar.

Can anyone confirm? :)

On a personal level, if that happened infront of me, I would get off the bus with the 'Singh' and give him a lecture, that what the hell,

and proberly grassed him upto the Police :p

If that happened in front of me i'd have confronted the fools for the 'singh' (and sikhs, as an attack on the dastar is an attack on all of us) and there'd probably be a punch up.

If it happened to me, well, I'd probably end up going to prison.

I am really surprised by the comments .People here are discussing what style of pagg to wear may be the next step is just attach it so tightly so no one can remove them.The victims are here are at no fault there is no way an unarmed Sikh could defeat 5 drunken white men in face to face fight.Strength lies in numbers The best way to deal with these cases is make Sikh pride groups Just go after the culprits catch 1 or two of them and beat ,insult them like blacken their face or anything.Make sure next time they will remember that insulting a singh could backfire them.If our soormey can fight in gurdwarey then they should be able to fight them on streets.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• I agree we're not born with sin like the Christians think. Also I agree we have effects of karma. But Gurbani does state that the body contains both sin and charity (goodness): ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਪਾਪੁ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਦੁਇ ਭਾਈ ॥ Within the body are the two brothers sin and virtue. p126 Actually, we do need to be saved. Gurbani calls this "udhaar" (uplift). Without Satguru, souls are liable to spiritual death: ਜਿਨਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨ ਭੇਟਿਓ ਸੇ ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਵਸਿ ਕਾਲ ॥ p40 Those who have not met Satguru Purakh are unfortunate and liable to death. So, yeah, we do need to be saved, and Guru ji does the saving. The reason Satguru is the one to save is because God has given Satguru the "key" (kunji): ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਥਿ ਕੁੰਜੀ ਹੋਰਤੁ ਦਰੁ ਖੁਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੭॥ In the True Guru's hand is the key. None else can open the door. By perfect good fortune the Guru is met. p124
    • That's unfortunate to hear. Could you give any more information? Who was this "baba"? He just disappeared with people's money? Obviously, you should donate your money to known institutions or poor people that you can verify the need of through friends and family in Punjab.
    • Sangat ji,  I know a family who went Sevewal to do seva sometimes end of 2019. They returned last year in great dismay and heart broken.  To repent for their mistakes they approached panj pyaare. The Panj gave them their punishment / order to how t make it up which, with Kirpa, they fulfilled.  They were listening to a fake Baba who, in the end, took all the "Donations " and fled sometime over a year ago. For nearly 4 years this family (who are great Gursikhs once u get to know them) wasted time and effort for this fake Baba. NOT ONLY this one fam. But many, many did worldwide and they took their fam to do seva, in village Sevewal, city Jaitho in Punjab. In the end many families lost money in thousands being behind this Baba. The family, on return, had to get in touch with all the participants and told them to stop.  I am stating this here to create awareness and we need to learn from whom we follow and believe. It's no easy but if we follow the 3 S (Sangat, Simran and Seva) we will be shown the light. As I am writing this the family in question have been doing the same since 2008 onwards and they fell for this Baba... it is unbelievable and shocking.  This am writing in a nutshell as am at work on my break so not lengthy but it deserves a great length.  Especially the family in question, who shed light on youngsters about Sikhi 20 plus years!! 
    • Giani Kulwant Singh Jawaddi Kalan uses simple Punjabi.
    • Leaving aside Guru ji, the general question of taking afeem (opium) in limited quantities for war/medical wounds is simply unproblematic. When you go to the hospital, they give you morphine. What do you think morphine is? It's an opiate. Even codeine (cough syrup) is an opiate! Ever had a cough? Granted, it is against Gurmat to take opium or other drugs for the fun of it.

Important Information

Terms of Use