Horses Used By The Sikhs

Thanks Singh559, i have uploaded 3 pics fom the book "The real Maharaja Ranjit Singh" by the Fakir Brothers.

Sorry about the haphazard appearance. Note on 1 pic there is Maharaja Sher Singh, who made off with one of Maha. Ranjit Singhs favourite horses "Doolan", for which the King threatened to disown his son when he found out.

The other is a "asp-i-laelee" written in persian script, which as i posted earlier is a feminine name, which led to the confusion of whether this was actually the sought horse.

The other shows the horse "asp-i-laelee" with a well hung pair of testicles,showing the horse was a stallion.

post-8529-0-66315600-1331477997_thumb.jp

post-8529-0-24594900-1331478081_thumb.jp

post-8529-0-35166900-1331478184_thumb.jp

I doubt the pathans could have conned an equine expert like Maharaja Ranjit Singh.

He had an eye for a good horse. Conning him with a horse would be like me trying to pass off say Frank Bruno as Cassius Clay with Angelo Dundee.

I know where youare coming from Bhaji, but Maha. Ranjit SIngh or even anyone in the Lahore Darbar had never seen the horse, they had only heard about it, and even then there were conflicting reports of the horses colour, as majid bhaji has pointed out. BTW majid bhaji's article is a C&P from the book "The real Maharaja Ranjit Singh".

But what cannot be disputed is that Maha Ranjit Singh was happy with the horse he got.

The other is a "asp-i-laelee" written in persian script, which as i posted earlier is a feminine name, which led to the confusion of whether this was actually the sought horse.

I still can't understand what you think is so 'feminine' about the name 'Horse belonging to Laila' ...chatanga ?

For example.....if I am the son of my mother it doesn't make me feminine simply because I belong to someone who is feminine. ya get me bruvs ?

....and I'm sure you understand that the Lailla in question is the one in the Laila -Majnu story...not just any old laila.

I still can't understand what you think is so 'feminine' about the name 'Horse belonging to Laila' ...chatanga ?

Because the name isnt asp-i-laila, its asp-i-lailee. The horse of Lailee, well in persian anyway.

Im not disputing it, im saying that there was at that time, confusion, in the Lahore Darbar, over whether this really was the horse Maharaja RAnjit Singh went to war over.

Zoltan singh, who is on the horse of the Buddha Dal bllodline horse's sister? it doesnt seem like its a nihang on it.

No these horses are not with the Budha Dal. The stallion was with them previously and they kept him in very poor condition (the type of condition you see animals in RSPCA adverts), he was with the Balbir faction of the Budha Dal previously. His condition is now much better.

There is a photo of the same stallion when he was with the nangs:

http://www.sikhsanga...post__p__496820

(bottom photo).