Horses Used By The Sikhs

Yeah, I can tell by the horse, it's very good looking and looks well kept.

I see, i guess that would work as well then. What is the most unique and sought after trait of the prathan nassal in you opinion? Is it the height and strength of the horse, i know that arabs only go up to around 15hands max.

Height, strength, stamina and presence.

• 5 months later...

here is my Uncle with his horse. It is of Chumbi breed. Its is lovely and has a fiery look in its eye, but it is so beautiful. Myu uncle has had horse for a long time, and this mare has given a filly which is red in colour, (its father was white) and that is looking good as well.

It is very hard to keep a horse in UK, for one thing it is very expensive, and also because virtually all SIkhs live in the cities.

Has anyone here ever thought of learning to horse-ride?

or is? let us know.

or is there any use in learning to horse-ride anymore?

post-8529-0-38625500-1319920893_thumb.jp

in Response to Chatangas comment,

maharaj kirpa a few of us singhs used to keep an arab horse in slough.

is very expensive, and time consuming but an amazing seva! horses are amazing animals!

if your thinking about it, or any1 msg me and we could help/guide/advise.

in sikh ithaas, arab horses are mentioned alot, and were used in guro maharajs armies!

maharaj kirpa a few of us singhs used to keep an arab horse in slough.

is very expensive, and time consuming but an amazing seva! horses are amazing animals!

That is amazing. That is a great idea for us Sikhs in UK, why not get together in our local circles and get a horse, and learn to ride it?

Bro, can you share any pics of this horse and how you thought in the 1st place of getting together to do this ? And are you still doing it?

Just imagine if some of the bigger gurdwaras, invested in stables and horses, to get this sewa more accessible to younger Sikhs? That would be something.

Just imagine if some of the bigger gurdwaras, invested in stables and horses, to get this sewa more accessible to younger Sikhs? That would be something.

Good idea, maybe a Sikh Riding School needs to be setup.

BTW the photo of the horse you have posted is that of a desi mix breed. Nice hardy horses and if covered by a good stallion they can produce good offspring.